Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Just got back from Laandan - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just got back from Laandan 2-1 was a fair score

#41 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 12 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

I couldnt disagree with this statement more if I tried (except for him being at fault for the goal). He was useless and its really hurting the team the chances that he misses. He managed to hit the top of the stand from 15 yards out FFS.

If someone could match what we paid for him I'd get rid. He's a liability currently.

Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#42 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

I quite like ward but he was garbage yesterday, missed a golden opportunity to equalise in the 1st half when he failed to connect with a header, snatched at several chances, he was also partly to blame for the 2nd goal, trying to dribble his way out of trouble from the left back position and giving it away. I also blame niven for the 2nd brentford goal, he had a free header on the edge of our penalty area but instead of clearing it he headed it weakly to a brentford player just outside the penalty box. We were very lucky to be level at half time, brentford looked quite a good side, I think they will climb the table and reach the play offs.

I now feel pessimistic about our prospects. We really need to get out of this division at the first attempt or we could be down here for years, to do this we needed the board to pick a good, experienced manager, instead they have gambled on a young untried coach just cos he talks a good game.
Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#43 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

View Postsemi130497, on Jan 13 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

I quite like ward but he was garbage yesterday, missed a golden opportunity to equalise in the 1st half when he failed to connect with a header, snatched at several chances, he was also partly to blame for the 2nd goal, trying to dribble his way out of trouble from the left back position and giving it away. I also blame niven for the 2nd brentford goal, he had a free header on the edge of our penalty area but instead of clearing it he headed it weakly to a brentford player just outside the penalty box. We were very lucky to be level at half time, brentford looked quite a good side, I think they will climb the table and reach the play offs.

I now feel pessimistic about our prospects. We really need to get out of this division at the first attempt or we could be down here for years, to do this we needed the board to pick a good, experienced manager, instead they have gambled on a young untried coach just cos he talks a good game.

Are you really criticising the manager when we have not spent anywhere near as much as Darlington, MK and Peterbourgh, but yet we are still in there with them?

#44 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

View Postsemi130497, on Jan 13 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

Paul Ince, Mark Robbins, Darren Ferguson, Paul Lambert..... Prove you don't have to be experienced. I do agree with you that If we failed to get promotion this year, we could struggle to get out of this league as we don't have the resources or fanbase to compete with the bigger teams.
If only....

#45 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 13 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Are you really criticising the manager when we have not spent anywhere near as much as Darlington, MK and Peterbourgh, but yet we are still in there with them?

What about Hereford and Rotherham? What about Wycombe, Morcambe, Rochdale and Stockport etc who will most likely be above us if we continue dropping points and papering over the cracks with scrappy wins like against Wrexham, Barnet and Bury.

We are not good enough and its the gaffers fault. He wasnt wanted and he will keep us in this division.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#46 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 13 2008, 02:48 PM, said:

What about Hereford and Rotherham? What about Wycombe, Morcambe, Rochdale and Stockport etc who will most likely be above us if we continue dropping points and papering over the cracks with scrappy wins like against Wrexham, Barnet and Bury.

We are not good enough and its the gaffers fault. He wasnt wanted and he will keep us in this division.

What about Wycombe, MK scum and Peterbourgh all losing at home?
Two of which have loadsa money!

#47 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 13 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

What about Wycombe, MK scum and Peterbourgh all losing at home?
Two of which have loadsa money!

They dont lose at home as much as we do.

#48 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 13 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

They dont lose at home as much as we do.

Have you seen how much money they have????
We are still up there. But I guess you want us to drop down so you'll be proved right.
Would you be happy to be proved right?
I think so!

Take your cow bell and....

#49 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Jan 13 2008, 01:38 PM, said:

Paul Ince, Mark Robbins, Darren Ferguson, Paul Lambert..... Prove you don't have to be experienced. I do agree with you that If we failed to get promotion this year, we could struggle to get out of this league as we don't have the resources or fanbase to compete with the bigger teams.

compared to a lot of teams in this division we ARE one of the bigger teams.

