Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Kindergarten Loanees - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kindergarten Loanees

#21 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

View PostTom CFC, on Jan 10 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

So, stadium before promotion?I'd rather us go out spend some money on some decent loanees or signings with some expierience than put money away for a stadium project that isnt going to happen in whats probably my life time.

I am not saying that,we should be good enough to go up but staying up might be a problem if we don't invest in players,it is a difficult job for those who are running the club at this time.

#22 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

still have to be paid though
According to some on here I am the only with these beliefs in the prospect of the new ground ;) Well SB seems you are wrong again :lol:

If I had it I'd give you a million quid not to mention the ground situation again Fishini.

#23 User is offline   BOBBY 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc<br />family/pets<br />scuba diving<br />cfc (again)

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 10 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

If I had it I'd give you a million quid not to mention the ground situation again Fishini.

forget the new stadium... don't think it will ever happen..... think a lot of fans like me pray we stay put at FORTRESS SALTERGATE
so let's do an 'arthur cox' and take a chance for promotion

for many fans on here.... arthur cox was a manager a long, long time ago when life was good !
rico's barmy army

#24 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

View PostBOBBY, on Jan 10 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

forget the new stadium... don't think it will ever happen..... think a lot of fans like me pray we stay put at FORTRESS SALTERGATE

for many fans on here.... arthur cox was a manager a long, long time ago when life was good !

Yes and in the end we were chanting Cox out lol,so funny though ;)

#25 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

KIng Arthur was my all time favourite manager, the football was fantastic as was the support. Yes he nearly broke the bank with his transfer fees paid, but at least that was better than that fat thieving scumbag Brown. If Coxy had stayed with us until the end ofthe season he would have got us into the then Div. 2, and who can for get the likes of Birch,Bonnyman and Wilson.
lindave

#26 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

View PostBOBBY, on Jan 10 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

We were probably one injury away from reaching the second tier. However we bought a squad where many cost more than our previous transfer record. Our wage levels also prompted newspapers articles. A year later a Club employee was running around local businessmen that we owed money to pleading for them not to force the closure of the Club.

It was champagne football on a champagne budget!

Darren Brown's team came close to this, and for all the money he syphoned-off he still paid some big contracts.

Some of this season's football has come close to what we saw on those occasions. I feels we are close to reaching that sort of standard. However this has been based on firm business principles and our Board under-writing reasonable deficits.

To start the season with a budget that brings stars in but depends on results, crowds and bonuses to break-even is a gamble, but it is a gamble the Board are willing to take. They wont gamble the Club against possible success where the price might be a crisis, nor would I expect them to.
Peter Whiteley

#27 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

View Postdalekpete, on Jan 10 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

We were probably one injury away from reaching the second tier. However we bought a squad where many cost more than our previous transfer record. Our wage levels also prompted newspapers articles. A year later a Club employee was running around local businessmen that we owed money to pleading for them not to force the closure of the Club.

It was champagne football on a champagne budget!

Darren Brown's team came close to this, and for all the money he syphoned-off he still paid some big contracts.

Some of this season's football has come close to what we saw on those occasions. I feels we are close to reaching that sort of standard. However this has been based on firm business principles and our Board under-writing reasonable deficits.

To start the season with a budget that brings stars in but depends on results, crowds and bonuses to break-even is a gamble, but it is a gamble the Board are willing to take. They wont gamble the Club against possible success where the price might be a crisis, nor would I expect them to.

The football was fantastic we had some super players. It was a bit like living the high life on a credit card, it could not last, but made for some great times!
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#28 User is offline   onlyonefinfolan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

Sammy Clingan 20
Jamie O'Hara 19
Felix Bastians 19
Adam Rooney 20
Kevan Hurst 19
Phil Picken 19
Jamal Campbell Ryce 21
Jonathan Douglas 21
Thomas Hitzlsperger 19

Hardly old fogies when they first joined us!

#29 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

View Postonlyonefinfolan, on Jan 11 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

Sammy Clingan 20
Jamie O'Hara 19
Felix Bastians 19
Adam Rooney 20
Kevan Hurst 19
Phil Picken 19
Jamal Campbell Ryce 21
Jonathan Douglas 21
Thomas Hitzlsperger 19

Hardly old fogies when they first joined us!

:blink: It must be cos WE'RE getting older!
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users