Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

:angry:
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#322 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Must admit to being slightly surprised the Broncos didnt win that one. They were crap first half but the fact they were still in it made me think they would follow the Packers lead and muscle through. Just the decision to make now of whether i stay up to watch my team the Pats take on my mates team in the Colts even though its not kicking off til 11:30pm next Sunday i think it is!! Could be a long day on Monday!

#323 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostJonB, on 12 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Must admit to being slightly surprised the Broncos didnt win that one. They were crap first half but the fact they were still in it made me think they would follow the Packers lead and muscle through. Just the decision to make now of whether i stay up to watch my team the Pats take on my mates team in the Colts even though its not kicking off til 11:30pm next Sunday i think it is!! Could be a long day on Monday!

Payton Manning couldn't get the offense going, even when he eventually found a pass the receiver dropped it. I know the topic of conversation now is whether he should walk away and to be honest for the sake of the Broncos he should. Shame though to go out with such a whimper.

#324 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 12 January 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Payton Manning couldn't get the offense going, even when he eventually found a pass the receiver dropped it. I know the topic of conversation now is whether he should walk away and to be honest for the sake of the Broncos he should. Shame though to go out with such a whimper.

There were more than a few long passes that were no where near searching for something that wasnt there. Be interesting to see where the Broncos go from here...as they were saying on the coverage of the game they've built a fairly expensive getting on a bit team based on trying to win the superbowl whilst Manning is still playing.

#325 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that makes me smile.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

I foresee the Colts reaching Championship games for the next 10 years on the back of a fantastic number one draft pick in 2012. They have probably the weakest division and should seed highly for years to come. It is inevitable that Luck will take them to at least one Superbowl.

However this year, I am thinking it is going to take something special to stop the Hawks now and a half fit Aaron Rogers is not it - even though he proved last night that he is some player. He throws it faster and more accurately than any other QB.

Manning is a stats dream but his decision making last night was well off. Start of the third when he decided to try and throw to Sanders when he had an open field and only needed 5 yards for a first down summed it up. He was over throwing and was not getting much help from Demarius Thomas. I think he will go one more year.

Odds suggest a Pats Hawks SB and I think Glendale will suit the Hawks more considering they play there every season.

#326 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

1 - Yes it was incomplete.

2 - Manning is done.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#327 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostHistoricWarwick, on 12 January 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

I foresee the Colts reaching Championship games for the next 10 years on the back of a fantastic number one draft pick in 2012. They have probably the weakest division and should seed highly for years to come. It is inevitable that Luck will take them to at least one Superbowl.

However this year, I am thinking it is going to take something special to stop the Hawks now and a half fit Aaron Rogers is not it - even though he proved last night that he is some player. He throws it faster and more accurately than any other QB.

Manning is a stats dream but his decision making last night was well off. Start of the third when he decided to try and throw to Sanders when he had an open field and only needed 5 yards for a first down summed it up. He was over throwing and was not getting much help from Demarius Thomas. I think he will go one more year.

Odds suggest a Pats Hawks SB and I think Glendale will suit the Hawks more considering they play there every season.

I was screaming at him to run! I still can't understand why he passed the ball with a clear field ahead of him.
That would've given them a first down and possibly a bit of impetus in the game. The defence eventually turned up, when they did Manning went missing.
I think they'll stick with him for one more year because like it's been mentioned they built the team around him.

#328 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

metallilad,
Manning has apparently had a quad strain for a while now, which may explain his even more reduced mobility.
I think he is done in Denver, he might kick another year out with someone like the texans, but it really looks like the broncos are burning their own house down, Head coach gone, all other coaches told to find new jobs. Cap issues. Very messy out there,

As for my lot, i nearly missed the game heading back south after the Vale game thanks to the M1 being closed 4 cars in front of me at J21, they sent everyone via the m69, i went left via blaby and had a clear run.
I'm not sold on the pats, if they need trick plays and weird line ups to beat our secondary they can't be that good. i'm hoping Chuck pagano lets arthur jones loose on brady next and gets us some payback.

