• You cannot reply to this topic

Sally Swain

#61 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 28 March 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Someone who appears to have come in by some route other than through a connection to Ashley Carson, which is to be welcomed.

On a serious note, I wonder if Sally was offered this post in exchange for a lump sum and a pay cut?. It's a good way to relieve an employee's stress.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#62 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

Someone who appears to have come in by some route other than through a connection to Ashley Carson, which is to be welcomed.

For me, this appointment is "yeah, but..." based on this:

Areas of responsibility previously under Sally’s remit will now be split between Nigel and other remaining members of staff

So Nigel could be walking all over buried bodies and be none the wiser (good for whom exactly?) and the remaining members of staff could be unknowingly moved into the position of the next scapegoats.

Cynical - moi? Certainly not...

#63 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 28 March 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hmmm.. makes a bit of a mockery of the whole “redundancy”

#64 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Reading what his remit was at the Derbyshire FA I hope he doesn't find any locked closets!
East stand second class citizen.

#65 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:03 AM

Yes and my experience of Nigil, he doesn't suffer fools gladly (this could be a test).
It will be interesting to see if this role clashes with his duties as a football league "assistant referee"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#66 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 28 March 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Reading what his remit was at the Derbyshire FA I hope he doesn't find any locked closets!

Given his 'left-field' appointment (in that he'e definitely not one of the in-crowd) one has to wonder whether his appointment was the clubs decision?

#67 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

Another position available at the Club...

There is a vacancy for a conference & banqueting manager at the Proact Stadium.

Reporting to the chief executive, the conference & banqueting manager will be responsible for the day to day running of all conference and banqueting events held at the stadium.

Main duties include the following:

To comply with all statutory and and company regulations relating to Health & Safety, hygiene, conduct of employees, fire emergency procedures, security of premises and of property.

To be fully conversant with Liquor Licensing Laws and Regulations and ensure that there is no breach of these laws by bar staff.

To assist with staff training and development and to encourage them to up-sell food and beverage and to continuously monitor and check standards of work and correct when necessary.

To meet with the organisers of conferences, banquets and weddings and to ensure customer satisfaction.

To ensure that all meeting rooms are always clean and tidy and set up to the required specification.

To complete weekly rotas, timesheets and forecasts on time, passing relevant information to personnel.

To undertake any other duties that you may be reasonably requested to do.

A detailed job description is available on application.

To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV to Michael Dunford, chief executive, via email or post.

Email: michaeldunford@chesterfield-fc.co.uk

Postal address: Michael Dunford, chief executive, Chesterfield FC, Proact Stadium, 1866 Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 8NZ.

The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, April 13.

https://www.chesterf...ueting-manager/

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 29 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#68 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 29 March 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Reporting to the chief executive, the conference & banqueting manager will be responsible for the day to day running of all conference and banqueting events held at the stadium.

To comply with all statutory and and company regulations relating to Health & Safety, hygiene, conduct of employees, fire emergency procedures, security of premises and of property.

To be fully conversant with Liquor Licensing Laws and Regulations and ensure that there is no breach of these laws by bar staff.

To assist with staff training and development and to encourage them to up-sell food and beverage and to continuously monitor and check standards of work and correct when necessary.

To meet with the organisers of conferences, banquets and weddings and to ensure customer satisfaction.

To ensure that all meeting rooms are always clean and tidy and set up to the required specification.

To complete weekly rotas, timesheets and forecasts on time, passing relevant information to personnel.

To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV to Michael Dunford, chief executive, via email or post.

Postal address: Michael Dunford, chief executive, Chesterfield FC, Proact Stadium, 1866 Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 8NZ.

The revolving door on Sheffield Road continues
The pride of Derbyshire

#69 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 29 March 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Wasnt that post recently filled though?

#70 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

We used to have a C&B Manager with a background in the leisure industry, many years' experience, numerous contacts, proven to've turned a very healthy profit and a lifelong Town fan to boot.

However 'the Club' decided to get rid of him. For what he maintained were spurious reasons. And at significant cost.

But hey - his name's now just one on a long, long list to which such allegations might be applied...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 29 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#71 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 29 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

We used to have a C&B Manager with a background in the leisure industry, many years' experience, numerous contacts, proven to've turned a very healthy profit and a lifelong Town fan to boot.

However 'the Club' decided to get rid of him. For what he maintained were spurious reasons. And at significant cost.

But hey - his name's now just one on a long, long list to which such allegations might be applied...

All this is way beyond coincidence, you have to wonder what the end game is in the bigger scheme of things, and yet still creepy crawlies want to attach themselves..shame on them.

#72 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 March 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

On a serious note, I wonder if Sally was offered this post in exchange for a lump sum and a pay cut?. It's a good way to relieve an employee's stress.

I wonder what position Sally woUld like given the choice

#73 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 24 March 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

you think shed bend over backwards to keep a job title :blush:

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 28 March 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

only for bondage

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 29 March 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I wonder what position Sally woUld like given the choice

Please stop. These "contributions" are neither funny nor of value.

#74 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 29 March 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Careful. 'Blue Roan Lily' will pop up and randomly accuse another poster of bullying.
These go to eleven.

#75 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

Apologies, negged by accident when meant to agree.

#76 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

I agree, not really legal either and certainly against the forum guidelines, yellow card given

#77 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:44 AM

View Postwhittman, on 29 March 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Wasnt that post recently filled though?

The post was made ‘redundant’ back in August last year- https://www.chesterf...nges-announced/

#78 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 29 March 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Given his 'left-field' appointment (in that he'e definitely not one of the in-crowd) one has to wonder whether his appointment was the clubs decision?

Are you suggesting he could have been 'imposed' by the FA? His interview on iPlayer should be interesting. Do you happen to know if/where the position was advertised?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#79 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

If my information is correct I am told that Nigel Smith (Sally Swains replacement) is a very good friend of Steve Coe and that SC may have been instrumental in his employment, I am also informed that the representatives of CFC in the boardroom today are Mike Warner (Director), John Croot (Director), Steve Coe (??), Nigel Smith (??)

:ninja:
ReBorn Spireite

#80 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

I kinda know this Nige Smith. He's an ex-Willy Rhodes lad like me. I also know he's done well for himself in refereeing and has been to plenty of Town games.

So not just another Carson crony, then. And has no links to any player agency.

However I'm not sure what County Operations Manager for the Derbyshire FA actually means. I've looked on their website and it's not very clear. Was it a voluntary role? Was it relatively 'high flying'? Does it qualify someone for a key position at a professional football club?

Bearing in mind we've already witnessed a bloke who's only background was running a kids' set-up allowed to stick his nose deep into the CFC Academy.

Apparently the newly arrived Smith in joining that bloke, alongside the Chairman and John Croot, as Town representatives in the 'Vale Boardroom today. We can only hope their approach there is a damn sight more professional than some of the stuff happening at the Proact.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users