Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Mk Match Thread (Part 3) - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mk Match Thread (Part 3)

#141 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Great highlights from the FL, does show that the 2nd yellow for the MK player was a little harsh..

#142 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 04 March 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Great highlights from the FL, does show that the 2nd yellow for the MK player was a little harsh..

Thoroughly deserved for the other 2 he got away with.
God I hate this league.

#143 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 04 March 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Totally deserved a yellow for that. Shocking challenge by an experienced (admittedly past it and not the fastest) pro, blatantly no intention to play the ball and the usual arms up in the arm I'm innocent ref shytte. I say shocking because he knew that block could have hurt his opponent, full marks to the ref

#144 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 04 March 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Its the nutmeg that gets me - you could see it better on the Sky Sports news goals this morning. Absolutely kills McFadzean (I think) before a lovely slot home. I watched it about 10 times on the spin this morning!

The whole move from the pressing and stealing of the ball (who was that?) and everything Roberts did was great, particularly the way he shaped his body to hit right and dummied it into the space opened up on the left in the strike on goal - he bamboozled everyone!

View PostSpire-Power, on 04 March 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Totally deserved a yellow for that. Shocking challenge by an experienced (admittedly past it and not the fastest) pro, blatantly no intention to play the ball and the usual arms up in the arm I'm innocent ref shytte. I say shocking because he knew that block could have hurt his opponent, full marks to the ref

Correct - at least a yellow.
頑張れ日本!!!

#145 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 05 March 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

The whole move from the pressing and stealing of the ball (who was that?) and everything Roberts did was great, particularly the way he shaped his body to hit right and dummied it into the space opened up on the left in the strike on goal - he bamboozled everyone!

Clucas i think...

#146 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

How deserted that stadium looks on the footage. Awful sight. Sounds a bit empty too

View PostJonB, on 05 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Clucas i think...

Yes his defensive experience seems to have paid dividends there

#147 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 05 March 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

The bloke is sheer class, can't stop watching the turn
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#148 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostJonB, on 05 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Clucas i think...

Did the same Saturday for the 3rd too didn't he?
Here we go again!

#149 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

Encouraging impartial report from their local rag:

http://www.miltonkey...efeat-1-6612295

#150 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 05 March 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Fair report but Roberts goal was hardly a gift, the defender was robbed by clucas and Roberts made an opening completely by himself

#151 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

That report made mcfadzean sound totally sheet.
Here we go again!

#152 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 05 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

That report made mcfadzean sound totally sheet.

He was solid at our place

#153 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Toby is mates with our own Tom Hilton ;)

#154 Guest_mikethespire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

Not sure I agree.

Their goal was a "wonder strike" which "rocketted" in after "bending it beautifully"

Roberts goal was "A defensive howler" that "gifted" the ball to Roberts so he could "race through" to "comfortably" score

and our winner was their defense "allowing Lavery to get the simplest of finishes"

Now imagine we had described the goals instead as

"MK Dons took the lead when the Chesterfield defense left Baker totally unmarked on the edge of the area with plenty of time to pick his spot to score"

"The equalizer came following good work from Clucas closing down Spence and dispossessing him before sliding the ball to Roberts. Roberts still had plenty to do but a clever nutmeg gave the chance to place it skillfuly into the net"

"The winner came following a cross from Darikwa which took a deflection. Lavery adjusted better and beat the keeper with a deft flick finish"

Both reports are correct but read very differently don't they.

#155 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

View Postmikethespire, on 05 March 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Not sure I agree.

Their goal was a "wonder strike" which "rocketted" in after "bending it beautifully"

Roberts goal was "A defensive howler" that "gifted" the ball to Roberts so he could "race through" to "comfortably" score

and our winner was their defense "allowing Lavery to get the simplest of finishes"

"MK Dons took the lead when the Chesterfield defense left Baker totally unmarked on the edge of the area with plenty of time to pick his spot to score"

"The equalizer came following good work from Clucas closing down Spence and dispossessing him before sliding the ball to Roberts. Roberts still had plenty to do but a clever nutmeg gave the chance to place it skillfuly into the net"

"The winner came following a cross from Darikwa which took a deflection. Lavery adjusted better and beat the keeper with a deft flick finish"

Often, looking at match reports from local media, the truth sits somewhere in the middle.

I suspect the brief is to try to remain impartial, but ultimately they're worried about circulation and readership in that area so are going to skew the report towards the intended readership.

Similar on messageboards, good play isn't always recognised by the opposing fans
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#156 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

Accurate report.
lindave

#157 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Not sure I agree.

"The equalizer came following good work from Clucas closing down Spence and dispossessing him before sliding the ball to Roberts. Roll berts still had plenty to do but a clever nutmeg gave the chance to place it skillfuly into the net"

...and I agree far more with your version! Although I would grant that after leaving their bloke way too much space unmarked on the edge of our box, he did pick his spot and let fly very well. Everything else in that report seems very balanced and honest though.

This post has been edited by Nerima Spireite: 05 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

頑張れ日本!!!

#158 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Not sure I agree.

"The equalizer came following good work from Clucas closing down Spence and dispossessing him before sliding the ball to Roberts. Roberts still had plenty to do but a clever nutmeg gave the chance to place it skillfully into the net"

Spot on Mike. I know which one is the truth !!!

#159 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

Not sure I agree.

There arent many goals where opponents are blameless. Usually someone could have done better somewhere along the line. Wonder strikes may be the only exception, though this wasnt one, just a very good finish with time and space.

#160 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 04 March 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

:windup
Sorry I meant at home....
We have achieved winning 3 games at MK Dons what Man utd,Bristol city and Swindon have been unable to do at all this term and that's shows on the day we can beat anyone home or away in this league and the way the league table stands we are one point off another trip to MK in the play offs.
Can anyone else see this happening...a fourth trip and a fourth win must be a record in one season.

While I dont expect us to make the play offs (still fancy Bradford, then doncaster) if we did do you not think we would be pushing our luck to turn over MK at their place again? Is it getting less probable?

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users