Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Rommy Boco Cmon Town Treat Him Right - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rommy Boco Cmon Town Treat Him Right

#1 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

rommy boco really puts hell of effort and remember helps gnando with his french on the field , hes packing pies two nights a week its scandulous cmon chesterfield give the guy a contract ,even if its a year CONTRACT

#2 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

Pretty certain he's been offered one

#3 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

He's been offered a contract and its still there for him to sign by all accounts...for whatever reason he hasnt done and is preferring to train, play and pack pies. I'm sure his mate from Plymouth will be along shortly to tell us how Cook has Rommy locked in a room bar letting him out to play and work but Cook doesnt come across as the sort of person to string someone along especially with the history between the pair.

#4 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

He might love pie packin'.

#5 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostJonB, on 14 January 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

He's been offered a contract and its still there for him to sign by all accounts...for whatever reason he hasnt done and is preferring to train, play and pack pies. I'm sure his mate from Plymouth will be along shortly to tell us how Cook has Rommy locked in a room bar letting him out to play and work but Cook doesnt come across as the sort of person to string someone along especially with the history between the pair.

My take on this is that Boco, whether on non contract or contract terms, can't earn the same as he did at Plymuff. So as he's used to that amount of disposable income, he's taken a part time job.
PS, he pulled off one of the best bits of instant control I've seen in years last night. Technically, he's superb. He might get another international call up.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#6 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

View Postdim view, on 14 January 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

My take on this is that Boco, whether on non contract or contract terms, can't earn the same as he did at Plymuff. So as he's used to that amount of disposable income, he's taken a part time job.
PS, he pulled off one of the best bits of instant control I've seen in years last night. Technically, he's superb. He might get another international call up.

Yep...cracking first touch to pull it out of the air but then the next few touches and eventual pass left us in a spot of bother and a hurried clearance from Tommy i think!!

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

are we pretending he wasn't absolutely shocking last night?

#8 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

He was very hit and miss...for everything he did right he had a moment where it went belly up. See my example of the great touch to pluck it out of the air followed by messing about with it, a poor pass and it leads to a hurried clearance from our keeper.

#9 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostJonB, on 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

He was very hit and miss...for everything he did right he had a moment where it went belly up. See my example of the great touch to pluck it out of the air followed by messing about with it, a poor pass and it leads to a hurried clearance from our keeper.

mm. don't get me wrong he was certainly trying but he gave the ball away far too often, i was begging for him and ritchie to be subbed off straight after HT

#10 User is offline   stocko_93 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

mm. don't get me wrong he was certainly trying but he gave the ball away far too often, i was begging for him and ritchie to be subbed off straight after HT

you could have said the same about Roberts, he gave the ball away too many times last night and looked to rush things a lot.

#11 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Same as Roberts tbf, neither lacked effort but both were off with their passing. Armand wasn't great either, but then again most of the side weren't on top of their game last night which is very understandable with all the matches they've played of late. Plus Scunny made it hard for us as they chased everything done and we didn't seem to have our normal zip to ping the passes about to make them look like mugs. Doesn't matter, they boys (including Boco) did brilliantly to see it through and get the result (shame we had to endure extra time thought, it was the last thing they needed with a trip to the league leaders on Saturday).

View Poststocko_93, on 14 January 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

you could have said the same about Roberts, he gave the ball away too many times last night and looked to rush things a lot.

Snap :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#12 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

Roberts gave it away a lot but his quality shone through when he assisted the assist for our first goal (belter of a pass) - he also found our players with some lovely balls forwards at times which Boco didn't and cannot do.

#13 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Little bit harsh. Just not as outstanding as he has been. Those Mo Farah lungs were running on fumes a little last night.

#14 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 14 January 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

rommy boco really puts hell of effort and remember helps gnando with his french on the field , hes packing pies two nights a week its scandulous cmon chesterfield give the guy a contract ,even if its a year CONTRACT

I can't get my head round why a regular in a decent League One outfit stays on non-contract terms, seemingly at his own free will. Special relationship or not, it's baffling. There must be a far bigger picture here...
We're on our way

#15 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Roberts gave it away a lot but his quality shone through when he assisted the assist for our first goal (belter of a pass) - he also found our players with some lovely balls forwards at times which Boco didn't and cannot do.

At times i thought Roberts was trying a bit to hard to get one over on the Scunny fans by scoring or alike.

#16 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 January 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Boco has been superb lately since getting back into the side, but I do agree with you that this comes a slight cost to our offensive play, as even though he contributes well to our attacking play (driving forwards, passes, shots) none of the really trouble the opposition where it really hurts. Good as he is (and he is, he's just not got that extra bit that makes him into a player that's going to find the assists and goals. On the plus side he works really hard for the team, has good balance, wins a hell of a lot of possession and is the best header at the club. Instead of teaching Armand to speak English, perhaps he should teach him to head :rolleyes:

View PostJonB, on 14 January 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

At times i thought Roberts was trying a bit to hard to get one over on the Scunny fans by scoring or alike.

Same as, I didn't think he had a good game last night, though he'd been virtually unplayable of late, he's been that good.

View PostMac, on 14 January 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I can't get my head round why a regular in a decent League One outfit stays on non-contract terms, seemingly at his own free will. Special relationship or not, it's baffling. There must be a far bigger picture here...

Yeah, the contracts probably $h!# (so he's probably keeping his options open which tbf if that's the case I don't blame him).
#notapennymore

#17 User is offline   stocko_93 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

and wait Boco has a part time job?

#18 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 14 January 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Boco has been superb lately since getting back into the side, but I do agree with you that this comes a slight cost to our offensive play, as even though he contributes well to our attacking play (driving forwards, passes, shots) none of the really trouble the opposition where it really hurts. Good as he is (and he is, he's just not got that extra bit that makes him into a player that's going to find the assists and goals.

I could have sworn Armand headed in Boco's superb cross last satday.

Boco is an integral part of all our link play. Pass, move, receive.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#19 User is online   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostMac, on 14 January 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I imagine a non-contract playing contract is pretty beneficial if you are actually playing (i.e. paid per performance). There was a long period where Rommy was not in the team, when I imagine he wasn't earning much at all (probably just a retainer). I am sure he is doing nicely now he is playing, but we should still get him signed up.

#20 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

View Poststocko_93, on 14 January 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

and wait Boco has a part time job?

Yes he is working afternoons at Jacksons packing pies

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic