Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Unbelievable Truth - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unbelievable Truth Martin Allen

#1 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

Speaking to a mate of mine last night who went to renew his season ticket with his lad yesterday and was greeted by the Manager who shook him warmly by the hand and thanked him for his support and promised that he would bring back the good times to our beloved club.

Some may think its not a big thing and talk is cheap etc etc, however lets just remember this.....

As fans we have endured one of the most torrid times in our recent history. Succesive relegations and now in the abyss of Non League. Totaly miss managment of the club on and off the pitch, fans arguing with each other, turning on the players and the Directors. The Proact has turned into a cauldren of hate and people (quite rightly) have said enough is enough and voted with their feet. They have backed and backed the club only to see it let the supporters down over and over. To top it all we now find ourselves putting in places such as Eastleigh and Barrow in the satnavs for the season ahead.

We should now be at a point where most of us are disinfranchised with CFC and who could blame us.

However

Step forward Martin Allen who in a short space of time has begun to build more bridges between supporters than anybody before him. His no nonsense approach and connection with the fans has brought a real sense of optimism (anybody who was at the meet the manager evening will agree) to the place. He really is just what we needed. His Take Care catchphrase has already earnt a cult following.

I have bben surprised even at this stage with the Season ticket sales and if we get 2000 plus that will be a really good effort.

How much of this is down to Allen ? Well thats for you to decide, but all I know is this.

To say whats gone on here and the fact we are a Non League Club I thought this season would be my lowest ever supporting CFC. However Allen has breathed life into me and others and if he can start to get results I can see real momentum gathering and maybe just maybe a swift return to the promised land of League Football once more.

Whatever I would like to say Thank you Martin Allen for making me smile again

Oh and TAKE CARE

#2 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 27 June 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Speaking to a mate of mine last night who went to renew his season ticket with his lad yesterday and was greeted by the Manager who shook him warmly by the hand and thanked him for his support and promised that he would bring back the good times to our beloved club.

Some may think its not a big thing and talk is cheap etc etc, however lets just remember this.....

As fans we have endured one of the most torrid times in our recent history. Succesive relegations and now in the abyss of Non League. Totaly miss managment of the club on and off the pitch, fans arguing with each other, turning on the players and the Directors. The Proact has turned into a cauldren of hate and people (quite rightly) have said enough is enough and voted with their feet. They have backed and backed the club only to see it let the supporters down over and over. To top it all we now find ourselves putting in places such as Eastleigh and Barrow in the satnavs for the season ahead.

We should now be at a point where most of us are disinfranchised with CFC and who could blame us.

However

Step forward Martin Allen who in a short space of time has begun to build more bridges between supporters than anybody before him. His no nonsense approach and connection with the fans has brought a real sense of optimism (anybody who was at the meet the manager evening will agree) to the place. He really is just what we needed. His Take Care catchphrase has already earnt a cult following.

I have bben surprised even at this stage with the Season ticket sales and if we get 2000 plus that will be a really good effort.

How much of this is down to Allen ? Well thats for you to decide, but all I know is this.

To say whats gone on here and the fact we are a Non League Club I thought this season would be my lowest ever supporting CFC. However Allen has breathed life into me and others and if he can start to get results I can see real momentum gathering and maybe just maybe a swift return to the promised land of League Football once more.

Oh and TAKE CARE

You want to go steady coming on here with a positive ‘time to move on’ attitude. It won’t go down well.....
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#3 User is offline   Andrews 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

2000 season tickets sold just announced

#4 User is online   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

However

Oh and TAKE CARE

Green un. People's champion

#5 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Great post
However it is without doubt the lowest ever supporting CFC. OK we get knocked out but no league cup. Fixtures not out yet. Qualifying for fa cup going into the fa trophy all depressing.

This post has been edited by martatcross: 27 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#6 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostAndrews, on 27 June 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Excellent news.

And, there is still today, tomorrow, Friday & Saturday for more to be sold.

#7 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

I still struggle to match the persona presented at the Proact with his record of longevity as a manager of any one club. Despite 13 appointments, he has only held onto one office as long as the ‘disloyal’ Paul Cook did here.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts when things are not going all his way.

