Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Wednesday vs Rochdale - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wednesday vs Rochdale Biggest game so far for me...

#1 User is offline   Chesterfield247 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

This Wednesday against Rochdale in my opinion (purely in terms of how it affects us in the league) is the biggest of the season so far. We have wobbled a bit lately and if we lose again then we are looking like dropping out of the top 7 which is hard to get back into. But if we win, it puts us on 46 points giving us a buffer and making us a bit more stable in the promotion places. Really is the turning point on Wednesday. Need those 3 points.

#2 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

View PostChesterfield247, on Jan 14 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

This Wednesday against Rochdale in my opinion (purely in terms of how it affects us in the league) is the biggest of the season so far. We have wobbled a bit lately and if we lose again then we are looking like dropping out of the top 7 which is hard to get back into. But if we win, it puts us on 46 points giving us a buffer and making us a bit more stable in the promotion places. Really is the turning point on Wednesday. Need those 3 points.

goes without saying from hereonin every game is a must win just to stay within touching distance of all in the playoffs the auto's and top spot.

#3 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

View PostChesterfield247, on Jan 14 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

This is a big game because it gives us a chance to put matters right at home and show we can beat a good away side. I just hope we are not hearing another hard luck story on Wednesday night. If we dont beat Dale it will be further evidence that we are merely contenders for the play offs, not the top 3
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#4 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 14 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

This is a big game because it gives us a chance to put matters right at home and show we can beat a good away side. I just hope we are not hearing another hard luck story on Wednesday night. If we dont beat Dale it will be further evidence that we are merely contenders for the play offs, not the top 3

:P If we don't beat Rochdale and fail to get something out of the Hereford game will could well be out of the play-off positions.
Many a good tune

#5 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

11/5 Rochdale ?
on our current home form and on their recent run of form generous odds I would say
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#6 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

View Postmartatcross, on Jan 14 2008, 05:58 PM, said:

11/5 Rochdale ?
on our current home form and on their recent run of form generous odds I would say

As anyone seen Rochdales away form??
Only lost 2 one of them was fa cup

This post has been edited by sammythespire: 14 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

R.I.P Saltergate

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

View Postmartatcross, on Jan 14 2008, 05:58 PM, said:

11/5 Rochdale ?

If it wasn't for my chronically bad results when it comes to our matches I'd very definitely be laying us on Betfair. Got 4 half price tickets today for Compton from the strange office in the Co-op. Anyone else got them?

#8 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Jan 14 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

If it wasn't for my chronically bad results when it comes to our matches I'd very definitely be laying us on Betfair. Got 4 half price tickets today for Compton from the strange office in the Co-op. Anyone else got them?

Good proces all round whatever you fancy. I personally don't think 11/8 about town is bad but equally if you fancy the draw or dale at about 5/2 on betfair they all look a value bet for whatever takes your fancy

#9 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Jan 14 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

Good proces all round whatever you fancy. I personally don't think 11/8 about town is bad but equally if you fancy the draw or dale at about 5/2 on betfair they all look a value bet for whatever takes your fancy

As an outsider 11/8 on a promotion chasing team at home looks pretty fair.....until our home record is looked at closely! Hopefully my talk like this will ensure a 4-0 win.........

#10 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

We'll soon see if the players have any bottle,because this looks a really tough game.Its up to our fans to make some big positive noises in the hope that the team will respond in the same way with a win.
lindave

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users