• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chesterfield Fc Community Trust

#21 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 August 2023 - 05:30 PM

Now, I’ve not read the accounts so have no idea about whether players are included or not, but what I don’t understand is why are you so agitated with other people’s salaries?
£80k-£120k are very normal salaries for Directors and CEO’s in business (if not quite low these days). I’m really struggling to see where you’re going with this rampage.

#22 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 August 2023 - 05:32 PM

View PostFact Checker, on 17 August 2023 - 05:30 PM, said:

Now, I’ve not read the accounts so have no idea about whether players are included or not, but what I don’t understand is why are you so agitated with other people’s salaries?
£80k-£120k are very normal salaries for Directors and CEO’s in business (if not quite low these days). I’m really struggling to see where you’re going with this rampage.

He wants to bring the club down.

#23 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2023 - 05:47 PM

View PostFact Checker, on 17 August 2023 - 05:30 PM, said:

It depends, the people currently in charge seem to be running the club on loans then one could argue that's not the best long term strategy. Now if it turns out those running the club are on hefty salaries courtesy of charitable contributions then whats best for the club might not be best for those receiving large recompense. That is my worry and I don't think its unreasonable to hold that view. Someone has 120,000 reasons for the boat not to be rocked.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 05:59 PM

View Postplannerj, on 17 August 2023 - 04:04 PM, said:

Has it not occurred to you that “these people” include the Management Team and some of the players?

Can’t be players, that would be a third party ownership type of arrangement and call foul of league and FA rules.

I guess it could be Cookie and his team, but I think that was covered in the accounts for CFC?

So are the “paid” board members such as CEO paid by the trust and not the club?

I guess that’s what T_F is asking.
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:04 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 05:47 PM, said:

It depends, the people currently in charge seem to be running the club on loans then one could argue that's not the best long term strategy. Now if it turns out those running the club are on hefty salaries courtesy of charitable contributions then whats best for the club might not be best for those receiving large recompense. That is my worry and I don't think its unreasonable to hold that view. Someone has 120,000 reasons for the boat not to be rocked.

Ok I get where you’re going with this but that’s a very sceptical outlook, mate. These guys may (or may not) be putting their heart and soul into trying to bring success to CFC & the Trust (in dual positions perhaps). As a director of any business (charity or not), the pressure absorbed and the commitment levels required to succeed are immense - let’s not paint a picture that they’re just being handed salaries for nothing.
Honestly mate, life is tough, I get that. Log off, take a breathe, go out and get some fresh air and I promise you you’ll feel better.

#26 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:07 PM

View PostFact Checker, on 17 August 2023 - 06:04 PM, said:

Ok I get where you’re going with this but that’s a very sceptical outlook, mate. These guys may (or may not) be putting their heart and soul into trying to bring success to CFC & the Trust (in dual positions perhaps). As a director of any business (charity or not), the pressure absorbed and the commitment levels required to succeed are immense - let’s not paint a picture that they’re just being handed salaries for nothing.
Honestly mate, life is tough, I get that. Log off, take a breathe, go out and get some fresh air and I promise you you’ll feel better.

That's fair enough it's the people who blindly accept everything going off without question, especially the ones "close" to the club that I'm mostly annoyed at.

I'll gloss over the patronising last line.

#27 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:10 PM

View PostQuaker, on 17 August 2023 - 05:32 PM, said:

He wants to bring the club down.

Absolutely on the contrary, I expect the best for the club. If I wanted to bring the club down I'd advocate for the current tactic of loans loans loans and the continued trough sniffing.

#28 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:15 PM

TRUST THE TRUST
JRID

#29 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:33 PM

The accounts of the Charity are Group Accounts as well as the Trusts accounts. The Group accounts accounts integrate the Trusts and the CFC accounts into one.
As an example- note 11 of the Group accounts show staff salaries of £3,463,982. This is made up of Trust wages of £386,084 (same note) and CFC wages, per their accounts of £3,077,898.
Note 11 continued explains about who they are referring to in the bands. “The majority of these are football related employees’
Separately it makes reference to key employees.
..considered to be the CEO, CFO, the Company Secretary and the Football Club manager. Total y/end 30 June 22 for these 4 staff £291,396.

And yes, a lot of players will have been paid less than £60k pa.

I don’t mind criticism of the Trust, I’ve made a few critiques myself. But please get the facts right.

