Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Seats Didn't Exist!! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seats Didn't Exist!!

#1 User is offline   Fan28 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Anybody else arrive at their seats to find that their seats didn't exist?! We walked up the aisle to our row and looked to the left of the aisle - seat 479, then we looked to the right - seat 483. Only problem was our seat numbers were 480, 481 and 482! The steps were where our seats should have been. How does that work?! Eventually got sorted out just before kick off when a female steward turned up handing out new tickets to quite a few of us that were in this predicament. Just makes me wonder how there could have been spare tickets for our end that magically just appeared?

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

Do you think we actually had 5700 tickets? I don't think 250 tickets would have been sold and not used.

#3 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostFan28, on 24 January 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Anybody else arrive at their seats to find that their seats didn't exist?! We walked up the aisle to our row and looked to the left of the aisle - seat 479, then we looked to the right - seat 483. Only problem was our seat numbers were 480, 481 and 482! The steps were where our seats should have been. How does that work?! Eventually got sorted out just before kick off when a female steward turned up handing out new tickets to quite a few of us that were in this predicament. Just makes me wonder how there could have been spare tickets for our end that magically just appeared?

If it's any consolation I never got to sit down once in the whole 90, and there must have been hundreds near the back who didn't either. Not complaining you understand - it was brilliant.

#4 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

View Posth again, on 24 January 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

If it's any consolation I never got to sit down once in the whole 90, and there must have been hundreds near the back who didn't either. Not complaining you understand - it was brilliant.

Was it brilliant for the little ones sat behind you who had 90 minutes of your fat backside to view when they came to watch the football?

View Posth again, on 24 January 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

Was it brilliant for the little ones sat behind you who had 90 minutes looking at your backside when they came to watch the football?

#5 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

It seems that 480, 481 and 482 were replaced by an extra sets of steps during construction. I had one of the missing seats among my tickets.

A steward told me that there had never been an issue since opening as this area is usually home supporters...

My mate managed to sit on an empty seat just behind and other fans lacking a seat were relocated. What was more of an issue was that half of the block behind me, and I was on the bottom row, walked down the steps for toilets and refreshments! My row was no wider than any but this meant that for the first and last ten minutes of both halves I had to stand up repeatedly to let other Spireites through. Not a problem for me, except that it meant I saw little of the action, but one of my party was recovering from a recent operation.
Peter Whiteley

#6 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

We got moved as we were right at the back initially by the control room and if you sat down you couldn't see the goal at the far end because of the wayvthe control room stuck out. Ended up being moved to the second row in the corner.

#7 User is offline   Fan28 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

People give our club grief for messing things up but this just proves that other (bigger) clubs can also make mistakes. Give our club a break!

#8 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

Happened to my brother bless him, had to go in the Derby end with his dad
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#9 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostFan28, on 24 January 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Was told last night about these non existent seats also behind us Block H after row U fans were being moved because they could not see because that glass control/incident room was in way they opened seats up in next block which were covered up...

#10 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 25 January 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Was told last night about these non existent seats also behind us Block H after row U fans were being moved because they could not see because that glass control/incident room was in way they opened seats up in next block which were covered up...

I was in Block H row X(back row) and had a good view but walking out, went past the seats with poor view and said to my friends about the poor view in those seats and glad we weren't in them
Have passport will travel

#11 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostFreddie, on 24 January 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

Was it brilliant for the little ones sat behind you who had 90 minutes of your fat backside to view when they came to watch the football?

Was it brilliant for the little ones sat behind you who had 90 minutes looking at your backside when they came to watch the football?

Yes Freddie complete aris holes some fans - totally inconsiderate for older fans who cannot follow suit. I do understand but when folks just stand up to sing and put their arms out not considering the folks behind them it's very frustrating. Even asked him 3 times to think about folks behind him.
God I hate this league.

#12 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 25 January 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

I was in Block H row X(back row) and had a good view but walking out, went past the seats with poor view and said to my friends about the poor view in those seats and glad we weren't in them

We were row x and the first 4 seats on the row. Stood up you could see but sat down was crap. They shifted us right to the front in the corner instead.

#13 User is offline   Steak pie please 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

We had some stood up, arms out, first ever sip of beer type at Wembley. When told to sit down they responded with comments of 'support your team'. They then proceeded to ask others who half the team were.

#14 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostFreddie, on 24 January 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

There weren't any children - 'little ones' is the twee version used by childish adults - sat behind me, despite your pathetic attempts to stir things up. What there were were at least 5 rows of adults all standing up, and in front of me at least the same. Do you propose I should sit down and miss the game to suit the agenda of miserable people like you?
I'm the wrong side of 70, but if people in front of me want to stand, then I'll stand up as well, and without whingeing about them and using children to justify my miserable attitude.
Your post is way out of order. If you can't contribute without that sort of stuff you're better not contributing at all.

This post has been edited by h again: 25 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 January 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Yes Freddie complete aris holes some fans - totally inconsiderate for older fans who cannot follow suit. I do understand but when folks just stand up to sing and put their arms out not considering the folks behind them it's very frustrating. Even asked him 3 times to think about folks behind him.

No Freddie - see above. Some people about halfway down shouldn't have been standing up, but once it happens you can't expect hundreds of people behind to sit down and see 'nowt. If you don't approve you can go and see the stewards about it, but of course it's much easier to come on here and whinge.
Whoever Freddie is he jumped in with both feet before he knew anything of the facts, a feature becoming far to common on here.

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

View Posth again, on 25 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

There weren't any children - 'little ones' is the twee version used by childish adults - sat behind me, despite your pathetic attempts to stir things up. What there were were at least 5 rows of adults all standing up, and in front of me at least the same. Do you propose I should sit down and miss the game to suit the agenda of miserable people like you?
I'm the wrong side of 70, but if people in front of me want to stand, then I'll stand up as well, and without whingeing about them and using children to justify my miserable attitude.
Your post is way out of order. If you can't contribute without that sort of stuff you're better not contributing at all.

Really?

#17 User is online   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

We had one of the Derbyshire constabulary blocking the view of the goal at the town end from where I was sat.

Whilest I was not particularly bothered first half he did sit down on the blocked off seats canvas when asked for the second half so fair play to him

This post has been edited by whittman: 25 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

View Posth again, on 25 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Wow..talk about showing your true colours in a post...the mask has slipped!
East stand second class citizen.

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 January 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

Really?

'Fraid so. It's looking like George Clooney puts people off.

#20 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

View Posth again, on 25 January 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

'Fraid so. It's looking like George Clooney puts people off.

It must be!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users