• This topic is locked

How about an "off topic" area?

#21 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

One thing I do realise about women Loz, is there are some really nice, polite ones who are not infatuated with getting the last word but are sensible enough to debate like grown ups.

Sorry for got the  ;)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could pretty much say the same about men, though unlike some men you will find that as well as being really nice and polite some women have a sense of humour too. Which seems a little amiss around here at times with some members of the opposite sex.

#22 User is offline   Bob 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 09:41 PM, said:

One thing I do realise about women Loz, is there are some really nice, polite ones who are not infatuated with getting the last word but are sensible enough to debate like grown ups.

Sorry for got the  ;)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mark,

You should know by now, don't argue with the fairer sex you will lose.

Bob
Bob

My wish was always to see the club in the Championship before I die but they have let me down

#23 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 09:27 PM, said:

I drive and park my car on west bars.  I dont drink if I have the car. 

You dont have to drink to go in a pub.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a message board meet up planned any time soon?
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#24 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

All of the arguing above just proves why we dont want a public bar sort of area on the board!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#25 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

ash_cfc, on Jun 11 2005, 09:35 PM, said:

All of the arguing above just proves why we dont want a public bar sort of area on the board!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who's arguing??

#26 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

who's arguing??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well not arguing but the comments made etc..

shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush in my opinion

sharp comments (sorry opinions)

I offered an opinion which was different to yours and mine just happens to sound sharp?

there are some really nice, polite ones who are not infatuated with getting the last word but are sensible enough to debate like grown ups.

Are some of the ones i have picked out and i just feel these would continue and continue and it the situation would become exactly the same as what it was but without El C. Just my opinoin ;)

#27 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

who's arguing??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the irony ;)

#28 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:47 PM

So when people are told they are 'aggressive' and 'keyboard warriors' just because they cannot manage to get to a message board get-together we're not meant to pass comment?

#29 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:49 PM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:47 PM, said:

So when people are told they are 'aggressive' and 'keyboard warriors' just because they cannot manage to get to a message board get-together we're not meant to pass comment?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did i ever say that? I was just pointing out my opinion that the above would only escalate into a much bigger "Debate" causing people (Chesterfield Fans) to fall out like it did before.

#30 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:53 PM

ash_cfc, on Jun 11 2005, 09:49 PM, said:

Did i ever say that? I was just pointing out my opinion that the above would only escalate into a much bigger "Debate" causing people (Chesterfield Fans) to fall out like it did before.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand what you're saying Ash but as I said earlier I never went on the Chat thingummyjig whatever it was. And people will always have differing opinions, it doesn't mean they are falling out. I would say the same thing to your face as I do on here! And to anyone else's. Anyway how's the exams going? Are you winning?

#31 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:53 PM, said:

I understand what you're saying Ash but as I said earlier I never went on the Chat thingummyjig whatever it was. And people will always have differing opinions, it doesn't mean they are falling out. I would say the same thing to your face as I do on here! And to anyone else's. Anyway how's the exams going? Are you winning?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stressfulo but worth it in my opinion. Dreading getting the results on the 25th Aug lol its my birthday on the 26th...Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Thanks for the concern ;)

#32 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

dannypearson, on Jun 11 2005, 09:32 PM, said:

Is there a message board meet up planned any time soon?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you arrange one Danny, get the ball rolling.

#33 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 10:58 PM, said:

Why don't you arrange one Danny, get the ball rolling.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's up to every-one to arrange one, any weekend is good for me (except the one around 16th July.)

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:11 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 10:17 PM, said:

The thing is mate, in a pub over a pint you are face to face with people, on here you are not, so people tend to be a bit braver on here and a bit more agressive so to compare the message board to a pint in the pub is not quite on track.

