• You cannot reply to this topic

Gateshead Away Away

#401 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:44 AM

View Postlindave, on 16 April 2024 - 06:42 AM, said:

Notca good performance last night the whole of the back 4 were slow again, Jones, Naylor and Manders were a let down. Hobson motm by a mile never stopped running at them. Dobra and Quigley not much of a threat but could us put us 2.0 up. The 2nd was never a pen and was a mile offside. Thank God that was the last away game in this league. 1555 Town fans out of 884. The one good thing for me was the Ł230 I won on the 50/50.

155 Town.
lindave

#402 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:01 AM

We’ve scored 1 goal in six hours of football

That Curtis signing, a back up who’d never played 45 minutes of men’s football in his life

Quigley, a player who looks more like a competition winner you couldn’t find

Amazingly I don’t think many will see this season as particularly memorable
JRID

#403 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:04 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 16 April 2024 - 06:43 AM, said:

Cook extended Quigleys deal

Absolute madness

I don't think it was. He's been very effective coming off the bench this season.

Don't get me wrong, he is not good enough to start and if he is first back up next season I will be concerned. But he will be ok as a squad player, and someone in the National League will pay money for him if we want to sell.

#404 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:09 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 16 April 2024 - 07:01 AM, said:

That Curtis signing, a back up who’d never played 45 minutes of men’s football in his life

Seriously, don’t you think many will see this season as the season we won promotion back to the EFL after too long in the NL?

Then, when folks look back at the final league table they will see how we won it very comfortably.

Would you have preferred we won it with a goal, Glyn Hurst style, in the last minute of the last game?

Get a grip man. This season is this season over and done with. Next season is next season and the planning is already under way. Very few clubs have that luxury even now.

#405 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:18 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 16 April 2024 - 07:01 AM, said:

Imagine your obsession with James Rowe ruining your enjoyment of a record breaking championship winning season. Absolute freak behaviour.

This post has been edited by Goku: 16 April 2024 - 07:29 AM

#406 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:25 AM

Dont get the fuss about Cook having a break when we have no game for a while and we are already up....you see it throughout football with managers, players etc taking a break when fixtures allow. Bet some Prem and Championship folk are off for a break every time there is an international break if they are not involved with international games.

#407 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:27 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 07:25 AM, said:

Dont get the fuss about Cook having a break when we have no game for a while and we are already up....you see it throughout football with managers, players etc taking a break when fixtures allow. Bet some Prem and Championship folk are off for a break every time there is an international break if they are not involved with international games.

Didn’t he have a touchline ban at the same time?

#408 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:40 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 05:43 AM, said:

Reading posts on here, I’m a bit concerned a lot of our supporters won’t, as if only Cook would listen to them we’d be challenging for a top three place.

FWIW, I think we will definitely be in the top third, we have the management team, and the backing to make that happen.
One slight concern, does all this recent negativity give Cook the opportunity to say if that’s the thanks I get, perhaps time to move on?

Apparently he went over to our supporters last night and apologised for the last few performances.
Sounds like a manager who knows we've been sh1ť and wants to put it right, not spin on his heels and join Plymouth*

* other teams available looking for a quality manager

#409 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:41 AM

View Postessexspireman, on 16 April 2024 - 07:27 AM, said:

Didn’t he have a touchline ban at the same time?

But he’s not missed a game has he? He went away during a 14 day spell when we had no games. Exactly as do PL managers and players during international breaks.

#410 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:45 AM

I imagine the last few games have just confirmed what he knew and the plans he and backroom staff have been planning for months.
Next year's team will be very different

#411 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:02 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 07:41 AM, said:

But he’s not missed a game has he? He went away during a 14 day spell when we had no games. Exactly as do PL managers and players during international breaks.

Plus you can pretty much guarantee he's not missed training either as i suspect the players and backroom staff all had some days off as well.

#412 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:10 AM

View PostCartman, on 15 April 2024 - 10:08 PM, said:

Maybe, however, there is plenty of money washing around the National League and no financial fair play rules

Plenty of our players would be wanted by other NL clubs - look how Hobson did at Kiddy, Whelan is a regular - if having people under contract means we get 50k for them then happy days

Expect at least 5 new signings so it will be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the squad

Do you think we’ll be receiving fees from NL clubs for contracted players we no longer want?

