• You cannot reply to this topic

Any Rumours?

#141 User is online   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:08 AM

azul, on 25 April 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Is there actually a genuine rumour about Conn-Clarke or his he just on some peoples wish list? I also wonder at what point Cook gave up on Dallas? Probably way before many on this message board.

Yep the Dallas stuff was dragged out by some on social media claiming he was going to sign about 4 or 5 times when in reality i suspect the club had moved on from him a long time before all that. In terms of Conn-Clarke there have been a couple of rumours from CFC supporting type folk saying word from this or that is that Conn-Clarke is a target\will be the first signing etc but nothing that seems very concrete really.

#142 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:20 AM

Bit like Dallas useful smokescreen for another target?
Interesting times ahead?

#143 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:32 AM

danblue, on 25 April 2024 - 06:34 AM, said:

A very good point. Who does Cook drop to accommodate Conn Clarke?
We have an embarrassment of riches going forward, it's the defensive side if thinks which needs addressing

Does anybody actually get dropped in what is now a squad game with players rotating both during games and from match to match?

Then, of course, this “who do we drop”” argument falls by the wayside when one or two of the “who” get injured, suspended, or lose form.

#144 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:34 AM

JonB, on 25 April 2024 - 07:23 AM, said:

I suppose the flip side is looking forward he is potentially a valuable asset...if he has a couple of good seasons, even one good season we could be looking at selling for a good profit.

Isn't he at that point now and on the radar of clubs a bit higher up the pyramid?

However one scout I spoke to spoke of him lacking athleticism, so its possible that the importance placed on data these days may count against him.
We're on our way

#145 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:38 AM

Mac, on 25 April 2024 - 08:34 AM, said:

Isn't he at that point now and on the radar of clubs a bit higher up the pyramid?

However one scout I spoke to spoke of him lacking athleticism, so its possible that the importance placed on data these days may count against him.

Yep that's his main Con (hehe). Athleticism/stamina. I think he pretty much said that himself in the podcast with the Boreham Wood boys, Fyfield & Femi.

#146 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:40 AM

People said that about Dallas and in the end he got his move, pretty ill judged by Barnsley by the looks. Not sure about Conn-Clarke, think this scout of yours has a point.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#147 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:55 AM

Possibly so but you wonder if clubs higher up are a bit reluctant to take a punt on him but could if he had a good season or two with us in League 2

#148 User is offline   baldyblu 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:13 AM

Certainly carrying a bit of timber when I've seen him on TV and live.maybe a solid pre-season at the Erwin might sort him

#149 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:19 AM

spireitetoo, on 25 April 2024 - 07:16 AM, said:

How much have we missed colclough, or dobra when not available, or even mandy, con Clarke would be great addition to the squad, you can never have enough quality, that said I can't see it happening, he will command a big fee, and a big wage, taking up a good chunk of the budget

Con Clarke is out of contract I think end of season so be no Fee if true. just wage to sort out. so rumours could be true that he's signing for us . like I said on another post I have heard it's a done deal. time will tell .

#150 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:28 AM

Seen the stuff about him being out of contract but it doesnt add up, they paid a club record fee for him and then not putting him on a longer contract seems strange. For him to be out of contract it would have to have been a one year contract he signed as he signed permanently on the 16th June 2023.

This post has been edited by JonB: 25 April 2024 - 09:29 AM

#151 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:24 AM

tedspireite, on 25 April 2024 - 09:19 AM, said:

Con Clarke is out of contract I think end of season so be no Fee if true. just wage to sort out. so rumours could be true that he's signing for us . like I said on another post I have heard it's a done deal. time will tell .

I personally think that Jacob's contract plays a big part in this. It's not clear from the DT article whether he is or is not OOC, but if he's here next year we can't just say more options are ideal, there's also the spend required to accommodate this. If Jacobs is released then we can easily afford CC, if he isn't, it's problematic imo.

Another endearing slant on this is that I think (from Youtube) that CC very much looks up to Will Grigg.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#152 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:30 AM

dim view, on 25 April 2024 - 10:24 AM, said:

Another endearing slant on this is that I think (from Youtube) that CC very much looks up to Will Grigg.

I think he must do because he ain’t much taller than our own Armando Dobra.

Anyway, I agree, in the Fyfield podcast I saw some time ago he was very appreciative of Will Grigg.

#153 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:45 AM

I think people seem to be forgetting that Ollie Banks hasn't got a deal for next season yet. CC may be added to the ranks if Banks decides his future lies elsewhere.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#154 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:01 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 April 2024 - 10:24 AM, said:

I personally think that Jacob's contract plays a big part in this. It's not clear from the DT article whether he is or is not OOC, but if he's here next year we can't just say more options are ideal, there's also the spend required to accommodate this. If Jacobs is released then we can easily afford CC, if he isn't, it's problematic imo.

Tend to agree Dave, Jacobs only arrived i believe as a potential deal for Sbarra was scuppered by injury and his health issues last summer
Jacobs to be fair has shown some great touches etc but isnt in my preffered starting XI if others are available largely down to him being not the quickest
It will be interesting to see if the club take up the option for a further year

50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#155 User is online   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:19 AM

Mr Mercury, on 24 April 2024 - 10:15 PM, said:

Conn-Clarke, this summers Dallas? if Cook wants him then make a good offer, if he refuses the look elsewhere.

Doesn't any offer have to remain open for a fixed period (28 days maybe??) unless flatly refused by the player.

IF (and it is only an IF at this stage) we have made him an offer, there is no reason he can't use it as a bargaining chip elsewhere (presumably exactly how Dallas or moreover his Agent did).

#156 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:18 PM

Think Conn-Clarke is in danger of being another Dallas, the hype is greater than the reality.

Cook will know there are better players out there who will sign for him especially when they consider the season we have just had.

#157 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:20 PM

View PostBrookie, on 25 April 2024 - 12:18 PM, said:

Think Conn-Clarke is in danger of being another Dallas, the hype is greater than the reality.

Cook will know there are better players out there who will sign for him especially when they consider the season we have just had.

Yep, that's where I'm at on this.

#158 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:39 PM

Here is towns list of players for a reliable source

Nathan Byrne, Kane Thomson-Summers, DeJuane Brown, Kane Drummond

#159 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:52 PM

JonB, on 25 April 2024 - 08:08 AM, said:

Yep the Dallas stuff was dragged out by some on social media claiming he was going to sign about 4 or 5 times when in reality i suspect the club had moved on from him a long time before all that. In terms of Conn-Clarke there have been a couple of rumours from CFC supporting type folk saying word from this or that is that Conn-Clarke is a target\will be the first signing etc but nothing that seems very concrete really.

Club moved on from Dallas towards the end of June last year. If we can get Conn- Clarke I would snap him up! Creates goals, scores goals and is young.

#160 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:53 PM

None of them marquee signings if true. Aside from Byrne young developing players.

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users