Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Its just too easy - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Its just too easy

#21 User is offline   Coups 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:ermm...... Football

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

[

Automatic promotion has to be the goal and there's quite a way to go yet. It may well be a good thing that we have to play the teams around us a lot. Win on Wednesday is a must otherwise we will be slipping into changing our mentality to ensure that we reach the play offs.

Auto is the target and has to be what is deemed as success.

Coups

quote name='marlons curtains' date='Jan 12 2008, 06:26 PM' post='198668']
theres obviously a difference between 'confident of going up' and seeing it as a formality. Im still confident we can go up... though I believe our current situation can be seen two ways. Are we a team that has been fortunate to be up there for so long, and will fade away, or are we a team that hasnt quite got running, and if we do, we will maintain and improve upon our current position?

What I am worried about is the top three pulling away, and we get dragged into a bunfight with a number of clubs fighting it out for the four lottery spots. That said, I guess Darlington and Peterbrough have said that in recent weeks.

No doubt Mk and Rotherham lookin a bit untouchable at the minute.... if were going to say, even at this stage, that theres one automatic place up for grabs, Im not confident of grabbing it.
[/quote]
just bounce if you love the town

#22 Guest_ChrisSnell_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

SB
How eloquently you expose the hypocrisy spoken by those that told us "We can't compete with sides enjoying better support than ourselves" when we were in League 1, yet now apparently tell us "We shouldn't expect to win games against inferiors" in League 2.

Marlon
The top and bottom of our situation is that we're an ordinary team, with ordinary management, but with an extraordinary striker. And if anyone doubts that assertion, allow me to ask one simple question; exactly where do you think we'd be without Jack Lester?

#23 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

View PostChrisSnell, on Jan 12 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

SB
How eloquently you expose the hypocrisy spoken by those that told us "We can't compete with sides enjoying better support than ourselves" when we were in League 1
, yet now apparently tell us "We shouldn't expect to win games against inferiors" in League 2.

Marlon
The top and bottom of our situation is that we're an ordinary team, with ordinary management, but with an extraordinary striker. And if anyone doubts that assertion, allow me to ask one simple question; exactly where do you think we'd be without Jack Lester?

I have exposed nothing of the sort,we got relegated because we wasn't good enough,we have changed the squad a bit by what we can afford,there are more teams not just four vying for the playoffs,nothing is guaranteed and there is a long way still to go.

As for Lester going or staying we are 12 days into the window and he is still here,what does that tell you ;)

#24 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

SB
How eloquently you expose the hypocrisy spoken by those that told us "We can't compete with sides enjoying better support than ourselves" when we were in League 1, yet now apparently tell us "We shouldn't expect to win games against inferiors" in League 2.

Marlon

not as high up as we are.. lets be thankful hes ours.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 12 2008, 05:14 PM, said:

to score aganst Chesterfield
or were we 'unlucky' again

Toss result

apart from the goal and the post, town showed very little today. Poor performance, and a disjointed midfield display.

Kovac and Robertson played well, and Lester got his customary goal, but thats about it.
A new hope.

#26 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

SB

Marlon

Why does everything end up with us relying on Jack Lester? Why should we be apolagetic to have him?

#27 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

We are not any other team.We are Chesterfield!

#28 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

View Postdjs, on Jan 12 2008, 05:42 PM, said:

Alot has been made about our excelence up front ( Jack ) and coming forward. But as every coach will say a good team is built on a sound defence. As the evidence surgests we don't have that sound defence. Nuff said! ;)

Aka Duncans teams no matter what you say about them, in the defence they were light years ahead of this one we have now
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#29 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

View Postbelpercfc, on Jan 12 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

We are not any other team.We are Chesterfield!

Get it right... Lesterfield! ;)

#30 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 12 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

Aka Duncans teams no matter what you say about them, in the defence they were light years ahead of this one we have now

Ya but on the other hand Fish we NEVER got in our oppenents half! ;)

Which would you sooner have?

View PostBlueprint, on Jan 12 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

Get it right... Lesterfield! :P

Did he not play today then?
#notapennymore

#31 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

That's just it, people are never satisfied, our team either defends too much or attacks too much, if we could get the balance right we wouldn't be in this predicament.

#32 Guest_ChrisSnell_*

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 12 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

I have exposed nothing of the sort,we got relegated because we wasn't good enough,we have changed the squad a bit by what we can afford,there are more teams not just four vying for the playoffs,nothing is guaranteed and there is a long way still to go.

