• You cannot reply to this topic

Footy Scran

#61 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2023 - 09:35 AM

View PostHumpalumpa, on 16 July 2023 - 07:04 PM, said:

Town getting absolutely 'battered' on the Footy Scran site over the offerings and prices on the concourses from yesterday.

Well deserved IMO

£5 for that burger, +50p for a slice of cheese !!

https://twitter.com/...575203334664192

Vile that is. I remember just prior to covid we had a new menu put up that had pizza and all sorts on it. Actually brought us into the 21st century and it never got implemented. We then reverted back to this.

#62 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 09:58 AM

View PostJonB, on 17 July 2023 - 09:28 AM, said:

In the away end....think its cheaper in the home end but only 50p i think.

That in my opinion is a disgrace too. Don’t know why we do it, I’d say it’s beyond cheeky.

We can’t charge different prices for the same view in the stadium, so we shouldn’t charge different prices for the catering. But that’s a debate for another day and a long way down the list of things we could improve on the catering side

#63 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 10:02 AM

View PostJonB, on 17 July 2023 - 08:35 AM, said:

Playing devils advocate a bit yes its good etc but in terms of numbers they are averaging 900 folk at games then its probably less than half that are eating at the game so all of a sudden its just a few hundred burgers so a whole different level to what we would need to cater for. Do they do them in house or is it folk coming in to do them that the club get no profit from bar possibly a fee for being on site? Not sure how feasible with the number\age\capability of staff we have serving it would be to have them cooking and serving this up. Not sure how feasible it is to cook this ahead of time, there is potentially an element of cooking to order.

The Alty option is far more doable as its easier to have a big pots of peas and gravy along with chips cooked ready to go and then it just needs a decent pie option which we did have when the ground first opened and we should\could look to get back to as thats an easy win.

You’re right it’s on a different scale, but Stockport, Bradford, etc isn’t. They’ve all done it for crowds bigger than ours. Most seem to be outsourcing it / putting it out to tender but it could work. Like others have said, we let people out to smoke, no reason why we couldn’t let people out for food, would also solve the queues for beers, snacks etc on the concourses (maybe not on the East stand sadly as that’s a different issue)

Hopefully this public battering we are taking will filter into the club and they might take a look at things.

Bare minimum no reason why we couldn’t offer pie peas chips and gravy or chips with whatever. Etc. Cook it in the main kitchens and bring it onto the concourses, sure we’ve got plenty of hot plates/ovens etc to keep everything warm

#64 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 10:14 AM

View PostCFC91, on 17 July 2023 - 10:02 AM, said:

You’re right it’s on a different scale, but Stockport, Bradford, etc isn’t. They’ve all done it for crowds bigger than ours. Most seem to be outsourcing it / putting it out to tender but it could work. Like others have said, we let people out to smoke, no reason why we couldn’t let people out for food, would also solve the queues for beers, snacks etc on the concourses (maybe not on the East stand sadly as that’s a different issue)

Hopefully this public battering we are taking will filter into the club and they might take a look at things.

Bare minimum no reason why we couldn’t offer pie peas chips and gravy or chips with whatever. Etc. Cook it in the main kitchens and bring it onto the concourses, sure we’ve got plenty of hot plates/ovens etc to keep everything warm

Outsourcing is the easy win, take a flat fee for the contract and leave someone else to deal with the food and staffing. One less thing to worry about and if there are complaints about the offering then its the contractor to sort it.

#65 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 10:34 AM

I'll stick to the Tup, but be ever grateful for the use of the latrines
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#66 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 10:52 AM

Aren't the ovens (I use that term loosely, meaning the warm cabinets they keep them in during the games) still owned by Jackons and 'loaned' by the club?

I recall Kev Fitzgerald looking to move us to Pukka back in the day only realise the cost of replacing the Jacksons ovens outweighed any savings he was 'making' (and being bonus'd on!)?

#67 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:14 AM

Bolsover Artisan market is happening in a few weeks, I’ll check out what they’ve got n see if there’s anyone suitable for the club catering
Let me in!

#68 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:15 AM

Fat pig bbq would clean up on match days.
A rate decent brownie stall/van I think would do well.
Here we go again!

