• You cannot reply to this topic

Jpt Groupings

#21 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

View Postrichyspireite, on 31 July 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Some people need to get a grip and stop acting like glory hunting premiership clubs showing no effort in domestic cups. Yeah it puts a risk to league form but there is something special about advancing through a cup right down to Sunday League as people that play will know it. And what does the fall in Wembley following matter, all that goes to show is the amount of fake fans that wanted a slice of i was there and was a massive Chesterfield fan for one day only and went it comes to the less glamorous ties of Morcambe or Dag & Red at home, it's back to no interest, never going to go type of fans we don't need

Read Westbar's post a few up. The club has apparently made next to nowt out of the JPT run because all the money has been handed to the players in bonuses. I am not the only fan who thought appearing at Wembley was a big money-spinner for the club. If it had been maybe we would have a new striker by now. As for fans all are welcome. Even if they are fickle the extra money they bring in helps the club.

#22 User is offline   richyspireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Understand your views chum and it's a shame because that just smacks of mismanagement if a cup final ends up costing a club and as fans we shouldn't suffer and not wanting one through fear of the harm it could cause. A cup final and Wembley visit for your own club, stays with you regardless as a football fan so i would always want that in any competition we enter
Fletcher - Show us your guns!!!![font=Impact][color=#000099][size=7]

#23 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

View Postrichyspireite, on 31 July 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Some people need to get a grip and stop acting like glory hunting premiership clubs showing no effort in domestic cups

Some people also need to get a grip and stop being so negative and depressing. Households of such posters must be a right bag of laughs!

Even 16,000 turning up suggests it's more than a novelty for over 10,000 fans.

#24 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 31 July 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

In the unlikely event of a repeat this coming season the numbers would likely be the same again. The issue is the bonus structure that we'd concocted as it should have made the club a decent wedge.

I doubt it would, I suspect there would be another significant drop (and even more debt?)
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Surely the bonus structure has been rewritten for this season. We probably handed out half a million quid last season with the title and Wembley.

#26 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Pretty sure you can't rewrite people's contracts. Let's just hope we don't get promoted again, we'll be down to a squad of 12 players ....

#27 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 03 August 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Pretty sure you can't rewrite people's contracts. Let's just hope we don't get promoted again, we'll be down to a squad of 12 players ....

Hopefully we'll get a decent run in one of the major cups, prefeerably the FA Cup.

Our turn for a 3rd/4th round home tie against a premiership team and TV bucks or a mega team away, that would go down nice and surely we haven't hawked that potential profit

#28 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 August 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Surely the bonus structure has been rewritten for this season. We probably handed out half a million quid last season with the title and Wembley.

If true the creator of the bonus payments may be the creator of the debt resulting from last season's success. I imagined player bonus payments would be a low percentage of profits the club made (like a profit sharing reward) as opposed to the majority of the profit, or a fixed sum. I doubt this will ever be explained.

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 August 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I,m struggling to understand what,s wrong with using the jpt money to pay for jpt bonuses and championship bonuses and any other bonuses that may have been paid. If we had been knocked out of the jpt the championship bonuses would still have been due. Nobody has claimed that the jpt money was only sufficient to pay jpt bonuses. If we pay out half a million quid this year folk will be orgasmici
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#30 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

View Postdim view, on 03 August 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

I,m struggling to understand what,s wrong with using the jpt money to pay for jpt bonuses and championship bonuses and any other bonuses that may have been paid. If we had been knocked out of the jpt the championship bonuses would still have been due. Nobody has claimed that the jpt money was only sufficient to pay jpt bonuses. If we pay out half a million quid this year folk will be orgasmici

The waters are so muddy now I can't remember how that assertion came about

Probably came from the leaked PM and some of CT's mumblings

Anyway if we needed the JPT run to pay for our league success, then that is as just as bad as if our JPT earnings went on JPT specific bonus paymens

No matter how you view it, if the bonus payment story is anywhere near true it is a debacle

#31 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 31 July 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

In the unlikely event of a repeat this coming season the numbers would likely be the same again. The issue is the bonus structure that we'd concocted as it should have made the club a decent wedge.

unlike contracts, the bonus structures are agreed each pre season. If, as has been suggested, they got the sums wrong last season they can be changed this.

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostXerxes, on 04 August 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

unlike contracts, the bonus structures are agreed each pre season. If, as has been suggested, they got the sums wrong last season they can be changed this.

That's my understanding on bonuses.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users