Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Blink And You'd Have Missed It... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blink And You'd Have Missed It... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

https://news.sky.com...ission-11972071

#2 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:40 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 12 April 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

While a positive for the party, this quote is hardly a ringing endorsement of his leadership.

the report concludes there was a lack of "robust processes, systems, training, education and effective line management”

Corbyns leadership has ended, the party has a new leader, a new direction in which to march.

Let it be and move on
A new hope.

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:44 PM

Get behind the new man, and support him.
A new hope.

#4 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

Misnomer - were you posting that as a positive about Labour? or put another way, if a report with that content came out about the Tories, would you take it as a positive?? it strikes me, as a person with no political allegiance, that its pretty damning however you read it....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#5 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:19 PM

the dossier uncovers thousands of private WhatsApp communications between former senior party officials and singles out for criticism some who gave whistleblower evidence to last year's highly-critical BBC Panorama investigation on antisemitism within Labour.

I see that as crucial, as it was aired in the public domain with severe bias.

Ian, I agree, it's not great reading, per se; however, there is not one shred of evidence that points to Corbyn as being anti-Semitic...and that was always my argument.

You get bigots in every party; I think we can agree on that.

Death, for the record, I'm fully behind the new leader.

#6 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:28 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 12 April 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

My interpretation is an(nother) attempt to blame folk who weren't part of the 'cult of Corbyn' for what was at best a blind eye turned towards, and at worst open anti-Semitism.

Okay, it's obvious those seeking to undermine both Labour and it's leader amplified these issues, but when lifelong members and supporters report incident after incident - to the point of quitting in many cases - it's far more than a right wing plot.

So often the accusation when the worst of Corbyn's cronies were called out.

For the record I don't believe Jeremy Corbyn was knowingly anti-Semitic. However I believe his zeal to embrace the Palestinian cause - in fact his zeal to embrace pretty much every perceived 'underdog' - saw it and the line between legitimate condemnation of Israel and/or Jewish individuals all too often crossed.

Add to that a following who met every criticism with mindless exoneration and we had previously staunch Labour communities turning away.

The Tory Party is riddled with Islamophobia. As confirmed by Baroness Warsi to name just one high profile Muslim publicising their concerns. It receives significant support from characters linked to the Putin regime. Which is probably why they still refuse to reveal a report into Russian interference in British politics. It's leader's plumbed the depths of moral depravity in both his personal and political lives. As have all too many of the arrogant and entitled around him.

And of course there's the undeniable UKIP infiltration which has seen it's equally undeniable lurch to the right. Not to mention the shadowy lobby groups and influencors for whom the Number Ten door seems always open.

Perhaps it's naive to air our dirty laundry in public in a manner our opponents rarely do (or maybe are rarely forced to do). Perhaps the principles and ethics so easily eschewed by the Right have long been a hindrance to the Left. Yet if SKS is to restore decency to democracy - shackled every step of the way by a pro millionaire media seeking to blindfold the public - it has to be start in his own ranks...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 13 April 2020 - 07:37 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#7 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 12 April 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

the dossier uncovers thousands of private WhatsApp communications between former senior party officials and singles out for criticism some who gave whistleblower evidence to last year's highly-critical BBC Panorama investigation on antisemitism within Labour.

I see that as crucial, as it was aired in the public domain with severe bias.

Ian, I agree, it's not great reading, per se; however, there is not one shred of evidence that points to Corbyn as being anti-Semitic...and that was always my argument.

You get bigots in every party; I think we can agree on that.

Death, for the record, I'm fully behind the new leader.

Agreed on all that - I think his problem was he couldnt control his own party and when a leader of anything cant control those behind him it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Lets hope the new guy does better. The country needs a strong opposition, and it isnt going to come from anywhere else...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#8 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:34 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 April 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yet if SKS is to restore decency to democracy - shackled every step of the way by a pro millionaire media seeking to blindfold the public - it has to be start in his own ranks...

Chris - you say this alot whilst then posting link after link from the UK media that shows the Tories in a bad light. Yes there are more papers that support the Tories - but most just want to sell copy or get a click and they would question their own parentage if they thought it would help..
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#9 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:59 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 13 April 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Chris - you say this alot whilst then posting link after link from the UK media that shows the Tories in a bad light. Yes there are more papers that support the Tories - but most just want to sell copy or get a click and they would question their own parentage if they thought it would help..

We've a serial liar and adulterer in Number Ten.

We've summat a hundred times worse in the Whitehouse.

Hell, they've even got a climate change denier running Aus'.

And I don't think it's any coincidence they're all supported by billionaire media owners.

The greatest hypocrisy of all, though?

Every paper and station and platform doing so claims to have 'family values'...

#10 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:47 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield said:

1586762896[/url]' post='1514249']
For the record I don't believe Jeremy Corbyn was knowingly anti-Semitic. However I believe his zeal to embrace the Palestinian cause - in fact his zeal to embrace pretty much every perceived 'underdog' - saw it and the line between legitimate condemnation of Israel and/or Jewish individuals all too often crossed.

Add to that a following who met every criticism with mindless exoneration and we had previously staunch Labour communities turning away.

That is an excellent summary. Well done.
A new hope.

#11 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:42 AM

Some of those transcipts from Labour members seemingly unhappy at Corbyns success in the election are mindblowing. What a strange bunch, not someone you'd want as your colleague or friend, let alone enemy.

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

View PostCFC91, on 14 April 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

Some of those transcipts from Labour members seemingly unhappy at Corbyns success in the election are mindblowing. What a strange bunch, not someone you'd want as your colleague or friend, let alone enemy.

I'd once again remind everyone that only one party removed the whip from it's MP's for doing what those taking such measures had done on numerous occasions themselves.

And in't it funny how the same media who always demand moderation from Labour celebrated that mass expulsion of tory moderates...

PS: it's still barely two months since Chancellor Sajid Javid resigned rather than be dictated to by his leader.

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 14 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

#13 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 14 April 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

I'd once again remind everyone that only one party removed the whip from it's MP's for doing what those taking such measures had done on numerous occasions themselves.

And in't it funny how the same media who always demand moderation from Labour celebrated that mass expulsion of tory moderates...

PS: it's still barely two months since Chancellor Sajid Javid resigned rather than be dictated to by his leader.

Th Tories can get away with being such a poor example of how to do things because the opposition are in such disarray.... They (and their supporters) need to stop looking at what is wrong elsewhere and sort their own sh 1 t out, the next election will be around before they know it.... and before they are ready based on previous recent experience....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users