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 13 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

We are still up there. But I guess you want us to drop down so you'll be proved right.
I think so!

Consider that Rotherham have very recently been into administration and have a half built stand......
A new hope.

#50 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 13 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

compared to a lot of teams in this division we ARE one of the bigger teams.
Consider that Rotherham have very recently been into administration and have a half built stand......

Compared to a lot of teams we are doing better.

#51 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 13 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

I think so!

I want success for Chesterfield and I dont think it will happen while we have the current incumbents in charge of the team and more importantly at board level. Thats why I dont sit silently saying we are "unlucky".

#52 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 13 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

I want success for Chesterfield and I dont think it will happen while we have the current incumbents in charge of the team and more importantly at board level. Thats why I dont sit silently saying we are "unlucky".

ok.....................

#53 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 13 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

Compared to a lot of teams we are doing better.

Apart from Bradford, who are we doing better than in terms of league position and revenue?

The small club argument wont wash in this division when there are several teams getting less than 50% of our gates.
A new hope.

#54 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 13 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

Apart from Bradford, who are we doing better than in terms of league position and revenue?

The small club argument wont wash in this division when there are several teams getting less than 50% of our gates.

Stockport, Wycombe, County??

#55 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Jan 13 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

think global comment may be a bit broader than a specific club/revenue comparison as in we're 5th so we're doing alot better.

#56 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Jan 13 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

Wycome on same points as us, in the play offs.

So only 3 clubs out of a division of 24?

Makes the `small club` argument look weak then?
A new hope.

#57 User is offline   cfcscott153 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Supporting Chesterfield FC, Derbyshire CCC and going to music festivals

Follow me on Twitter @cfcscott153

And see my YouTube videos user: Scott153

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Jan 12 2008, 06:30 PM, said:

On balance, Brentford played some good stuff and deserved the win. We lacked the fight to get back into it after they had gone ahead for the second time.

First half, they went ahead after a fairly even opening, and we equalised a little undeservedly with a great finish from Jack.

Rico got the formation all wrong in the first 45 with Leven out on the left and Winter and Niven struggling to get near the ball in the middle, but to his credit changed it around at half-time by shifting Leven into his correct position with Wardy out left and Fletch replacing Winter. Wardy huffed and puffed, tried hard and was at fault for losing the ball in the left-back position in the build-up to Brentford's second, but he was one of the brighter players today.
Good debut from Moloney- he was involved throughout and not afraid to get forward. He has the same odd running style as Kevin Kilbane and looks a decent acquisition.

Jack took his goal well and was good first half- clever as ever- but became more and more anonymous as the game went on. Whether he was frustrated at poor, lump-it-down-the-channel service, or whether he knows his immediate future lies elsewhere, I don't know.

Rochey and Janos played very well, Robertson, Wardy and Leven and quite well. Downes looked poor and there seemed to be (again) a lack of leadership and co-ordination at the back.

I reckon we need a left-sided midfielder and a strong defensive leader, and promotion could be ours, but today we were beaten by a buoyant team working hard and playing some decent stuff for their manager.

Still, it must be hard for Brentford's fans to get passionate about supporting such a nothing sort of club.......

I thought Ward was pretty bad tbh he had a few chances i think lowry would have done better with!!
Its Paul Cook you know!

#58 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 13 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

If you a club size by its attendances then were the 9th biggest in the division

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attenda...007&cc=5739

So we're just above par
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#59 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 13 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

Well same points but with more resources so i'd say that makes us doing better. So those 3 plus Bradford then how many should we be beating that we are not? Hereford and?

#60 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Jan 13 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

Well same points but with more resources so i'd say that makes us doing better. So those 3 plus Bradford then how many should we be beating that we are not? Hereford and?

Hardly makes us a `small club` though does it. Thats my point. There is only one club `smaller` thats above us.

At this level we ARE one of the bigger clubs.

This post has been edited by death: 13 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users