#69 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:40 AM

I think the price of food will factor in some peoples thoughts.
Couple of weeks ago town centre hosted The Peddlers Market with food stalls. Great atmosphere but the food - as good as it was - was very pricey and a bit of a wait.
Depending of the vendor and what they are offering food and price wise - it could bomb.
It would have to be a well thought out thing of what type of food vendor to bring in and also the vendor thinking what they can cook in bulk and serve quickly

#70 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:47 AM

View Postdanblue, on 17 July 2023 - 11:40 AM, said:

I think the price of food will factor in some peoples thoughts.
Couple of weeks ago town centre hosted The Peddlers Market with food stalls. Great atmosphere but the food - as good as it was - was very pricey and a bit of a wait.
Depending of the vendor and what they are offering food and price wise - it could bomb.
It would have to be a well thought out thing of what type of food vendor to bring in and also the vendor thinking what they can cook in bulk and serve quickly

Similar experience when we were at Hyde Park for the Springsteen concert the other week. There were numerous food options and all looked good but they were all a bit of a wait. We opted for a pizza option for lunch and after ordering i was asked to come back 10\15mins later to collect. Whilst that was fine there as it was a still a fair wait til any music started it wouldnt really work at a football match if folk rolled up 10/15mins before kick off or at half time.

#71 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:56 AM

View PostTrigger, on 17 July 2023 - 11:15 AM, said:

Fat pig bbq would clean up on match days.
A rate decent brownie stall/van I think would do well.

Good shout! I had that at the festival under the castle last year.....AMAZING...think they charged a fiver for a burger & it was immense

#72 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:04 PM

I've been to Wednesday a few times (free of course) & the food options on the concourse are superb....we should a tip from them...there is fried chicken, chips, chinese, curry, pizza, proper burgers, hot dogs

We do really need to think outside the box and improve the customer experience at CFC for food & drinks

* Put queuing barriers in place to create a queue system
* Variety of food choices
* They have created more drink choices...but kids don't alcohol!! they want nice food
* Another thing is to put the TV's on the wall not on the centre...it creates ridiculous jams in foot fall - having against the wall people will move to one side to watch & create more moving traffic

They deffo need to improve, it's quite embarrassing...i've started to bypass the concourse now & go straight to my seat because i can't be bothered queuing & the food is crap

#73 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:13 PM

Do they do any healthy options to the standard burger/hotdog muck?

#74 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:20 PM

The food has always been horrific since we moved. Personally i dont mind the pies (if you get them on a good day and they haven't been cooked within an inch of their life). It's yet again another thing which seems to be subpar. I know from conversations around where my ST is, people have actually got ill from eating the food on the concourse. It's ridiculously overpriced also, for a beer and a burger £11.. The club seem to be reluctant to do anything about it. Along with the media out put on match days and through the week on social media, the food joins that list of sub standard and if im being honest the worst in the league. needs addressing and quick.

#75 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:37 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1689596004[/url]' post='1755451']

Yeh, Forest Green away 😆
Let me in!

#76 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:51 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 17 July 2023 - 12:37 PM, said:

Yeh, Forest Green away 😆

Vegan isn’t necessarily healthy!

#77 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:58 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 17 July 2023 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yeah, you can just have the cob 😋

#78 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 17 July 2023 - 01:07 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1689598278[/url]' post='1755465']
Vegan isn't necessarily healthy!

No, I wouldn’t touch it either, I’ve not met many healthy vegans, I’ve often found em to be quite a boring bunch as well lol.

I don’t think people go to football for healthy food anyway.

The best we could probably get as a health food option would be to order a load of filled cobs (from a decent sandwich makers) and offer the salad option.

It wouldn’t interest me mind but I suppose some people might buy em once they’ve run out of ham or cheese.
Let me in!

#79 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 01:45 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 17 July 2023 - 01:07 PM, said:

No, I wouldn’t touch it either, I’ve not met many healthy vegans, I’ve often found em to be quite a boring bunch as well lol.

I don’t think people go to football for healthy food anyway.

The best we could probably get as a health food option would be to order a load of filled cobs (from a decent sandwich makers) and offer the salad option.

It wouldn’t interest me mind but I suppose some people might buy em once they’ve run out of ham or cheese.

Or maybe they can have lunch at home and hopefully last 2 hours or so before dinner.

#80 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 01:47 PM

View PostJonB, on 17 July 2023 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think part of the issue is staff to serve it all...last season there were continual posts on social media from the club advertising how they needed staff to work in the concourse areas and sadly a few hours every other week generally is hardly an enticing job prospect. Think it was said they used agency staff to get extra folk in for the Bromley semi final game along with additional stewarding which is something else they keep advertising for.

While ever they are short on staff its going to be a struggle to serve anything more than the usual sort of stuff although that doesnt change the fact that the pies, burgers etc could be better quality. I suppose the only way you can vary it is to offer up the option for street food type businesses to pay a fixed fee to be on site for games but then you are losing out on the takings etc but the flip side is you dont have the costs for the food etc.

If we outsourced the catering the surely staffing would be provided by the company not the club, problem solved?
Onwards & Upwards!

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users