Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: is it all set up perfectly - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

is it all set up perfectly

#41 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

View Posthewittfan, on Apr 24 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

Of course it's better, but it can still represent failure. If last season we finished 8th and this season we end up 9th then that is a failure to match (let alone improve) our league position relative to our competitors.

In that senario were down to spliting hairs then.
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on Apr 24 2009, 08:01 AM, said:

Very true H, fishcake is usually this messageboards benchmark for spineless drivel about the chairman and manager, his only purpose on here is solely entertainment value.

And what exactly is your purpose on the board?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#43 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

View Posthewittfan, on Apr 24 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

Of course it's better, but it can still represent failure. If last season we finished 8th and this season we end up 9th then that is a failure to match (let alone improve) our league position relative to our competitors.

Did Mr Hubbard state that the target was play offs as a minimum and didn't he set this target at the start of the season? I ask this question because I believe it to be true but can't find the reference and really can't be bothered to spend any more time looking for it. If I'm wrong fair enough but assuming I'm not dreaming if we fail to reach the play offs we've failed. It really is that simple.

Last season saw fierce competition from the likes of Peterborough and MK Dons who I would assess as bigger than us with more spending power. This season sides of that size were not evident in the league and surely most of us would agree that we must be one of the bigger teams with one of the better budget? Two of the teams relegated from the Division above, which one may assume would be challenging for honours, started off with point deductions, as did Rotherham who I consider a strong team (as much as we hate to admit it). Despite these huge advantages followed up by a points deduction for Darlington, another strong competitor, we look like we're still going to miss out on the target that was set. This being the case we've failed again. Any claims that we were better than last year, we got more points than last year, scored more goals etc etc are a poor 'smoke and mirrors' affect to the reality that we failed to reach our target. We can dress it up any way we want, we can blame bad luck, bad referees, injuries, the wind, whatever we want, but other teams suffer these too.

If we do achieve the play offs, a situation which isn't in our hands any more, then this is all irrelevant anyway. But if we do miss out I sincerely hope Mr Hubbard or whoever the investor is sacks Rico as he will have failed to achieve the goal twice in two years.

#44 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

View Posth again, on Apr 23 2009, 01:28 PM, said:

I learned to distrust those with 'agendas' since I figured out what yours was.

As for defending the indefensible, it's a matter of trying to give the bloke a fair chance and providing a counter argument to the closed minds who can only see the worst in everything and everybody.

Sound familiar?

You didn't.

You would have had him sacked before Xmas. Worm your way out of that one.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 24 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

#45 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostDoughnut, on Apr 24 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

Did Mr Hubbard state that the target was play offs as a minimum and didn't he set this target at the start of the season? I ask this question because I believe it to be true but can't find the reference and really can't be bothered to spend any more time looking for it. If I'm wrong fair enough but assuming I'm not dreaming if we fail to reach the play offs we've failed. It really is that simple.

Last season saw fierce competition from the likes of Peterborough and MK Dons who I would assess as bigger than us with more spending power. This season sides of that size were not evident in the league and surely most of us would agree that we must be one of the bigger teams with one of the better budget? Two of the teams relegated from the Division above, which one may assume would be challenging for honours, started off with point deductions, as did Rotherham who I consider a strong team (as much as we hate to admit it). Despite these huge advantages followed up by a points deduction for Darlington, another strong competitor, we look like we're still going to miss out on the target that was set. This being the case we've failed again. Any claims that we were better than last year, we got more points than last year, scored more goals etc etc are a poor 'smoke and mirrors' affect to the reality that we failed to reach our target. We can dress it up any way we want, we can blame bad luck, bad referees, injuries, the wind, whatever we want, but other teams suffer these too.

If we do achieve the play offs, a situation which isn't in our hands any more, then this is all irrelevant anyway. But if we do miss out I sincerely hope Mr Hubbard or whoever the investor is sacks Rico as he will have failed to achieve the goal twice in two years.

Not just this season but the last one as well 'anything less than promotion will be failure' Probally why Rico is still here hubbard has always rewarded failure, that or he can't be ar5ed to interveiw

View Postfrearsghost, on Apr 24 2009, 07:57 PM, said:

You didn't.

He'll deny he said it, don't get onto him too much though he try to get you banned. Loves the mods does our H
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#46 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on Apr 24 2009, 07:57 PM, said:

You didn't.

You really are getting rather pathetic. We've improved drastically since Christmas, or hadn't you noticed.

Try again.

#47 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

View Posth again, on Apr 24 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

You really are getting rather pathetic. We've improved drastically since Christmas, or hadn't you noticed.

Try again.

Answer the question.

Is wanting him out by Xmas giving him a fair chance?
A new hope.

#48 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

View Postfishini, on Apr 24 2009, 08:06 PM, said:

He'll deny he said it, don't get onto him too much though he try to get you banned. Loves the mods does our H

Funny, when the subject of the court jester reporting you to the mods came up, he claimed it was a complete lie......then he makes a statement saying he did the very thing, but justifying it on mental health grounds???????

He deserves EVERY bit of stick he obviously enjoys getting. A total jerk who always comes back for more.
A new hope.

#49 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on Apr 24 2009, 09:15 AM, said:

Definitely no. Just outside the playoffs has got to be better than hovering just above the relegation zone. It represents a good effort by the club. Jusatbecause The Millers would have been above us doesn't enforce your position at all.

You must be very easy to please if not being in a relegation scrap to avoid the non league is good enough.
A new hope.

#50 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

View Posth again, on Apr 24 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

Try again.

We did improve but you miss the point which was to condemn your, oh so pious reproach of others for denying him the opportunity you yourself denied him.

#51 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

[quote name='frearsghost' date='Apr 25 2009, 01:10 PM' post='331806']
We did improve but you miss the point which was to condemn your, oh so pious reproach of others for denying him the opportunity you yourself denied him.
[/quote....

....and in addition I suppose your going to bore us all summer with a 'Rico has been misunderstood' routine or; have you finally seen sense enough to admit, for once, that you were wrong and he is, in fact, a manager whose been unable to deliver success' [despite all his qualifications you so admire and the critcisms of 'ignorant' fans who you simply dismiss as 'the men in the stand'. (excepting yourself of course - the font of all wisdom.)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users