#30 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:39 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 August 2023 - 06:33 PM, said:

The accounts of the Charity are Group Accounts as well as the Trusts accounts. The Group accounts accounts integrate the Trusts and the CFC accounts into one.
As an example- note 11 of the Group accounts show staff salaries of £3,463,982. This is made up of Trust wages of £386,084 (same note) and CFC wages, per their accounts of £3,077,898.
Note 11 continued explains about who they are referring to in the bands. “The majority of these are football related employees’
..considered to be the CEO, CFO, the Company Secretary and the Football Club manager. Total y/end 30 June 22 for these 4 staff £291,396.

I don’t mind criticism of the Trust, I’ve made a few critiques myself. But please get the facts right.

Taking out those 4 staff are you suggesting we only have 6 players making more than 60k? Only 6 players on more than a grand a week. Give over.

#31 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:41 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 August 2023 - 06:33 PM, said:

Thank you. I refer back to my post #2 above that Town Fan didn’t want to accept because he’s hoping to stir up mud, which he can’t. Thank goodness you’ve actually read the document.

#32 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:53 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Taking out those 4 staff are you suggesting we only have 6 players making more than 60k? Only 6 players on more than a grand a week. Give over.

How do you know the all the others, except the manager, have been paid more than £6Ok each? Perhaps the majority of the £291k was for the manager/s (as we would have paid two in that year). The auditors’ note says the majority of the banded employees are football related.

#33 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 08:45 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 August 2023 - 06:53 PM, said:

How do you know the all the others, except the manager, have been paid more than £6Ok each? Perhaps the majority of the £291k was for the manager/s (as we would have paid two in that year). The auditors’ note says the majority of the banded employees are football related.

If I remember correctly, the wages and salaries numbers are amounts earned in the relevant period and not the annualised rate. So if you are only at the club for half of the year in question then only half of your annual wage is included. Given the churn of players in the period covered, I would not be surprised for so few to be above £60k.

As for pensions, it's not the public sector, it will be relatively low cost. I would imagine defined contribution and therefore just a company contribution (included in the employment cost number which isn't just their gross pay)

But it's a while since I have done this detail so trust 60s 70s, it's what he does and he knows how it works...

They are Group accounts they cover the group - the charity and trading subsidiary. Nothing unusual about that....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#34 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 08:53 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 August 2023 - 08:45 PM, said:

If I remember correctly, the wages and salaries numbers are amounts earned in the relevant period and not the annualised rate. So if you are only at the club for half of the year in question then only half of your annual wage is included. Given the churn of players in the period covered, I would not be surprised for so few to be above £60k.

As for pensions, it's not the public sector, it will be relatively low cost. I would imagine defined contribution and therefore just a company contribution (included in the employment cost number which isn't just their gross pay)

But it's a while since I have done this detail so trust 60s 70s, it's what he does and he knows how it works...

They are Group accounts they cover the group - the charity and trading subsidiary. Nothing unusual about that....

I’m happy to accept that these are group accounts which include the Football Club and the Trust but as the football club provide separate accounts, does the Trust?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 08:58 PM

View Postazul, on 17 August 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

I’m happy to accept that these are group accounts which include the Football Club and the Trust but as the football club provide separate accounts, does the Trust?

Yes, there’s a separate column/notes in the Trusts accounts just for the Trust.

#36 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:19 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 August 2023 - 06:53 PM, said:

How do you know the all the others, except the manager, have been paid more than £6Ok each? Perhaps the majority of the £291k was for the manager/s (as we would have paid two in that year). The auditors' note says the majority of the banded employees are football related.

Who cares - we're top of the league.Posted Image

#37 User is offline   sewey89 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:01 PM

So to confirm, you’re upset that people qualified to do jobs that you’re not qualified to do earn a vast amount of money ?

#38 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:07 PM

View PostJoe Quigley is dynamite, on 17 August 2023 - 06:15 PM, said:

TRUST THE TRUST

OFF YOU SŐD
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#39 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:32 PM

View Postsewey89, on 17 August 2023 - 10:01 PM, said:

So to confirm, you’re upset that people qualified to do jobs that you’re not qualified to do earn a vast amount of money ?

What qualifications do the current incumbents have. All I know is there is a lot of reasons for them to keep the community trust at the table.

If I need a tin of beans I'll ring the chef exec.

#40 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:28 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 10:32 PM, said:

What qualifications do the current incumbents have. All I know is there is a lot of reasons for them to keep the community trust at the table.

If I need a tin of beans I'll ring the chef exec.

You're so right there.👍 The Trust is doing many fantastic things for the community, including stewardship of Chesterfield FC, which means so much to so many.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users