Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: And Still It Goes On! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (87 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And Still It Goes On! Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:21 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 24 July 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

Bob Dylan once wrote "When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose".

That's why these poor people risk everything to get to the west.

And please, can we stop peddling lies about them being handed lives of luxury upon arrival? Sure it's luxury compared to where they've come from, but they're usually placed into processing centres which're little more than prisons.

For every warped, Hopkins-esque trope about them fleecing us taxpayers, there's a genuine story of the misery they face.

Hell, it's only a couple of months since this country, one with a laudable record of offering sanctuary to the desperate, was found guilty of breaching human rights in detention camps.

And don't give me any more myths about us being swamped by immigrants - we actually take a fraction of countries like Germany and France.

Then what happened to "Taking control of our borders"? What happened to Scammer promises of Brexit meaning some sort of end to these latter day boat people? It's still only a few short years since Farage stood on the White Cliffs of Dover declaring as much whilst the absurd Anne Widdecombe got in everyone's way when showing up on the French coast.

'Leave' voters must be absolutely furious at being so blatantly conned.

Or maybe not.

There's the equally blatant hypocrisy of the same vultures demanding we all but 'let 'em drown' demanding we slash foreign aid, too. The tiny percentage of our national wealth spent on alleviating issues at source withdrawn whilst billions vanishes into the pockets of tory cronies. You have to be either mouth gapingly stupid or wilfully ignorant not to understand that simple connexion.

Nah, since the first homo sapiens ventured out of Africa folk've sought better lives. The modern world is infinitely more complicated given climate change - summat else those occupying the Trumpian Venn diagram nexus instantly forget - poverty and political persecution. So for all the Right's demonisation to deflect from their corruption - moral and financial - human beings will always cross borders.

Yet instead of working with our neighbours to address that fact the latest in a decade of governments pandering to the selfish in society eschews such cooperation.

Leading to the utterly ridiculous scenario of those who said the EU could "whistle" for any money paying them tens of millions...

Lives of luxury? I never said luxury, that's your interpretation. However, please show evidence to the contrary of what I wrote and I'll show you real evidence of what I said.

Beyond that...got nothin? Come on. Why here; why this country?

#82 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:42 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 24 July 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

Bob Dylan once wrote "When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose".

That's why these poor people risk everything to get to the west.

And please, can we stop peddling lies about them being handed lives of luxury upon arrival? Sure it's luxury compared to where they've come from, but they're usually placed into processing centres which're little more than prisons.

Sorry to be pernickerty, but the 'ain't got nothin' line has to be an exaggeration. Who is paying the traffickers? Either the travellers have the cash or somebody else is funding the seats on the boats. My understanding is that each seat costs a vast amount, relatively speaking. So, either the travellers are stashing cash on their bodies during the perilous journey, wherever that began, or they are acquiring cash during their migration.

My sad conclusion is that the people who are really destitute and in desperate need of help from any country on the planet are not figuring in this synopsis. They are way down the pecking order.

I'm a John Lennon man myself. Why has anybody got more of a right to live on a piece of land than anybody else?

This post has been edited by dim view: 24 July 2021 - 07:45 PM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#83 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 09:10 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 July 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Sorry to be pernickerty, but the 'ain't got nothin' line has to be an exaggeration. Who is paying the traffickers? Either the travellers have the cash or somebody else is funding the seats on the boats. My understanding is that each seat costs a vast amount, relatively speaking. So, either the travellers are stashing cash on their bodies during the perilous journey, wherever that began, or they are acquiring cash during their migration.

My sad conclusion is that the people who are really destitute and in desperate need of help from any country on the planet are not figuring in this synopsis. They are way down the pecking order.

I'm a John Lennon man myself. Why has anybody got more of a right to live on a piece of land than anybody else?

Well said. They are that destitute, that they can afford a place on a dingy that cost thousands of pounds/dollars/Euros. Weird 🤔

#84 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:58 PM

They are economic migrants

Want ******** back to where they came from

View PostMisnomer, on 24 July 2021 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well said. They are that destitute, that they can afford a place on a dingy that cost thousands of pounds/dollars/Euros. Weird 🤔

Bizarre they don’t go to Decathalon and buy their own dingy
JRID

#85 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:54 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 July 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

Lives of luxury? I never said luxury, that's your interpretation. However, please show evidence to the contrary of what I wrote and I'll show you real evidence of what I said.

Beyond that...got nothin? Come on. Why here; why this country?

You said: "Still, be rate; it's only our taxes that are paying for their 4/5* hotel experience, three meals a day, free mobile phone, Sky TV, trips around the country, etc.".

A clear and obvious inference these migrants are being pampered.

It's there, post 68, for everyone to see.

So why try to now deny it? Look, pal, as with your 'knee' and racism stuff at least have the guts to own what you post.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#86 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2021 - 04:00 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 July 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Not pernickety Dave, a very valid point.

What we've often seen are the middle classes of stricken states making these journeys, professionals with summat to offer the society that embraces them.

Your post also underlines the madness of cutting the aid which alleviates - admittedly in a minor manner - the issue at source.

Pretty sure I've heard a calculation that every pound spent abroad pays a dividend here.

As for the wider question - why here? - I too am puzzled.

I mean, ten years of increasingly hostile posturing, just as long cutting benefits, five years of promises 'taking back control' would address the problem and only this year the UK found guilty of breaking human rights in detention centres, yet...

Hey, y'don't think we've been lied to...do you?

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 25 July 2021 - 04:05 PM

#87 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:46 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 July 2021 - 04:00 PM, said:

Not pernickety Dave, a very valid point.

What we've often seen are the middle classes of stricken states making these journeys, professionals with summat to offer the society that embraces them.

Your post also underlines the madness of cutting the aid which alleviates - admittedly in a minor manner - the issue at source.

Pretty sure I've heard a calculation that every pound spent abroad pays a dividend here.

As for the wider question - why here? - I too am puzzled.

I mean, ten years of increasingly hostile posturing, just as long cutting benefits, five years of promises 'taking back control' would address the problem and only this year the UK found guilty of breaking human rights in detention centres, yet...

Hey, y'don't think we've been lied to...do you?

I do yep, and I think Patel is the Conservative's Jack Straw. Out of her depth. Incapable of owning the Brief.

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown on Jeremy Vine thinks that the answer to 'why here?' is that wider family members are already here. That raises the obvious possibility that those family members are funding the migration, including the last leg. If she's right then I think its perfectly legitimate to call them economic migrants.

But what we need is information. Feedback. Data. I can't believe that any of these migrants would not be cooperative and yet Patel doesn't have clue.
I also cannot believe that it is so difficult to infiltrate the gangs. Relatively speaking, it should be a piece of pxxx.

I wonder if she needs an Advisor?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#88 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:57 PM

Could Hull be the latest town to be haunted by a grooming gang cover up?
http://news.sky.com/...busers-12476202
East stand second class citizen.

#89 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:12 AM

Yet another example of a disappointing police response. Politics hampering the police
A new hope.

#90 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:08 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2021 - 11:57 PM, said:

Could Hull be the latest town to be haunted by a grooming gang cover up?
http://news.sky.com/...busers-12476202

Question is, where isn't... always the same tribe of folk. Maybe they were overlooked by Yorkshire CC.

#91 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:39 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 November 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

Question is, where isn't... always the same tribe of folk. Maybe they were overlooked by Yorkshire CC.

"Same tribe of folk"?

"Same TRIBE of folk"!?

So which "tribe's" that, then - the Sioux? Zulu? Cossacks?

Or might we deem Catholic priests a 'tribe' in this context?

But hey, as long as they're wearing England shirts I guess you're cool with 'em...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 24 November 2021 - 05:52 PM

#92 User is offline   Wanderer 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:14 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 14 May 2021 - 05:53 AM, said:

Errr, wow.

Where did that come from.

Thought my point and target were pretty clear - our friend 'S&D' (with whom I fundamentally disagree without the insults, by the way) gets his knickers into all sorts of knots about young women being used and abused by Muslim men.

Quite rightly so we might argue, however he's also happy to see kids drown in the Channel, go hungry for want of a Rashford campaign or suffer all manner of misery - perhaps at the hands of Muslim men - which the foreign aid he demands be cut may, just possibly, address.

It's another example of the xenophobia/racism/Islamophobia/hypocrisy for which he's renown. Perhaps your fury would be better aimed at that?

Kids or others don’t need to to take risks in crossing the Channel they could stay in France. Why do they want to come here? Because they know they will get handouts here paid for by the British tax payer.. Why do you think we have housing problems and the NHS is under pressure.

#93 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:35 PM

View PostWanderer, on 24 November 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

Kids or others don’t need to to take risks in crossing the Channel they could stay in France. Why do they want to come here? Because they know they will get handouts here paid for by the British tax payer.. Why do you think we have housing problems and the NHS is under pressure.

We take far fewer migrants than many other countries.

There're housing shortages because nowhere near enough affordable ones are being built.

The National Health Service is under pressure because of a decade of underinvestment.

#94 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:48 PM

They won’t stay in France because France treat them like second class citizens for a reason, they make them live is squalid camps with little food and water, then persecute them and move them on to other camps. They do this to force their hand to try to get to the UK. Why don’t the French house them in hotels or provide more permanent accommodation, give them financial aid, mobile phones, food and water?
“The treatment of migrants in Calais is an international disgrace”..the words of a spokesperson who thinks we should take more and show our decent side on Sky news right now.
But I thought France was a country many on here thought beyond reproach?

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 24 November 2021 - 06:51 PM

#95 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:13 PM

Last few posts on the wrong thread really, this is about the abhorrently disgusting grooming gangs that appear to exist in far more Northern towns than many of us realise.

#96 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:05 PM

or maybe they set off to get here because their folks worked as interpreters for us in Afghan. And maybe they were told by us not to travel to Kabul airport but to travel to neighbouring countries and to get to the UK from there. And maybe they did flee the Taliban and get safely to a neighbouring country. And maybe they didn't find the UK representatives there in that country to help them. And so maybe they took the difficult decision to pay criminals to get them to the UK. And maybe that's how they ended up on the overcrowded boat.

anyway mate, a very Merry Christmas to you too.

#97 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:09 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 24 November 2021 - 08:05 PM, said:

or maybe they set off to get here because their folks worked as interpreters for us in Afghan. And maybe they were told by us not to travel to Kabul airport but to travel to neighbouring countries and to get to the UK from there. And maybe they did flee the Taliban and get safely to a neighbouring country. And maybe they didn't find the UK representatives there in that country to help them. And so maybe they took the difficult decision to pay criminals to get them to the UK. And maybe that's how they ended up on the overcrowded boat.

anyway mate, a very Merry Christmas to you too.

Which is why we need proper processing centres to sort out the deserved ones rather than let all and sundry to these shores and once they’re here never to leave.

#98 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:10 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 24 November 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

"Same tribe of folk"?

"Same TRIBE of folk"!?

So which "tribe's" that, then - the Sioux? Zulu? Cossacks?

Or might we deem Catholic priests a 'tribe' in this context?

But hey, as long as they're wearing England shirts I guess you're cool with 'em...

Yes, Christopher; those pesky racist Muslim blokes. You know the ones.... Rotherham, Rochdale, Sheffield, Bradford, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Dewsbury, Telford, Glasgow, London...and many more. Bit of a pattern to it 🤔

Thousands, yes, THOUSANDS of girls raped, trafficked and abused. Although, being so 'right on' ✊🏻 you might not have joined the dots, yet.

#99 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:14 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 November 2021 - 08:09 PM, said:

Which is why we need proper processing centres to sort out the deserved ones rather than let all and sundry to these shores and once they’re here never to leave.

Do you not think they have processing centres? What do you think happens when they arrive....?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#100 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:24 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 November 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

And you wonder why people think your unhinged and racist?
Only ever post this usual sort of stuff- utter s***

Share this topic:

• (87 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users