Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Biggs-Morsy Staying!! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biggs-Morsy Staying!!

#121 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostGoku, on 02 September 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Do you not understand the concept of being unable to inform people of the exact state of play straight away? Mr. Biggs did the same. I ruled out three players people were worried about losing and now I've told you who has suffered the injury and roughly what the injury is (not that I'm looking for plaudits or anything).

Yes I absolutely understand that concept, sadly you and your source don't understand the concept of the club not wanting to release any information until the medical team have had chance to assess the injury properly, at which point they can issue a proper statement stating who it is, what they've done and if appropriate how long that player will be out.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#122 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 02 September 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yes I absolutely understand that concept, sadly you and your source don't understand the concept of the club not wanting to release any information until the medical team have had chance to assess the injury properly, at which point they can issue a proper statement stating who it is, what they've done and if appropriate how long that player will be out.

Can't help thinking the person giving out the original teaser was thinking about the old joke about how to release information gradually- 'your cat won't come down from the roof'.

#123 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Way of the world now in this digital age.....folk want to know whats going off all the time and can found out through official and unofficial channels on loads of different platforms. I suspect the club dont really care whats being said on twitter or here currently and will just announce their official details of the issue when they are ready.

#124 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

I like keeping my fellow fans in the loop :) I don't think the club really give a toss if we find out a bit earlier

This post has been edited by Goku: 02 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

#125 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostJonB, on 02 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Way of the world now in this digital age.....folk want to know whats going off all the time and can found out through official and unofficial channels on loads of different platforms. I suspect the club dont really care whats being said on twitter or here currently and will just announce their official details of the issue when they are ready.

If they wanted it public they probably would have announced he was off for a scan. I'd have thought it was common curtesy to the player concerned to announce things properly rather than by and was speculating some vague tweet by some hack

We'd probably better not knowing anything until the full facts are out. It's not like it happened during a competive game where everyone had seen it
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#126 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

View Postazul, on 02 September 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

If they wanted it public they probably would have announced he was off for a scan. I'd have thought it was common curtesy to the player concerned to announce things properly rather than by and was speculating some vague tweet by some hack

We'd probably better not knowing anything until the full facts are out. It's not like it happened during a competive game where everyone had seen it

They will announce it when they are ready and thats fine...but its not going to stop local reporters and fans speculating about news on various platforms. Way of the modern world whether you like it or not.

#127 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 02 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

I suggest thinking before calling people a bell end.

Tried to DM you but your box is full

I suggest thinking before you post lies in another thread, the one you so conveniently are failing to reply to, I didn't call you a bell end you are making yourself look one.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#128 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostJonB, on 02 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

They will announce it when they are ready and thats fine...but its not going to stop local reporters and fans speculating about news on various platforms. Way of the modern world whether you like it or not.

Imagine if it happened at Carrington (Manchester United's training complex). There would have been Sky reporters reporting live on SSN. There would have been little that the club could have done to stop news getting out; the world's sports press would have been all over the story.

#129 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostJonB, on 02 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Fans speculating is one thing, reporters making vague tweets is another

Regarding the modern world and its social media, has our man with his finger on the pulse of CFC got any transfer dealings right this summer? Maybe Ryan?

If not he should spend less time bickering with his twitter mates

#130 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

View Postazul, on 02 September 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Fans speculating is one thing, reporters making vague tweets is another

Regarding the modern world and its social media, has our man with his finger on the pulse of CFC got any transfer dealings right this summer? Maybe Ryan?

If not he should spend less time bickering with his twitter mates

How do we know he has been wrong? How do we know, for example Wigan weren't nibbling at us for Clucas? Preston for Darikwa? I suspect he hasn't been far off what has been happening most of the time.

#131 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 02 September 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

How do we know he has been wrong? How do we know, for example Wigan weren't nibbling at us for Clucas? Preston for Darikwa? I suspect he hasn't been far off what has been happening most of the time.

Maybe they were, we'll never know. All we know is he never mentioned the correct clubs and more importantly to the best of my knowledge not a sausage about the 4 incomings.

As for not being far off, he got Cook and Roberts to Portsmouth (I think?) along with 5000 others

#132 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostGoku, on 02 September 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I like keeping my fellow fans in the loop :) I don't think the club really give a toss if we find out a bit earlier

I'm sure they don't, I'm equally sure they get wazzed off with these little half stories that get spread about causing tittle tattle and speculation.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#133 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 02 September 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm sure they don't, I'm equally sure they get wazzed off with these little half stories that get spread about causing tittle tattle and speculation.

I agree. Biggs puts out yet another half-story. Clearly the club wanted to wait for a full analysis before announcing the situation with the player, but clearly Biggs is a bit of 'needy' type, wanting impress by being the first to announce partial news. Has he helped the club, I'd suggest not, has it informed the fans? No, just led pages of speculation. I wish he would just leave CFC matters alone and crawl off back to Sheff and impress the needy muppets there! He's no fan of the club, no matter what he says, he's just another 'needy' hack. Clear off!

#134 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostSham Pain, on 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

I agree. Biggs puts out yet another half-story. Clearly the club wanted to wait for a full analysis before announcing the situation with the player, but clearly Biggs is a bit of 'needy' type, wanting impress by being the first to announce partial news. Has he helped the club, I'd suggest not, has it informed the fans? No, just led pages of speculation. I wish he would just leave CFC matters alone and crawl off back to Sheff and impress the needy muppets there! He's no fan of the club, no matter what he says, he's just another 'needy' hack. Clear off!

Don't mention Calum Greaves then, our latest youth signing. Clearly the club are biding their time, until we are all in the right mood to receive such 'delicate' information. Meanwhile Hallam FC fans are made of sterner stuff, as the story headlines their website.

#135 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 02 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

I suggest thinking before calling people a bell end.

Tried to DM you but your box is full

Fancy sending me a DM too of an explaination? Also the rest who are awaiting a response?
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#136 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 02 September 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

editing response cos I dunno if you're on about Biggs, me or both of us.

This post has been edited by Goku: 02 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

#137 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:49 PM

Is Biggs-Morsy like the Higgs-Boson?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#138 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 02 September 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

Don't mention Calum Greaves then, our latest youth signing. Clearly the club are biding their time, until we are all in the right mood to receive such 'delicate' information. Meanwhile Hallam FC fans are made of sterner stuff, as the story headlines their website.

Nice one 'Alan' 😉

#139 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 02 September 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Is Biggs-Morsy like the Higgs-Boson?

Only a small particle !

#140 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostSham Pain, on 02 September 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users