#8 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

However

Oh and TAKE CARE

I had said I wouldn't have a season ticket this year. In fact at the end of last season I threw my season ticket in the bin. However I was swayed by my nagging sister as well as the positive noises from Martin Allen, and then yesterday my sister and I went down to renew our tickets and were asked if we'd like a chat with the manager. How could we turn that opportunity down. He was open and honest, and left us in no doubt that it would be tough to get out. I asked why he'd come here and his answer was simple, "This is a massive club" he said, "I mean really big, the supporters are fantastic and are better than many sides in the championship. When you came to Barnet I kept thinking how much I'd like to be a part of it."
He didn't have many good words to say about some of the players who have left and was waiting for a call about an in coming player which had him quite excited, or would do if we got him. I was impressed. Hopefully Carson will keep his mouth shut now and we can start to enjoy some football again - even if it is in a league we don't want to be in

#9 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

However

Oh and TAKE CARE

The only thing I find surprising about your post is that you have any mates.

#10 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

View PostRadders, on 27 June 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

I had said I wouldn't have a season ticket this year. In fact at the end of last season I threw my season ticket in the bin. However I was swayed by my nagging sister as well as the positive noises from Martin Allen, and then yesterday my sister and I went down to renew our tickets and were asked if we'd like a chat with the manager. How could we turn that opportunity down. He was open and honest, and left us in no doubt that it would be tough to get out. I asked why he'd come here and his answer was simple, "This is a massive club" he said, "I mean really big, the supporters are fantastic and are better than many sides in the championship. When you came to Barnet I kept thinking how much I'd like to be a part of it."
He didn't have many good words to say about some of the players who have left and was waiting for a call about an in coming player which had him quite excited, or would do if we got him. I was impressed. Hopefully Carson will keep his mouth shut now and we can start to enjoy some football again - even if it is in a league we don't want to be in

We said we weren't renewing but mate changed his mind last week and I've done it in solidarity... nothing to do with MA but his appointment gives some hope for a good season.

#11 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

At the end of the day had we not appointed someone like him, the writing would have been on the wall.

Sadly, I have heard it all before from previous managers, seen their same smiley faces heard all the promises etc etc.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter, how many hands he shakes, how many promises he makes, how many good players he signs an how good he makes everyone feel, if he doesn't win enough football matches to get us promoted, he will have failed.

Lets see if everyone feels the same by Xmas shall we?

Martin, I really hope you are the messiah this club needs, because the good people of Chesterfield deserve far more from this Football Club than they have got in the last few years, in fact this Club owes the fans a good season, lets hope this season is it, an the hype is lived up to.!?

Hoare (400)

#12 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostAndrews, on 27 June 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

If it was 3400 last season 60% have renewed. If it gets to 2380 by close of play on Saturday that will be 70% and very good in all the circumstances.

#13 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

I think we can safely predict the final ST total for renewals (plus small number of newbies) will be 2/3 of last season possibly 3/4

#14 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

Martin, I really hope you are the messiah this club needs, because the good people of Chesterfield deserve far more from this Football Club than they have got in the last few years, in fact this Club owes the fans a good season, lets hope this season is it, an the hype is lived up to.!?

Bet they say that at Wrexham, Orient, Hartlepool just to name a few

This post has been edited by martatcross: 27 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#15 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 June 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Excellent news.

And, there is still today, tomorrow, Friday & Saturday for more to be sold.

And Ashley will be there to welcome you.
God I hate this league.

#16 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostRadders, on 27 June 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

I knew that you would. I know you better than you know yourself, Mr R :P

#17 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 27 June 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

I think we can safely predict the final ST total for renewals (plus small number of newbies) will be 2/3 of last season possibly 3/4

So, which one are you "safely" predicting?

#18 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

two thirds

#19 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:34 PM

View PostHoare (400), on 27 June 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

At the end of the day had we not appointed someone like him, the writing would have been on the wall.

Sadly, I have heard it all before from previous managers, seen their same smiley faces heard all the promises etc etc.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter, how many hands he shakes, how many promises he makes, how many good players he signs an how good he makes everyone feel, if he doesn't win enough football matches to get us promoted, he will have failed.

Lets see if everyone feels the same by Xmas shall we?

So you’ll buy a season ticket if it looks like going well but would defer if f not? Hmmmm.

Hoare (400)

YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#20 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

While Allen is pratting about behind the scenes, I wont be having a season ticket full stop.

Hoare (400)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users