• You cannot reply to this topic

Rosy tinted brigade

#21 User is offline   manc_spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

fishini, on Jun 15 2005, 10:58 PM, said:

never said I know but I said IMO, but I'm sorry I have a severe lack of trust in our board no evidence but they keep to much from the supporters for my liking, but if you want to believe all they tell you then thats your prerogative
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hang on, they told us they are trying to sign a player

as far as we are aware, they haven't signed him yet (presumably we'd know THAT)

what MORE information would you like from the club?
"we're still trying to sign the same player"?

as for what i believe, i believe we are trying to sign said player, and i will continue to do so, until we either sign him, or we are told that the bid failed

transfers don't happen overnight, even if the club does have needy supporters who have to be told every little minute detail about what is going on, and when they don't hear it, immediately start to rant about how the club is a failure, and witholding information

#22 User is offline   Spireite_UK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 15 2005, 09:58 PM, said:

Well I will tell you where I was fish,

I was in the board room at the club tonight trying my best to think of ways to help the club offering what little time I have, for what?  for people like you to enjoy having targets to aim your snide remarks at.

Someone said I should go for a seat on the Board of CFSS.. not in your wildest dreams would I put myself at the hands of morons who have nothing better to do but slagg off the club and EVERYONE concerned with in it...

Rose tinted specs....  boring phrase, get a life.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best post I've read on here in ages that.

#23 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 15 2005, 10:58 PM, said:

I was in the board room at the club tonight trying my best to think of ways to help the club offering what little time I have, for what?  for people like you to enjoy having targets to aim your snide remarks at.

Someone said I should go for a seat on the Board of CFSS.. not in your wildest dreams would I put myself at the hands of morons who have nothing better to do but slagg off the club and EVERYONE concerned with in it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you get to sit at the big table?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#24 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:04 PM

azul, on Jun 16 2005, 12:50 AM, said:

did you get to sit at the big table?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you fuss yourself after writibg that as well.

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#25 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

There Fishini goes again...

#26 User is offline   Forza CFC! 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Spired, on Jun 16 2005, 09:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

There Fishini goes again...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahahahahahahahaha!

Great pic!

#27 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

Now you are talkin idiotic a 98 mile round trip for a home game.

I make a 230 mile round trip!!! Whats that make me?

#28 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done Mark, what a super hero you are, anybody would think that people have never done anything before for this club, like walking the Pembrokeshire coast, arranging 10 mile sponsored walks, having stalls at medieval market day, 7 mad men travelling to every ground in the country, sporting dinners with Jack Charlton and Gordon Banks etc.. People knocking on doors in every inch of North Derbyshire to get signatures so their season ticket money could be used so the ground could be upgraded,, counting coppers in the office till the cows come home to pay Mike Pollitt's wages whilst most of the CFSS board sit back and watch, or even get paid through grants for invented positions within the society and club (like community liason officer, roles not seen advertised for in the real world so we ensure we get a qualified experieinced man for the job)! making sure they take their free tickets for the away games (and friends, ask Spireloz) .

On the subject of the ground, people are bound to be sceptical, worried that we will be screwed once again, lets face it our board are Norton's sidekicks and they have a track record of cocking up on ground relocation, the only secure piece of land we have, not open to a Sissons type of businessman is Saltergate, we should and still should upgrade our ancestral home now and move forward, and don't start the crap about generating money, if Saltergate is done right we would generate money significantly more than we do now and if we market it properly the ptotential to generate as much as a new stadium based on it's close location to the Town Centre.

Good luck Mark, enjoy Chatsworth, you are an incredible breed, CFSS have managed to grind most supporters into the ground but you show incredible resillience, keep up the good work.

#29 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

monte, on Jun 16 2005, 10:25 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking similar, it's 98 miles from my door to saltergate, which make's me Idiotic X2, the extra 34 miles you do must push you off into pure insanity!