One thing, Jeff Reinebold, i think, is the best analyst either side of the pond. i had a video chat going in game with friends in Maryland and had it pointed at the TV so they could see his bit on why the back judge had messed up for the brady running TD. That's something you just don't see with anyone else. They're probably not even allowed to talk about the refs like that in the US.

#329 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostDenny, on 13 January 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

I'm not sold on the pats, if they need trick plays and weird line ups to beat our secondary they can't be that good. i'm hoping Chuck pagano lets arthur jones loose on brady next and gets us some payback.

We've been a bit hit and miss the last few weeks to be honest scraping through a couple of games and losing one at the end of the normal season. That said they have folk that have been there and won things so the experience will help.

#330 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostJonB, on 13 January 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

We've been a bit hit and miss the last few weeks to be honest scraping through a couple of games and losing one at the end of the normal season. That said they have folk that have been there and won things so the experience will help.

I thought you liked the niners Jon?

#331 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostHistoricWarwick, on 13 January 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

I thought you liked the niners Jon?

Its a bit of a long winded story!! I've sort of followed both as my first NFL experience was a game between the 49ers and the Dolphins at the old Wembley when they had a spell of pre season exhibition games, my uncle worked for an American company and had tickets for the game and a pre game thing somewhere else.

After that i watched it a bit without really getting into it properly until when we started at Manor School a bunch of us would play with a small ball on the tennis courts and i started to get back into it...nd into trouble with my mum for the amount of times i returned home with holes in my school trousers as a result of being sacked whilst playing QB or getting flattened taking a catch as WR\CB! ;) This led to my first proper superbowl watching experience which was the Bears v Pats one that the Bears won at a canter, having not really watched much in years i just picked the Pats to support in that one as i had Bears supporting friends and the Pats were the big underdog in that one plus hadnt done much in terms of supporting the 49ers other than the game at Wembley.

From there i sort of followed both teams results but did made a point of getting into a bar when we had a driving holiday in Boston\Maine a couple of years ago and they were the Monday Night Football game and watched it with some Pats fans but i was always a bit uneasy about saying i was a Pats fan over here as it felt a bit like starting watching football and picking Man U or Chelsea to support due to the success the Pats have had recently.

However when we went down for the Lions\Falcons game we were out in Camden on the Saturday before the game and i was put on the spot by my brother and a mate to pick one from here on in....i refused saying i didnt need to so basically they went through the above and decided the Niners stuff was only a brief link and i picked the Pats back when they werent as good so i should really be a Pats fan instead! I've just sort of gone with it!!

#332 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostJonB, on 13 January 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Its a bit of a long winded story!! I've sort of followed both as my first NFL experience was a game between the 49ers and the Dolphins at the old Wembley when they had a spell of pre season exhibition games, my uncle worked for an American company and had tickets for the game and a pre game thing somewhere else.

After that i watched it a bit without really getting into it properly until when we started at Manor School a bunch of us would play with a small ball on the tennis courts and i started to get back into it...nd into trouble with my mum for the amount of times i returned home with holes in my school trousers as a result of being sacked whilst playing QB or getting flattened taking a catch as WR\CB! ;) This led to my first proper superbowl watching experience which was the Bears v Pats one that the Bears won at a canter, having not really watched much in years i just picked the Pats to support in that one as i had Bears supporting friends and the Pats were the big underdog in that one plus hadnt done much in terms of supporting the 49ers other than the game at Wembley.

From there i sort of followed both teams results but did made a point of getting into a bar when we had a driving holiday in Boston\Maine a couple of years ago and they were the Monday Night Football game and watched it with some Pats fans but i was always a bit uneasy about saying i was a Pats fan over here as it felt a bit like starting watching football and picking Man U or Chelsea to support due to the success the Pats have had recently.

