Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Just got back from Laandan - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just got back from Laandan 2-1 was a fair score

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

who has

View Postmarlons curtains, on Jan 12 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

Havent Torquay got an amazingly high sell on clause?

Generally a sell on clause is on any profit made. So if we've really paid 100K for him we shouldn't need to worry about it too much.

I haven't seen this bloke very often (who has?) but after all the hype about him I'm really dissappointed.

Apart from MK Dongs he's looked average, perhaps he's still nursing his hamstrings.

Today he was absolutely hopeless
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

View Postazul, on Jan 12 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

who has

Generally a sell on clause is on any profit made. So if we've really paid 100K for him we shouldn't need to worry about it too much.

I haven't seen this bloke very often (who has?) but after all the hype about him I'm really dissappointed.

Apart from MK Dongs he's looked average, perhaps he's still nursing his hamstrings.

Today he was absolutely hopeless

You might be right.... for some reason 50% sticks in my head.... nothing to be made out of wardy then... so he better start doing the bizz.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Jan 12 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

have to agree tf (apart from the offload him bit). 1st half him & lester didnt work (again) & 2nd half when he was moved wide mid he was annonymous, apart from losing ball in build up to their 2nd goal.
fletcher/lester must be starting strike force & if fletcher isnt available id partner rooney with lester. he may not look as busy but his strike rate is better than wards.

Fletch is OK by me but has never been prolific- doesn't he have only 2 goals this season? Wardy has 4- dunno who has made more appearances. For me, at least Wardy is a constant threat and gets in there to create chances. For a big bloke in his mid-30s Fletch's mobility is OK but it's not a patch on Ward's, and he rarely get chances unless the ball is played straight to him- who in our midfield can provide service like that, Leven aside? If Ward stays fit, sooner or later he'll hit a run of goals. I also think he combines better with Jack- today they at least tried to link up with some nice passing football. Fletch may be good at knock-downs but Jack thrives on through balls to feet- his frustration is obvious from his body language when we just lump the ball forward. Rooney did actually have a decent go at it today but came on late when some of the the rest of them had thrown in the towel.

Wardy every time for me.
These go to eleven.

#24 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Jan 12 2008, 11:29 PM, said:

Fletch is OK by me but has never been prolific- doesn't he have only 2 goals this season? Wardy has 4- dunno who has made more appearances. For me, at least Wardy is a constant threat and gets in there to create chances. For a big bloke in his mid-30s Fletch's mobility is OK but it's not a patch on Ward's, and he rarely get chances unless the ball is played straight to him- who in our midfield can provide service like that, Leven aside? If Ward stays fit, sooner or later he'll hit a run of goals. I also think he combines better with Jack- today they at least tried to link up with some nice passing football. Fletch may be good at knock-downs but Jack thrives on through balls to feet- his frustration is obvious from his body language when we just lump the ball forward. Rooney did actually have a decent go at it today but came on late when some of the the rest of them had thrown in the towel.

Wardy every time for me.

all about opinions.

#25 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Jan 12 2008, 11:29 PM, said:

Wardy every time for me.

I dont think it has to be a case of either/or... get them both in for me....

You dont get out this league without a big man..... in my humble opinion.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Jan 12 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

all about opinions.

Yep- agreed on that!

I also disagree with a fair few on here about Robertson, whom I think is one of the better left-backs at this level and a decent player who (not that he gets too much stick) could thrive if we get behind him.
These go to eleven.

#27 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Jan 12 2008, 11:35 PM, said:

Yep- agreed on that!

I also disagree with a fair few on here about Robertson, whom I think is one of the better left-backs at this level and a decent player who (not that he gets too much stick) could thrive if we get behind him.

Problem is with Robertson is that he can play well for 89 minutes of a game but always seems to have an erroneous minute that costs us. Much like Downes currently.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#28 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 12 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

Problem is with Robertson is that he can play well for 89 minutes of a game but always seems to have an erroneous minute that costs us. Much like Downes currently.

being good for 89mins but liable to cockup in the other 1 is why most players are playing at this level.
robertsons come on after a shaky start & having someone who worked back like bastiens in front of him has helped. if we play ward in that role will he do the defensive side of the role?

#29 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Jan 12 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

I thought Downes was poor today- seemed to lack the confidence to take his time and pick a pass, even when he had space to do so.

The problem in defence is that we have no leader- there was one instance today where we were defending a late free-kick, and between Downes, Kovacs and Rooney we managed to leave men unmarked- the whole thing wasn't sorted by the time the free-kick came over. Just a little thing, and we got away with it, but I get the feeling an experienced, authoritative centre-back (a Blathers, Dyche or Bomber type) would have sorted it out straight away.

Gray is a reasonable option but there must be a fair few experienced, loud head-it kick-it centre backs floating around during the January window that wouldn't cost too much to take a punt on.
These go to eleven.