#30 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jonesy, you're so one-sided. You never miss an opportunity to pass 'snide remarks' at anyone not sharing your point of view. They're dismissed as being critical. You started this thread with one of your 'us and them' type leads, and could quite reasonably be accused of seeking to stir up trouble. If you want to apportion blame, and take your customary moral high ground, try looking in the mirror.

#31 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:58 AM

I was thinking similar, it's 98 miles from my door to saltergate, which make's me Idiotic X2, the extra 34 miles you do must push you off into pure insanity!

Yeah, especially if the 42 is chocker!!!

#32 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

monte, on Jun 16 2005, 10:25 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only one answer to that Monte tell your dad and grandad to come back home.

#33 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:07 AM

lol, yeah!!

But then I'd have to travel further to work lol

I quite like it, makes a match a whole day event, leave at 10.30-11.00 get to town for 12.00-13.00 depending on traffic. Get some eats go round town, go to match get back home at 6.30ish and then to the pub!!

Gr8 stuff!!

#34 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

monte, on Jun 16 2005, 11:07 AM, said:

lol, yeah!!

But then I'd have to travel further to work lol

I quite like it, makes a match a whole day event, leave at 10.30-11.00 get to town for 12.00-13.00 depending on traffic. Get some eats go round town, go to match get back home at 6.30ish and then to the pub!!

Gr8 stuff!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hats off to you mate you go on the kop ?.

#35 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

nah, I'd like to but me dad had a bad knee and i dont think my grandad would be able to stand for 2 hours!

#36 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:23 AM

SALTERGATE

Now that is the best post to be put on here for a while!!

I take your personal dig on the chin as you have every right to do it and good for you.

Take no notice of Majorca Mac or whatever his name is at this present time. I do not in any way believe I am more worthy than anyone else, I most certainly do not consider myself to be a super hero. I have nothing but respect for those people who go out and give up their time for the benefit of the club, so in all seriousness I take my hat off to you, (whoever you are) because without folk like you we wouldn't have a club (see my article on CFSS web site).

I get accused of being one sided and scared to criticise. Firstly, I may come across as being one sided but I assure you I am not, this ties in with my degrading failure to criticise I suppose. You could call it a personal trait, it may be right, it may be wrong but the way I see it is that I am not in a position to criticise something I know nothing about. If I were to criticise the way Fish or majorca mac do their daily job I would be laughed at, why because I do not have the first clue what they do on a daily basis, as they have no clue what I do. If Fish was to criticise my work and what I do and achieve without actually knowing what I do I would consider it silly. I have no dealings whatsoever with Barrie Hubbard or anyone else, I dont sit in his office and watch what he does, I dont listen to every phone call he makes or read every letter he writes so what is there for me to criticise? If, at the end of the day the Dema deal falls through and its his fault or if he releases a statement saying what he is doing and I dont think its right then I will criticise as much as the next man but until that happens I cant.

Just to go back to your "super hero" comment, I dont consider myself any better than anyone else. There are people who devote more time and do more for the club than I have or ever will do, there are also others who dont. Take Fish for instance, he is always going on about the hours he works and that he has no time to attend meetings etc. We are all aware what he was doing last night whilst the volunteer meeting was going ahead. This busy man was sat in front of his PC having a dig at everyman and his dog, There were people there who also work there were people there who dont work, a mixture of folk from different backgrounds all there for the same aim.

I have nothing but admiration for anyone who does anything for the club from the bucket collectors to the shirt buyers. However, in my view, buying a couple of season tickets and a shirt, rattling a few buckets or running a stall doesnt make anyone an expert in running a club, its a bit more complicated than that and I have no experience or knowledge on how its done.

If people say the board are doing something wrong, all I have ever asked is what they base their opinions on. Up to now none of these people have managed to convince me they have anything concrete or know more than I do. So I will continue to air my views and so should fishini and majorca mac et al. But I reserve the right to disagree with their assumptions as they should mine.

#37 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

too right, the idea of a forum is debate, if everyone agrees it makes for poor reading!

I personally think we should redevelop Saltergate, but the club want to move, fair doos if we can keep getting high season ticket sales then all I can say is lets buy the land now, and wait a year or two until we've saved up a bit then start building.