However when we went down for the Lions\Falcons game we were out in Camden on the Saturday before the game and i was put on the spot by my brother and a mate to pick one from here on in....i refused saying i didnt need to so basically they went through the above and decided the Niners stuff was only a brief link and i picked the Pats back when they werent as good so i should really be a Pats fan instead! I've just sort of gone with it!!

Willie Rhodes v Manor would have made a nice bowl game...

I've always been a Browns fan for two simple reasons.

1) Bernie Kosar
2) I like dog biscuits

#333 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

Remember my first ever school football game for Manor and it was away at William Rhodes. Good friend of mine was playing for Rhodes and hit a shot from outside the box after a corner was cleared, i was on the post and headed it off the line and as we joked about it an older Rhodes student who was watching threatened to smack me with his glass bottle if i did it again! Wasnt an overly enjoyable game after that! :blink:

Remember after the majority of us moved up to Chesterfield Boys some lads from another school that had also moved up offered us a game, they kept giving it to some big lad to run and one on one we couldnt stop him so the next time he got it about 7 of us jumped on him and were hanging of him all over the place. He made about 3yds before going down, fumbling then staggering to the side and never played again!

#334 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostJonB, on 13 January 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Remember my first ever school football game for Manor and it was away at William Rhodes. Good friend of mine was playing for Rhodes and hit a shot from outside the box after a corner was cleared, i was on the post and headed it off the line and as we joked about it an older Rhodes student who was watching threatened to smack me with his glass bottle if i did it again! Wasnt an overly enjoyable game after that! :blink:

Remember after the majority of us moved up to Chesterfield Boys some lads from another school that had also moved up offered us a game, they kept giving it to some big lad to run and one on one we couldnt stop him so the next time he got it about 7 of us jumped on him and were hanging of him all over the place. He made about 3yds before going down, fumbling then staggering to the side and never played again!

I left Willie Rhodes after two years to go to Lady Manners.

LM had only just started letting boys play football when I got there. I played in the first game they had at Highfields Matlock I think - lost 5-0 and two of our players got in bother for smoking and giving verbals to their headmaster.

#335 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

I'm edging towards a New England v Seattle Super Bowl this year.
Seattle to win it again.

#336 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

Seattle didn't make a great start first half! Will the TD from the fake FG spark them?!?

#337 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

What a game. WOW!

#338 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#339 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on 19 January 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

UNBELIEVABLE!

TF - just been chatting to my US colleague about it.

The word I would use is crazy. Up until 5min left in the 4th the game was littered with mistakes, poor judgement and Russell Wilson having the worst game of his career. Some of his decision making was madness. Then 5 minutes that show why it is a fantastic game.

Aaron Rogers did nothing wrong and I don't blame Bostick for the fluffed onside. However Clinton Dix on the 2pt doing an impression of a headless chicken summed it up.

The O line making holes for Lynch made the difference and great teams now how to win - even if it is ugly.

Even now I still don't know what to make of it and they must be wondering how on earth they got away with it.

Hoping they beat the Pats but, it is a good Superbowl with the two best teams going toe to toe.

#340 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Seattle were dead and buried for all but 2 and a bit mins of regular time but were helped by Green Bay making some bizarre decisions second half as they just tried to hold on to what they had. They will also rue not getting more out of being in the red zone twice and only getting 6pts early in the first quarter.

The short guy on the Sky coverage whose name i have forgotten slated the Packers for the way they dealt with the onside kick....didnt line up right to start with then the guy that dropped it shouldnt have been going for the ball and should have done his job of blocking to allow Nelson to catch it which is what he was in there to do.

Even after taking the lead with so little time left the Seahawks were probably annoyed to let the Packers get up the field so easily to allow the field goal to tie it.

Pats\Colts was just a complete one sided affair...you suspected it would be a long night for the Colts the moment Cribbs opted to head the punt instead of trying to catch it!

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users