#30 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on Jan 12 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

I thought Downes was poor today- seemed to lack the confidence to take his time and pick a pass, even when he had space to do so.

The problem in defence is that we have no leader- there was one instance today where we were defending a late free-kick, and between Downes, Kovacs and Rooney we managed to leave men unmarked- the whole thing wasn't sorted by the time the free-kick came over. Just a little thing, and we got away with it, but I get the feeling an experienced, authoritative centre-back (a Blathers, Dyche or Bomber type) would have sorted it out straight away.

Gray is a reasonable option but there must be a fair few experienced, loud head-it kick-it centre backs floating around during the January window that wouldn't cost too much to take a punt on.

Grey is experienced, sadly he is slow and rubbish aswell. I'd be looking at centre half and left wing for permenant deals of quality brought in. Oh and midfield aswell. A second striker that can score might be a bonus to. Apart from that we are good.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#31 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

I don't think we deserved to lose after our 2nd half performance. Yes Brentford played very well at times until Leven reverted back to centre midfield. If it wasn't for our idiot keeper and Wardy having a stinker we could have got a point.
The way the Bees are playing at the moment they will take plenty of points off the leading pack and could even push for automatic promotion, now that they are playing for a new manager( what a comeback after conceding 7 at Posh).
lindave

#32 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

View Postmr. smith, on Jan 12 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

have to agree tf (apart from the offload him bit). 1st half him & lester didnt work (again) & 2nd half when he was moved wide mid he was annonymous, apart from losing ball in build up to their 2nd goal.
fletcher/lester must be starting strike force & if fletcher isnt available id partner rooney with lester. he may not look as busy but his strike rate is better than wards.

Ward doesn't score enough and has to earn hisplace so it has to be between Rooney and Fletcher to partner Lester.

#33 User is offline   spireiteluke 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching Chesterfield FC<br />Playing Pool/Snooker<br />Walking<br />

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

View Postforevablue, on Jan 13 2008, 12:10 AM, said:

Ward doesn't score enough and has to earn hisplace so it has to be between Rooney and Fletcher to partner Lester.

I agree, surely Rooney shouldve started. Leven should never had played on wing and Michael Barnes shouldve been given chance.
SPIREITE TILL I DIE!!!!!!

#34 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

View Postlindave, on Jan 12 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

I don't think we deserved to lose after our 2nd half performance. Yes Brentford played very well at times until Leven reverted back to centre midfield. If it wasn't for our idiot keeper and Wardy having a stinker we could have got a point.

Idiot keeper? Rochey played well. I thought he was impeded in the build-up to the second goal when one of our defenders headed the ball onto the bar.

Lowry was unlucky not to have scored a carbon copy of Brentford's second- cracking effort that hit the post late on.

Thankfully, some other results went our way today.
These go to eleven.

#35 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

View PostBlueRover52, on Jan 12 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

:blush: Will Rico EVER learn? The obvious base for the team is------
Roche
Kovacs---CB
Leven-----CM
Niv------CM
Lester----Striker

For other positions he has choices, but everyside has a backbone, this is ours IMO.

Very good post. Rico, please take note
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#36 User is offline   Gary the Snail 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

I thought first half we were lucky at 1-1. Apart from the goal I can't remember us haing any shots apart from a couple of charged down efforts. We were poor. Brentford had us under pressure and seemed to win every second ball. We resorted to lumping it and that will never work with Ward and Lester who are better with the ball played to feet.

Second half we introduced Fletcher and moved Leven into the centre and were far better. We could have had a point or even won if we hadn't been so wasteful with our finishing. Ward in particular should at least test the keeper with a few chances. He really needs to learn from Jack some composure. Lowry hit the post.

If we play Lester/Ward up front then let their service be to feet. If we insist on lumping it out of defence, then we must have Fletch.

Levin should be in the centre all the time. He's far too influencial to be stuck out on the left.

The new lad played well and has a funny run.

#37 User is offline   cooper6271.freeserve.co.uk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:03 AM

View PostBlueRover52, on Jan 12 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

:blush: Will Rico EVER learn? The obvious base for the team is------
Roche
Kovacs---CB
Leven-----CM
Niv------CM
Lester----Striker

For other positions he has choices, but everyside has a backbone, this is ours IMO.

No Barry Roach for me,rest seem about right.

#38 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

View Postbelpercfc, on Jan 12 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Brentford is in Middlesex.

Are you implying it's not in London ?

#39 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

View Postcooper6271.freeserve.co.uk, on Jan 13 2008, 09:03 AM, said:

No Barry Roach for me,rest seem about right.

so you would play the reserve Jordan?
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#40 User is offline   onlyonefinfolan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

View Postbelpercfc, on Jan 12 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Brentford is in Middlesex.

Middlesex hasn't existed as an entity since 1965 when it was incorporated into several London Boroughs, hence Brentford's been officially in London for 22 years.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users