If we decide against the site, then the land could be sold off, the way land and property prices are going they couldnt make a loss could they

#38 User is offline   Chris_CFC 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

SALTERGATE, on Jun 16 2005, 09:45 AM, said:

Well done Mark, what a super hero you are, anybody would think that people have never done anything before for this club, like walking the Pembrokeshire coast, arranging 10 mile sponsored walks, having stalls at medieval market day, 7 mad men travelling to every ground in the country, sporting dinners with Jack Charlton and Gordon Banks etc.. People knocking on doors in every inch of North Derbyshire to get signatures so their season ticket money could be used so the ground could be upgraded,, counting coppers in the office till the cows come home to pay Mike Pollitt's wages whilst most of the CFSS board sit back and watch, or even get paid through grants for invented positions within the society and club (like community liason officer, roles not seen advertised for in the real world so we ensure we get a qualified experieinced man for the job)! making sure they take their free tickets for the away games (and friends, ask Spireloz) .

On the subject of the ground, people are bound to be sceptical, worried that we will be screwed once again, lets face it our board are Norton's sidekicks and they have a track record of cocking up on ground relocation, the only secure piece of land we have, not open to a Sissons type of businessman is Saltergate, we should and still should upgrade our ancestral home now and move forward, and don't start the crap about generating money, if Saltergate is done right we would generate money significantly more than we do now and if we market it properly the ptotential to generate as much as a new stadium based on it's close location to the Town Centre.

Good luck Mark, enjoy Chatsworth, you are an incredible breed, CFSS have managed to grind most supporters into the ground but you show incredible resillience, keep up the good work.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can`t recall Mark ever decrying others` efforts or saying he was `superfan`. As for some of those who did the things above, yes, fantastic efforts, but where are they now?
Agree about the ground though.
Do I look like a ****ing Jukebox?

#39 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

Mark Jones, on Jun 16 2005, 10:23 AM, said:

SALTERGATE

Now that is the best post to be put on here for a while!!

I take your personal dig on the chin as you have every right to do it and good for you.

Take no notice of Majorca Mac or whatever his name is at this present time.  I do not in any way believe I am more worthy than anyone else, I most certainly do not consider myself to be a super hero.  I have nothing but respect for those people who go out and give up their time for the benefit of the club, so in all seriousness I take my hat off to you, (whoever you are) because without folk like you we wouldn't have a club (see my article on CFSS web site).

I get accused of being one sided and scared to criticise.  Firstly, I may come across as being one sided but I assure you I am not, this ties in with my degrading failure to criticise I suppose.  You could call it a personal trait, it may be right, it may be wrong but the way I see it is that I am not in a position to criticise something I know nothing about.  If I were to criticise the way Fish or majorca mac do their daily job I would be laughed at, why because I do not have the first clue what they do on a daily basis, as they have no clue what I do.  If Fish was to criticise my work and what I do and achieve without actually knowing what I do I would consider it silly.  I have no dealings whatsoever with Barrie Hubbard or anyone else, I dont sit in his office and watch what he does, I dont listen to every phone call he makes or read every letter he writes so what is there for me to criticise?  If, at the end of the day the Dema deal falls through and its his fault or if he releases a statement saying what he is doing and I dont think its right then I will criticise as much as the next man but until that happens I cant.

Just to go back to your "super hero" comment, I dont consider myself any better than anyone else.  There are people who devote more time and do more for the club than I have or ever will do, there are also others who dont.  Take Fish for instance, he is always going on about the hours he works and that he has no time to attend meetings etc.  We are all aware what he was doing last night whilst the volunteer meeting was going ahead.  This busy man was sat in front of his PC having a dig at everyman and his dog, There were people there who also work there were people there who dont work, a mixture of folk from different backgrounds all there for the same aim.