If you ever went to a messageboard meet up in the pub before the game, you would understand exactly what I mean.  Those that dont go are the ones that like to play keyboard warrior, the agressive ones on here.  Those that do go show what type of people they are, which is nice, friendly, and a good laugh.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who are the keyboard warriors then Mark?
I regularly go in the Portland before games but dont make myself know to the "meetups". Firstly because I go with a mate who doesnt have a comp` secondly because I havent got a clue who anyone is and thirdly I have no real desire to meet up and drink with anyone on here. I`m quite happy to discuss views online and even argue a point but not bothered about taking it any further.
If anyone thinks I am a "keyboard warrior", therefore I`m not nice, friendly or like a laugh then they can keep in their little meet up groups.
Actually I think your "keyboard warrior post" has just insured that I will continue to keep myself to myself, but I`m not too upset, neither I suppose are you.

Mr Mercury.
East stand second class citizen.

#35 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

Mt Murcury,

The whole point I am trying to make is that the Public Bar did not and will not work. Someone compared it to having a pint in the local, I am just trying to say its not like that at all. People will (and do) act totally differently face to face even though they say they wouldn't.

You have admitted above you would not say half the stuff you do face to face "I have no real desire to meet up and drink with anyone on here." Why not? You love to chat on here?

Many people on here act bolshy and arrogant, I am not saying you in particular, my point is, those that do act like that would never be like that face to face, hence my intital argument that a "public Bar" on the messageboard couldn't really be further from the truth. You yourself wouldn't drink in there.

Keep the public bar out!!!

#36 User is offline   Chris_CFC 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

totally agree with Ash on this one (and yes I was someone who DID use the public bar lol)
Do I look like a ****ing Jukebox?

#37 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:03 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 11 2005, 08:10 AM, said:

More often than not it got too political and people,not just El C but most people, became offensive and defensive to the point where it ruined the whole message board with childish squabbling.

There are hundreds and thousands of message boards and forums where you can discuss virtually any subject.  This is a football messageboard, about Chesterfield Football club, it should stay that way.

If people want to discuss politics,  the third world or whatever they should join the appropriate forum, not turn this into a battle ground as it was before.  I am a member of 3 messageboard forums including this one, admittedly I dont use the others as much as this one, but if I want to discuss those particular subjects, thats where I go.

Don't bring it back, it causes too much trouble.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is enough childish squabbling going on as it is between certain members

#38 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:52 AM

Chris_CFC, on Jun 12 2005, 01:31 AM, said:

totally agree with Ash on this one (and yes I was someone who DID use the public bar lol)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For such a young lad, Ash has a very grown-up head on his shoulders and I actually respect his opinion. And he knows it don't you Ash!?

#39 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:53 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 12 2005, 12:28 AM, said:

Mt Murcury,

The whole point I am trying to make is that the Public Bar did not and will not work.  Someone compared it to having a pint in the local, I am just trying to say its not like that at all.  People will (and do) act totally differently face to face even though they say they wouldn't.

You have admitted above you would not say half the stuff you do face to face "I have no real desire to meet up and drink with anyone on here."  Why not?  You love to chat on here?

Many people on here act bolshy and arrogant, I am not saying you in particular, my point is, those that do act like that would never be like that face to face, hence my intital argument that a "public Bar" on the messageboard couldn't really be further from the truth.  You yourself wouldn't drink in there.

Keep the public bar out!!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you missinterpret the reason why I wouldn`t say anything "face to face". If you are implying that I would go all shy and retired and not voice my views in the way I do on here you are very wrong. Its just that I prefer my prematch routine the way it is and if I ever do attend a meet up I can assure you my opinions would`nt be watered down by half.
East stand second class citizen.

#40 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:03 AM

Mr Mercury, on Jun 12 2005, 09:53 AM, said:

I can assure you my opinions would`nt be watered down by half.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep..ok mate.

You said yuorself you have been in the same pub as all of us yet you choose not to speak to any one.

Now I am sure youw ould not deny you are one of the louder voices on the messageboard, but given the opportunity to introduce yourself.. you decide not to be so vocal..

Whatever you say mte, whatever you say..

You are not the only one by the way!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users