As for Lester going or staying we are 12 days into the window and he is still here,what does that tell you ;)

SB
You'll have to forgive me if you weren't one of those making excuses for poor results and performances in League One because "We can't compete at this level", or words to that effect.

But i make no apology for condemning those that did, suggesting that results are all about size of support, yet now seek to excuse poor results against clubs inferior to ourselves ("...football doesn't always work the way you want it to").

By the way, i said f-all about Jack leaving or not. All i ask is where would we be without him?

My guess is mid-table mediocrety.

#33 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

View PostChrisSnell, on Jan 12 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

SB
You'll have to forgive me if you weren't one of those making excuses for poor results and performances in League One because "We can't compete at this level", or words to that effect.

But i make no apology for condemning those that did, suggesting that results are all about size of support, yet now seek to excuse poor results against clubs inferior to ourselves ("...football doesn't always work the way you want it to").

By the way, i said f-all about Jack leaving or not. All i ask is where would we be without him?

So is this not down to the manager?
#notapennymore

#34 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

SB

Why ask Jack is our player and is contracted to us for another 2 years and we ARE 5th in the table not mid table mediocrety ;)

Go and test your armchair out :P we won't miss you.

#35 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Depends who rico would have been able to bring in instead of Jack. I doubt it woulsd be someone who'd have scored the same number of goals, but we definately would have had someone else.

#36 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 12 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

Why ask Jack is our player and is contracted to us for another 2 years and we ARE 5th in the table not mid table mediocrety ;)

Go and test your armchair out :P we won't miss you.

How many times do we have to read messages that say?

We are 4th Great!
We are 5th Great!
we are 6th Great! etc etc etc. Yes we know that!!!!!

PLEASE join the debate. Are we good enough over the season to go up?

#37 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on Jan 12 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

We are 4th Great!
We are 5th Great!

You do not have to read my messages full stop,have i upset you in any way i don't recall ever replying to any of your posts,in answer to your question my answer is who knows we still have nearly half the season to go yet ;)

#38 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on Jan 12 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

We are 4th Great!
We are 5th Great!

Time will tell I suppose. My belief is that we are good enough to go up but are we consistently good enough to go up? This is where we slip, up we have zero consistency, and Rico has not brought in the players we desperately need for promotion. So at the moment promotion is very much on a knife edge and I'm sorry to say I don't think Rico has the nouse to take us to the promised land even though the team has the ability to do so
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#39 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I don't believe that just cos we have a habit of slipping up after christmas that it is going to happen this season, a lot of fans dread it happening but i don't think that will be the case. We don't have masses of injured players like we often have at this stage of the season, we aren't going to sell anyone and fail to replace them, ahem. We actually have players on loan elsewhere who we can utilise if we need to and then there's those youth players like Algar who we could turn to.

As many say if we do slip up it will probably be due to not bringing experience to guide the younger players thorugh it, but Rico has said he hopes to bring some experience in, so time will tell there. We do have a fair amount of experience through already.

And it's not like we've got worse over the last few games - the start of the new year downfall as it normally is - we haven't been amazing all season - there have been good performances and there have been bad performances but we are still up there, we are an inconsistant side. End of.

We haven't worsened during the season, we are in a quite stable positon, we've hoovered between 1 and 7th all of the season bar the first game when we were mid table.

#40 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Jan 12 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

I don't believe that just cos we have a habit of slipping up after christmas that it is going to happen this season, a lot of fans dread it happening but i don't think that will be the case. We don't have masses of injured players like we often have at this stage of the season, we aren't going to sell anyone and fail to replace them, ahem. We actually have players on loan elsewhere who we can utilise if we need to and then there's those youth players like Algar who we could turn to.

As many say if we do slip up it will probably be due to not bringing experience to guide the younger players thorugh it, but Rico has said he hopes to bring some experience in, so time will tell there. We do have a fair amount of experience through already.

And it's not like we've got worse over the last few games - the start of the new year downfall as it normally is - we haven't been amazing all season - there have been good performances and there have been bad performances but we are still up there, we are an inconsistant side. End of.

We haven't worsened during the season, we are in a quite stable positon, we've hoovered between 1 and 7th all of the season bar the first game when we were mid table.

This post for me tops the premier league and will take some beating!
As Clough would say 'Well said young man!' :D
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users