I have nothing but admiration for anyone who does anything for the club from the bucket collectors to the shirt buyers. However, in my view, buying a couple of season tickets and a shirt, rattling a few buckets or running a stall doesnt make anyone an expert in running a club, its a bit more complicated than that and I have no experience or knowledge on how its done.

If people say the board are doing something wrong, all I have ever asked is what they base their opinions on.  Up to now none of these people have managed to convince me they have anything concrete or know more than I do.  So I will continue to air my views and so should fishini and majorca mac et al.  But I reserve the right to disagree with their assumptions as they should mine.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never seek to criticise the unpaid work that you and others do. I applaud your efforts. As you rightly say, we'd be even deeper in the mire without it. My criticism is rare, and expressed only when I believe it is warranted. It tends to be directed at individuals in the position to make monumentally important decisions, and who display attributes that make myself and many others question their ability to do so.

I genuinely feel the cosy set up now in existence up St Margaret's Drive, admittedly borne out of fear of rocking the boat and prompting the providers of our 'friendly' loans to up sticks taking their bats and balls home, is most unhealthy.

As you now state a willingness to accept that myself and others may from time to time disagree with your assumptions, does that mean you will no longer see such disagreement as some form of personal attack? I sincerely hope so.

Debate is healthy, and you will rarely see concrete evidence to support 'opinions' from either end of the half empty/half full scale. With the occasional, begrudging scraps of information we are fed, there will always be a risk of adding two and two together and coming up with five - whichever side of the fence you sit.

We must all accept that the ground issue is extremely emotive. It will polarise opinions right up until it we're finally marking out the pitch (and doubtless way beyond).

#40 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

The set up we have is far from perfect, we have three separate organisations, we have CFC we have CFSS and we have the supporters.

For this club to survive we need all of them. CFC saved the club without doubt after CFSS took over the reigns. CFSS were not, are not, nor ever will be capable of running this football club alone. The supporters whilst ploughing their money into the club are not nor ever will be capable of running a football club. The problem we have with the fans is they think they own the club and they think they should have a say in how its run. The fans had and still do have their chance to make a difference but it wont happen.

All we have as supporters and as members of CFSS to hang on to is the presence of Barrie Hubbard and co because without them its the end as there is no-one else to take over, or should I say capable of taking over should they pull the plug. The threat will always be there and yes the personlities are difficult to control and talk to, but it works both ways. The CFC board need CFSS and CFSS need CFC. What both need is the support of the supporters. Its a catch 22. we all need each other.

What has to happen is the building of a mutal trust between the three and an acceptance that whatever we may feel personally, all three parties have one aim and that is to work hard to keep the club going but more importantly work hard to give us a future. What we are experienceing at the moment is a feeling that each party has a different idea on how things should be done which is and has, created ill feeling. Everyone knows best and everyone wants things done how they see it.

What I believe, and this probably comes from having a military background, is that we need a strong leader who doesnt bow to everyone or try to please everyone, we need someone to take things by the scruff of the neck and march forward. I think we have that in Barrie Hubbard. He is not perfect, none of us are, his PR skills leave a lot to be desired and if he were to improve on this I think we would all see him for what he is. In the meantime, he is a bully, he is arrogant he does not suffer fools gladly and as we stand now, as a club, in my view he is exactly what we need.

What we dont need is someone who tries to please everyone, someone who will bow and scrape everytime a supporter demands it or give in to agents demands for extortionate fees.

BBB (Big Bad Bazza) is not perfect, neither is the set up of the club but we get by, we plod on and we have made progress on and off the field and for that we have CFC, CFSS and the supporters to thank.

What I suggest is we take heed of what Roy Mac said last season when we were hitting a rough patch. We close ranks, F*** the rest of em, the bookies have wrote us off already, do you think BBB will wave the white flag? I dont, I think he will stick up two fingers like we all should.

So to summerise:

Yes I agree the setup we have is unhealthy, it could all end in tears, if the board of CFC walk we are fcuked, if CFSS collapses we are fcked, if the supporters stop supporting its the end.

But what we do have is better than nothing so lets try to compromise, close ranks, and get on with it.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users