Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Never a penalty! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Never a penalty! Having watched the highlights on here...

#21 User is offline   Spartan141 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

when i got back to the office in sheffield to play out i reviewed the so called foul a few times and still say it was not a penno no way said it at the time cos i got a good view up there in that gantry and it was from my side of the pitch the view was spot on no peno...the ref got it wrong and the attacker made a meal of it it was him that ran into downs

#22 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

View Postblueblah, on Jan 7 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

when i got back to the office in sheffield to play out i reviewed the so called foul a few times and still say it was not a penno no way said it at the time cos i got a good view up there in that gantry and it was from my side of the pitch the view was spot on no peno...the ref got it wrong and the attacker made a meal of it it was him that ran into downs

Grimsby were awarded a penalty and scored. Get over it.
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:59 AM

Disgraceful peno. Even Grimsby fans appealed half-heartedly.

#24 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

View PostHaslandboi, on Jan 8 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

Disgraceful peno. Even Grimsby fans appealed half-heartedly.

to be fair,i was in line with the ball and what virgin and sw dosent show is the angle that downes was running at,he was veering away from the ball and obstructing their player ,as soon as their was minimal contact in the box their player went down,it was one of those where wherever you were in the ground you couldnt see either the contact between the players or the obstructive run of downes,the ref obviously was best placed to see both,but it was in hindsight a tad harsh
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#25 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 8 2008, 08:31 AM, said:

to be fair,i was in line with the ball and what virgin and sw dosent show is the angle that downes was running at,he was veering away from the ball and obstructing their player

Not entirely true because if you watch the highlights on the Sky Show last night the attacker actually veers into Downes and tries to shoulder barge him out of the way and just bounces of him and falls over after kicking the back of Downes leg. At the time i was stood directly in line on the Kop and saw it exactly the same way. Probably wasnt the greatest of defending to let the striker get into that position in the first place but he actually recovered well and got into a position where the striker was going away from goal and was inbetween the ball and the attacker hence the attacker trying to shift him out of the way.

#26 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

View PostJonB, on Jan 8 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

Not entirely true because if you watch the highlights on the Sky Show last night the attacker actually veers into Downes and tries to shoulder barge him out of the way and just bounces of him and falls over after kicking the back of Downes leg. At the time i was stood directly in line on the Kop and saw it exactly the same way. Probably wasnt the greatest of defending to let the striker get into that position in the first place but he actually recovered well and got into a position where the striker was going away from goal and was inbetween the ball and the attacker hence the attacker trying to shift him out of the way.

does anyone realise how there attack started though??

We have the ball outwide on the right ball came in and was dropped at the feet of Robertson who for some reason took a touch and a step back to hit the ball (when he should have hit it first time). Once again its our side again dithering about hitting a ball first time.

#27 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

View PostJonB, on Jan 8 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

not seen the sky highlights,at first in the ground i was convinced downes had obstructed him,but it was on reflection a tad harsh,we just didnt have the rub of the green on the day

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 8 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

not seen the sky highlights,at first in the ground i was convinced downes had obstructed him,but it was on reflection a tad harsh,we just didnt have the rub of the green on the day

Downes never changed direction whilst running whereas the attacker did to try and barge him out of the way, actually fouling him probably, but bounced off him and then kicked the back of Downes leg tripping them both....how that is a pen i will never know. I thought the same at the ground as well.

#29 User is offline   spireiteluke 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching Chesterfield FC<br />Playing Pool/Snooker<br />Walking<br />

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

I must admit I thought it was a penalty but Ive not seen the highlights so I could be wrong. Downes has been costly though with giving penalties lately like Tranmere, Accrington Stanley and Grimsby.
SPIREITE TILL I DIE!!!!!!

#30 User is offline   S18Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jan 7 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

Grimsby were awarded a penalty and scored. Get over it.

yes...absolutely...what's done is done

however if we take a look back at what actually happened then we can start absolving the rather harsh blame that AD got on here after the match on Saturday.

Look at Luke's comment above...those who have not watched the highlights automatically assume that Downes was in the wrong.

Let's back the boys...especially when there's such substantial evidence to support them with
flat-pack my ar se

#31 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

View Postspireiteluke, on Jan 8 2008, 11:16 AM, said:

I must admit I thought it was a penalty but Ive not seen the highlights so I could be wrong. Downes has been costly though with giving penalties lately like Tranmere, Accrington Stanley and Grimsby.

You thought it was a penalty?

How???????????????????

View PostS18Spireite, on Jan 8 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

yes...absolutely...what's done is done

however if we take a look back at what actually happened then we can start absolving the rather harsh blame that AD got on here after the match on Saturday.

Look at Luke's comment above...those who have not watched the highlights automatically assume that Downes was in the wrong.

Let's back the boys...especially when there's such substantial evidence to support them with

Exactly why I started this thread.

#32 User is offline   spireiteluke 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching Chesterfield FC<br />Playing Pool/Snooker<br />Walking<br />

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:53 AM

View PostGlobalSpire, on Jan 8 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

You thought it was a penalty?

How???????????????????
Exactly why I started this thread.

Looking at it again, it didnt look like a penalty. I were wrong, it just looked like it from where I was.
SPIREITE TILL I DIE!!!!!!

#33 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

at the end of the day it came from Robertson taking extra touches and wanting steps back to take a shot and not f***ing shooting 1st time.

*sorry for ranting a tiny bit stupid driver on Dronny Bypass going at 20Mph made me late for work (blummin highway maintanence <_< )

This post has been edited by Alex Green: 09 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

#34 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

View PostJonB, on Jan 8 2008, 09:54 AM, said:

Downes never changed direction whilst running whereas the attacker did to try and barge him out of the way, actually fouling him probably, but bounced off him and then kicked the back of Downes leg tripping them both....how that is a pen i will never know. I thought the same at the ground as well.

downes definately veered to the right,i could clearly see it from the kop,i couldnt see the contact properly though,if you werent in line you wouldnt be able to see it,the cameras dont show it

#35 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 9 2008, 01:45 PM, said:

downes definately veered to the right,i could clearly see it from the kop,i couldnt see the contact properly though,if you werent in line you wouldnt be able to see it,the cameras dont show it

<_< What was he expected to do? Couldn't make much of a challenge veering to the left! I wasn't far off the action and I can tell you there was little contact. Never a penalty.
Many a good tune

#36 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Jan 9 2008, 02:46 PM, said:

<_< What was he expected to do? Couldn't make much of a challenge veering to the left! I wasn't far off the action and I can tell you there was little contact. Never a penalty.

think we might as well draw a line through this thread now ,its happened and has gone

#37 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 9 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

think we might as well draw a line through this thread now ,its happened and has gone

You can never draw a line through it though,there will be other decisions to debate whatever ppl think they are part and parcel of the game and there decisions ultimately affect results etc,it is just some ppl are happy for these misdemeanors to go by without a word said against these officials,weird really ;)

#38 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

View Postspireiteluke, on Jan 9 2008, 08:53 AM, said:

Looking at it again, it didnt look like a penalty. I were wrong, it just looked like it from where I was.

Maybe the ref was viewing form the same angle as you then.

#39 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Jan 9 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

Maybe the ref was viewing form the same angle as you then.

The ref was closer than any of us so what does that tell you ;) he saw something that wasn't there...

#40 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

problem is downes has a dirty reputation now, thats 3-4 pens in his last 8 games he's given away

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users