• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kids

#1 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

No disrespect to the lads we have taken on loan but does anyone think we will win anything by this type of deal.

To me the club has in the last few years gone for this type of arrangement, giving other clubs juniors experiance, and were has it got us. The players maybe good but are they fully committed when they can go back to thier parent club.

We now have 3 such players on the books, I cant see why the lad from Nottingham would be any better than Davies at right back.

Surely there are some more experianced players in div 1 and 2 who are not playing regularly who would welcome a chance to come to the club.

It just seems to be the cheapest option all the time.

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

View Postspireman, on Jan 11 2008, 10:02 AM, said:

No disrespect to the lads we have taken on loan but does anyone think we will win anything by this type of deal.

To me the club has in the last few years gone for this type of arrangement, giving other clubs juniors experiance, and were has it got us. The players maybe good but are they fully committed when they can go back to thier parent club.

We now have 3 such players on the books, I cant see why the lad from Nottingham would be any better than Davies at right back.

Surely there are some more experianced players in div 1 and 2 who are not playing regularly who would welcome a chance to come to the club.

you were talking such sense till you mentioned davies
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

;) True,can't pick up gems all the time. If we can't afford to buy, some short term loanees with some sort of pedigree would be the answer. Certainly if we are to keep up a promotion challenge we haven't the leeway to nurse along, or experiment with "kids"
Many a good tune

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Davies wanders around more than my dog when he plays at right back. His main weekness is that he has no positional sense. He can get away with it to some degree charging about in midfield but when he has to hold a specifc position in the full back role he still charges around and struggles. Jack of all trades master of none etc

#5 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Where has it got us? It has got us the likes of Kevan Hurst, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Jamie O'Hara and Sammy Clingan. They were decent players for us, did a good job and certainly put the effort in. These guys have nothing to gain by not trying whilst on loan and everything to gain from working their backsides off. I would expect the manager and staff do their homework and judge these players for their suitability to come and play for us before agreeing to take them on loan.

On what evidence are you basing your judgment that the new guy would be no better than Davies at right back? Have you seen him? I mean, you may ultimately be right but I suspect you're judging him before seeing him. I refer to my previous paragraph and assume the staff have watched this guy and believe him to be more capable than Davies. Also, the new guy can cover centre half or full back whereas I doubt Davies' suitability for centre half.

As for being the cheapest option, I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty much the only option we can afford. I hope Rico has his spies out for experienced Div 1 players but in the meantime I'm pleased he has plugged a potential gap as opposed to doing nothing.

This post has been edited by Doughnut: 11 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users