Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cloud Cuckoo Land - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cloud Cuckoo Land

#1 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

Why do many of the contributors to this site belittle the teams in the division, statement like 'crap lge' : 'we should walk promotion' etc abound. Personally I dont think the bottom half of division 1 is any better than the top half of division 2. The teams that went up last season are not doing to badly.

Overall I think some of the football we have played is miles better than most of the dross we were served up last season but our old problems are still there. Our midfield is poor and we do lack a dominant experianced figure in the back four.

In the past few years the lack of experiance has caught up with us as the season has progressed and it looks like happening again, we have won more games but when was the last time we played really well. Since the cup exit with Tranmere we have really struggled, very much the same as in previous seasons when the first round cup exit has heralded a decline in fortunes.

Most of the fans seem to know the problems but the management disagree or will not accept the lack of experiance. It may be that the manager is not allowed to bring in experiance at this time of the season.

I hope I am proved wrong and we continue to keep our standing in the league, but as many people find out in marathons, poor performance/staying ability eventually catches up.

Please accept we are were we are and it will take a major effort to reach the playoffs. We will need to be consistently much better than last season in all areas of the pitch, I dont think we are yet.

#2 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

View Postspireman, on Jan 14 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Why do many of the contributors to this site belittle the teams in the division, statement like 'crap lge' : 'we should walk promotion' etc abound. Personally I dont think the bottom half of division 1 is any better than the top half of division 2. The teams that went up last season are not doing to badly.

Overall I think some of the football we have played is miles better than most of the dross we were served up last season but our old problems are still there. Our midfield is poor and we do lack a dominant experianced figure in the back four.

In the past few years the lack of experiance has caught up with us as the season has progressed and it looks like happening again, we have won more games but when was the last time we played really well. Since the cup exit with Tranmere we have really struggled, very much the same as in previous seasons when the first round cup exit has heralded a decline in fortunes.

Most of the fans seem to know the problems but the management disagree or will not accept the lack of experiance. It may be that the manager is not allowed to bring in experiance at this time of the season.

I hope I am proved wrong and we continue to keep our standing in the league, but as many people find out in marathons, poor performance/staying ability eventually catches up.

Please accept we are were we are and it will take a major effort to reach the playoffs. We will need to be consistently much better than last season in all areas of the pitch, I dont think we are yet.

What will it take then to reach the top 3? I will be disappointed if we only make the play offs
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

View Postspireman, on Jan 14 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Its hardly a good league is it?

Look how many teams have gates less than 3000, and think about the budget these sides would have.
A new hope.

#4 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 14 2008, 04:02 PM, said:

What will it take then to reach the top 3? I will be disappointed if we only make the play offs

the reason that people like myself belittle as you call it teams in this division is because they are poor,take wrexham for example ,if you read the programme their entire squad is made up of juniors,if you dont realise the gulf in class betwen div 1 and div 2 you are the one living in cloud cuckoo land,we played hartlepool earlier in the season and they didnt put out a full squad but tecnically they were miles better than anything to come to saltergate this season.As for the standard of football being played well we were in div 1 last season,so are dropping in class,so you have to ask yourself if we are tecnically a better team this season or is it just easier to play attacking attractive football against statues
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#5 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 14 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

the reason that people like myself belittle as you call it teams in this division is because they are poor,take wrexham for example ,if you read the programme their entire squad is made up of juniors,if you dont realise the gulf in class betwen div 1 and div 2 you are the one living in cloud cuckoo land,we played hartlepool earlier in the season and they didnt put out a full squad but tecnically they were miles better than anything to come to saltergate this season.As for the standard of football being played well we were in div 1 last season,so are dropping in class,so you have to ask yourself if we are tecnically a better team this season or is it just easier to play attacking attractive football against statues

Think this post is directed at spireman's comments not mine, but I will say there has been at least one statue in the town rearguard this season
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#6 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 14 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

Think this post is directed at spireman's comments not mine, but I will say there has been at least one statue in the town rearguard this season

sorry late winner it was at the poster not yourself
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#7 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 14 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

I think Hartlepool were in div 2 last season. We were playing ok at the time we played them and they still looked much better than us. Is this a statement about us.

Sure there are poor teams in this league, and by the very nature of it being division 2 the overall standard, must be worse. But this does not give us the divine right to think we are better than them, many teams supporters have felt the same and suffered. Given results over the season I would think that MK Dons, Rotherham, Darlington, Peterbro, Hereford would hold there own in divison 1.

My point is we are were we are and nothing will be achieved without ability and hard work, many contributors appear to feel we should only have to turn up.

This post has been edited by spireman: 14 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

#8 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

Just a note for the original poster:

Please be advised you are not allowed to have doubts about our ability. Promotion is assured and Richardson is a tactical genius who depth of knowledge knows no bounds. The players are shining bastions of the modern game.

Furthermore when we lose a game this is purely because we are unlucky no more no less. We have not struggled in recent games its just that we are a tiny club that should be honoured to be even competing with the likes of Rochdale and Barnet.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 14 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#9 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 14 2008, 06:27 PM, said:

Just a note for the original poster:

Please be advised you are not allowed to have doubts about our ability. Promotion is assured and Richardson is a tactical genius who depth of knowledge knows no bounds. The players are shining bastions of the modern game.

Furthermore when we lose a game this is purely because we are unlucky no more no less. We have not struggled in recent games its just that we are a tiny club that should be honoured to be even competing with the likes of Rochdale and Barnet.

Hope this helps.

And the winner of Amoeba of the week goes too........... Town_Fan. :o :unsure: :unsure: :D
If only....

#10 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Jan 14 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

And the winner of Amoeba of the week goes too........... Town_Fan. :mellow: :( :D :D

What's all this got to do with the Newcastle striker..?
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#11 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 15 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

What's all this got to do with the Newcastle striker..?

I wouldn't discredit Shola Ameobi with having anything to do with Town_Fan.
If only....

#12 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

I'll be disappointed if we don't get automatic promotion,but I'll take a win at Wembley if it can be guaranteed.
lindave

#13 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

View Postlindave, on Jan 15 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

I'll be disappointed if we don't get automatic promotion,but I'll take a win at Wembley if it can be guaranteed.

I think most fans would agree with that.
If only....

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:37 AM

View PostSkywalker, on Jan 15 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

I think most fans would agree with that.

I would take a wembley victory as consolation ;)
A new hope.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users