• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sam Hird

#1 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:09 PM

does anyone have any info on his recovery from injury? due to our desperate situation last season he was forced to play until he could no longer. clearly our team needs a leader, an organiser, someone who can sense danger, read the game, so if he is anything like it would be an option staring us in the face. if is a big word I know but if fit I will argue he is better than any of our current centre backs, he is better than any of our current defensive mids and better than any of our current right backs (sorry drew).

#2 User is offline   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 29 September 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

does anyone have any info on his recovery from injury? due to our desperate situation last season he was forced to play until he could no longer. clearly our team needs a leader, an organiser, someone who can sense danger, read the game, so if he is anything like it would be an option staring us in the face. if is a big word I know but if fit I will argue he is better than any of our current centre backs, he is better than any of our current defensive mids and better than any of our current right backs (sorry drew).

Get him back ASAP- a true professional, might teach this shower how to be professional footballers

#3 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

He wouldn’t teach anybody anything, Martin Allen would see to that
#StopGoing

#4 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 29 September 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

Get him back ASAP- a true professional, might teach this shower how to be professional footballers

If he is such a teacher how come when injured last year he didn't do so with the defence last season when we finished 9 points clear bottom in the whole football league?

#5 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:45 AM

He’s such a talent that he hasn’t got a club at the end of September.

Let’s get him back ASAP, never mind the fact he hasn’t played a competitive game in ten months.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#6 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:09 AM

If he is fit, we should at least try and bring him back on a short term contract, we dont have a leader in the Club.
lindave

#7 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

jack bauer said:

1538262591[/url]' post='1421731']

Probably a season too far now for Sam. He had a couple of serious injuries while with CFC, isn’t getting any younger and hasn’t played for a very long time.

Good player in his day, very good reader of the game etc, but his best days are behind him I fear.

We need to be looking for the new Charlie Raglan, Jon Nolan,or even Ollie Banks who’d walk into this side and came from lower down.

Younger lads, wanting to progress from our level or lower not looking back at past glories.
A new hope.

#8 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostDEATH, on 30 September 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Probably a season too far now for Sam. He had a couple of serious injuries while with CFC, isn’t getting any younger and hasn’t played for a very long time.

Good player in his day, very good reader of the game etc, but his best days are behind him I fear.

We need to be looking for the new Charlie Raglan, Jon Nolan,or even Ollie Banks who’d walk into this side and came from lower down.

Younger lads, wanting to progress from our level or lower not looking back at past glories.

Can't disagree with that. We seem to have far to many thirties and over who aren't that eager to prove anything to anyone.

If we're going the old boy route though you might ask if Nathan Smith is over the injury that finished him at Yeovil and Shola Ameobi is looking for a club too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users