I suppose we payed something for Palmer so there’s always a chance.

This post has been edited by azul: 16 April 2024 - 08:22 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#413 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:19 AM

This vlogger has captured both penalty incidents
https://www.youtube....h?v=ySzpQ38EIgw

The 2nd is a joke.

#414 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:25 AM

View Postazul, on 16 April 2024 - 08:10 AM, said:

Do you think we’ll be receiving fees from NL clubs for contracted players we no longer want?

I suppose we payed something for Palmer so there’s always a chance.

Depends who is around in the NL that is likely to pay a fee....likely only Oldham, York if they stay up, Scunny potentially if they come up? Cant think of many other sides at this level that pay fees for players.

#415 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:29 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 08:19 AM, said:

This vlogger has captured both penalty incidents
https://www.youtube....h?v=ySzpQ38EIgw

The 2nd is a joke.

First one shouldnt be a penalty but it always given, he isnt getting the ball he's just leathered out of play for a goal kick then falls over the keeper. Second one he falls over the ball that Tyrer has taken and not touched the player.

#416 User is online   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:46 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 07:25 AM, said:

Those individuals slating Cook for having a break are just clowns…most of the squad had a break with their families …it’s totally disrespectful of those usual idiots.
They had the luxury of a 2 week period before the next game after a hectic multi game period, why not take a break
In fact now I think from my sick bed…didn’t Warpy criticise this?? The same person the club bent over backwards for to visit whilst in hospital!!??
Your morals have no bounds

#417 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:04 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:25 AM, said:

Depends who is around in the NL that is likely to pay a fee....likely only Oldham, York if they stay up, Scunny potentially if they come up? Cant think of many other sides at this level that pay fees for players.

In most cases the 'fee' consists purely of us being relieved of a player's wages. Still on balance a good deal for us.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#418 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:07 AM

View PostZytok, on 16 April 2024 - 05:29 AM, said:

Have you ever considered that a song specifically about irony which contained no actual examples of said expression was the ultimate definition of it?

Often.

It's the perfect and least time consuming way of explaining irony (Jud).

This post has been edited by Snowflake McBedwetter: 16 April 2024 - 09:50 AM

#419 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM

Thought we actually played reasonably well last night and certainly didn't deserve to lose. Created chances which weren't taken. Quigley was totally ineffective and should have passed to Clements who was umarked and would probably have scored, instead he had a rubbish shot. Not been impressed with Hobson what I've seen of him. Even though Quigs and he combined for a goal a few matches back they both seem to be passengers. In the few minutes he had Colclough showed what we have been missing. They were still calling him Coloclough too!

This post has been edited by Zigsuk: 16 April 2024 - 09:12 AM

#420 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:39 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:29 AM, said:

First one shouldnt be a penalty but it always given, he isnt getting the ball he's just leathered out of play for a goal kick then falls over the keeper. Second one he falls over the ball that Tyrer has taken and not touched the player.

Fortunately these game changing incidents didn't really matter in the big scheme of things and the 2nd was so laughable all you could do was sit down, shake your head and revisit the 4 absolute stonewall penalties we've been denied this season and reflect that it's a good job we've been good and these bizarre decisions haven't been to costly.

Another, perhaps insignificant issue, when the term "integrity" has been bandied about in relation to NL decisions how about the integrity of the match officals displaying an inability to use a stop watch? Why does it always appear if town are hanging on in a game 6/7/8 minutes gets added, when we are chasing the game it's 3/4 minutes? The added 3 minutes last night was as big a mistake as the penalty cock ups, its not a snap decision like the penalty awards it's simple, the 4th official with time on his hands (sorry) keeps track. 30 seconds per sub X6 = 3 minutes, book a keeper for time wasting 1 minute plus if it warrented a booking he must have done it several times before 2? minutes. Playing on a wide open stadium so an allowance for ball retrieval 2 minutes, in saying that I thought the ballchildren (best be PC) were excellent. Other sundry bits 1 minute. Putting the correct time 8ish minutes in this case (Where's JD when you need him) not only gives the true 8 minutes to get something from the game but also gives the team an adrenaline rush a 'come on we do this" sort of thing.

I can't understand how officals leave them so open for criticism in such situations and leaving their integrity open for question unless they are adding to their CVs with a view of joining the NL management team.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic