Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Kindergarten Loanees - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kindergarten Loanees

#1 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

Seemingly poised for mounting a serious promotion push, we're bringing in raw kids on loan to supplement the squad. Far be it for me to put a dampener on things, but I'd have hoped that with a bit of unbudgeted for cash heading our way from Sky TV, we could instead look at bringing in a couple of seasoned performers who'll improve our first team in key areas rather than taking a punt on youngsters still very much at the start of a steep learning curve.

I guess it comes down, once again, to that old 'gambling' chestnut...
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#2 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 10 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

Seemingly poised for mounting a serious promotion push, we're bringing in raw kids on loan to supplement the squad. Far be it for me to put a dampener on things, but I'd have hoped that with a bit of unbudgeted for cash heading our way from Sky TV, we could instead look at bringing in a couple of seasoned performers who'll improve our first team in key areas rather than taking a punt on youngsters still very much at the start of a steep learning curve.

It's an interesting one Mac, especially as against Grimsby we had nothing on the bench to change the match.

Is it too much to expect some permanent signings in the window? Maybe the Club's on a temporary footing at present.

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 10 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

#3 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Jan 10 2008, 07:16 PM, said:

It's an interesting one Mac, especially as against Grimsby we had nothing on the bench to change the match.

Is it too much to expect some permanent signings in the window? Maybe the Club's on a temporary footing at present.

I was shot down in flames last week when airing similar concerns at the lad from Old Trafford. But, hand on heart, was I really the only one walking along Saltergate at around 5 pm on Saturday evening wondering if I should look much, much closer at what I previously thought was the definition of 'raw.'
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#4 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

Must admit similar thoughts crossed my mind BM, but remember we haven't seen the lad play yet.

We have got precious few experienced players. Andy Johnson, just been given a free by Barnsley, caught my eye the other day. Ex-Forest, maybe mates with Gregor, Jack and Rochey etc?
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#5 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

I think Rico agrees with you, judging by his latest SW interview.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#6 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 10 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

I was shot down in flames last week when airing similar concerns at the lad from Old Trafford. But, hand on heart, was I really the only one walking along Saltergate at around 5 pm on Saturday evening wondering if I should look much, much closer at what I previously thought was the definition of 'raw.'

I think either way it is far too early to make judgements on Barnes and the new kid. I do think it's interesting that we have gone for promising youngsters rather than more experienced players.
If only....

#7 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Jan 10 2008, 08:17 PM, said:

I think either way it is far too early to make judgements on Barnes and the new kid. I do think it's interesting that we have gone for promising youngsters rather than more experienced players.

they are cheaper
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#8 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Where's the value?

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

they are cheaper

We are Chesterfield,we are strapped for cash,we need a new stadium,these are 3 very good resons why we have to keep to a tight budget,we don't like it but there you go thats life.

#10 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

View Postbelpercfc, on Jan 10 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

Where's the value?

Depends why we want them.

If its an `impact signing` then there may be little value, if its cheap cover to sit on the bench, then its cost effective.
A new hope.

#11 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

If the players are good enough to improve a team at the upper reaches of league 2 they must still be on the verge of playing league one status. ie a squad player. How many of them players are about and how many clubs would be willing to let them go at this stage of the season with most teams still in with a shout of the play offs or being dragged into a relegation dog fight. We all know we need it but it might not be as easy to do as we would like even if money is available.

#12 User is offline   S18Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

JCR, O'Hara, Clingan, Hurst - all young

Critchell, Daniels, Meredith, Fowler - all young

You win some, you lose some
flat-pack my ar se

#13 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 10 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

We are Chesterfield,we are strapped for cash,we need a new stadium,these are 3 very good resons why we have to keep to a tight budget,we don't like it but there you go thats life.

According to the Hubbard we have a millionaire invester l ;) ined up, so what is the problem?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#14 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

According to the Hubbard we have a millionaire invester l ;) ined up, so what is the problem?

LOL fishi i have just told you.

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 10 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

LOL fishi i have just told you.

1 millionaire = money
0 millionaire = no money
Hubbard says we have a millionaire lined up which = money does it not? So why do it on the cheap? Unless it was twaddle could that be the answer? ;)
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

1 millionaire = money
0 millionaire = no money
Hubbard says we have a millionaire lined up which = money does it not? So why do it on the cheap? Unless it was twaddle could that be the answer? ;)

Where does the millionaire come into it,any investor will be for the new stadium,lets wait and see fishi before you decry anything,like i keep saying until all the other parties have finalised there ends we are lumbered.

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 10 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

Where does the millionaire come into it,any investor will be for the new stadium,lets wait and see fishi before you decry anything,like i keep saying until all the other parties have finalised there ends we are lumbered.

If there is no news on the 24th we are up poo creek without a paddle, lets hope the Hubbard finally for once gives us some honest factual news not just false hopes and good helpings of pie in the sky
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Jan 10 2008, 08:17 PM, said:

they are not money signings, just loan players
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#19 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 10 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

So, stadium before promotion?
I'd rather us go out spend some money on some decent loanees or signings with some expierience than put money away for a stadium project that isnt going to happen in whats probably my life time.
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#20 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 10 2008, 09:52 PM, said:

they are not money signings, just loan players

still have to be paid though

View PostTom CFC, on Jan 10 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

So, stadium before promotion?
I'd rather us go out spend some money on some decent loanees or signings with some expierience than put money away for a stadium project that isnt going to happen in whats probably my life time.

According to some on here I am the only with these beliefs in the prospect of the new ground ;) Well SB seems you are wrong again :lol:
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users