Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Paul Cook's Successes - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paul Cook's Successes

#41 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 25 March 2024 - 03:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 March 2024 - 02:57 PM, said:

Is it me (it might well be!!) or am I right in thinking that there's been no in house interview of PC this weekend?
If so, it's a bit disappointing bearing in mind the magnitude of this achievement.

Been very noticeable at how far in the background he has been this weekend,could be lots of reasons,cannot believe it will be for any other reason than being at his request.Obviously brought up many memories of his Dad,we know he would want the squad to be taking the plaudits.Personally wouldn't be reading anything in to it other than that is PC?

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2024 - 03:16 PM

I think we all know now he's not bothered about interviews etc, he seemed to keen to get the TNT one over and done with and get on with being with his team.

#43 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 March 2024 - 03:35 PM

I would like a more considered one at the end of the season proper to round things up and set the scene for 24/25.

#44 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2024 - 03:35 PM

View PostJonB, on 25 March 2024 - 03:16 PM, said:

I think we all know now he's not bothered about interviews etc, he seemed to keen to get the TNT one over and done with and get on with being with his team.

I'm sure the Media team will recognise the importance of an interview to mark this occasion. I quite understand that there may not have been an opportunity yet but I hope they have summat in the diary for tomorrow.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#45 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 01:25 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 March 2024 - 10:59 AM, said:

Or, if they’re not available, what were they specifically?

Found the interview that the DT comments were taken from,from Phil Tooley 1866 on Friday morning,apologies I did not realise it was not from a Liam/DT interview.Listened last night and was well worth the time,the amount of injuries KD has had,exacerbated by his liver problems,is unbelievable.
He has totally,as have all at the club,bought in to PC's vision.Anyone with a hour to spare who has not heard this,definately worth a listen,and to KD,RESPECT.
Hope I have attached link correctly (probably not),if not it can be found on the CFC facebook,Friday's Weekend Warm Up:

Attached File  KD.html (448bytes)
Number of downloads: 86

#46 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 03:47 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 27 March 2024 - 01:25 PM, said:

Found the interview that the DT comments were taken from,from Phil Tooley 1866 on Friday morning,apologies I did not realise it was not from a Liam/DT interview.Listened last night and was well worth the time,the amount of injuries KD has had,exacerbated by his liver problems,is unbelievable.
He has totally,as have all at the club,bought in to PC's vision.Anyone with a hour to spare who has not heard this,definately worth a listen,and to KD,RESPECT.
Hope I have attached link correctly (probably not),if not it can be found on the CFC facebook,Friday's Weekend Warm Up:

Attachment KD.html

Thanks.
Strong words for any Jeff King knockers.

#47 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:24 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 27 March 2024 - 03:47 PM, said:

Thanks.

He's clearly matured after what life has thrown at him. A very good interview, he came across very well and spoke a lot of sense.

#48 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:09 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 24 March 2024 - 12:39 AM, said:

Eastleigh chucked some big money around. Them or York, but Oldham wasted money this season.

Almost certainly the top 3 there, with Town being in the top 4, similar to Eastleigh. York #1, Oldham #2

#49 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:32 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 27 March 2024 - 09:09 PM, said:

Almost certainly the top 3 there, with Town being in the top 4, similar to Eastleigh. York #1, Oldham #2

Whatever we have spent, we have spent well.

However, talk of comparing playing budgets with other clubs has to be taken with a pinch of salt as far as I'm concerned. In other words, are we comparing apples with apples? There is a significant amount of bonus payments due to the players which will almost certainly have been excluded from our calculations when benchmarking.

#50 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 28 March 2024 - 06:16 AM

View PostBlue5, on 27 March 2024 - 09:32 PM, said:

Whatever we have spent, we have spent well.

However, talk of comparing playing budgets with other clubs has to be taken with a pinch of salt as far as I'm concerned. In other words, are we comparing apples with apples? There is a significant amount of bonus payments due to the players which will almost certainly have been excluded from our calculations when benchmarking.

Surely apples to apples in this case means exactly that, you look at the expenditure for the season without promotion bonuses, otherwise you'd need to add in the theoretical bonuses of the others to get to the apples to apples.

We've clearly not been paupers in the National League this season but, as you say, we've spent our money well.

#51 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 01:43 PM

Attachment KD.html

Good to see how many hits on this link,hopefully it has allowed people who missed it to listen and hopefully enjoy as much as I did,it was an interview that deserves hearing in my opinion,also answers some questions that a lot of us have been privately (or otherwise) thinking regarding next season.

#52 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:14 PM

Attachment KD.html

Thank you, very interesting listen.
PS I got the wind up for a minute, KD to me is Kevin Davies !

#53 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:32 PM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 28 March 2024 - 04:14 PM, said:

Thank you, very interesting listen.
PS I got the wind up for a minute, KD to me is Kevin Davies !

Apologies again,never thought of the connection with Kev Davies.For clarification,my link to last Friday's Weekend Warm Up is regarding Kieron Dyer,not Kevin Davies!! :wacko:

#54 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:36 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 27 March 2024 - 03:47 PM, said:

Thanks.

What a fantastic interview, completely overcame any preconceptions I had about him. Let’s hope we can keep the whole management team, coaching staff and squad together for as long as possible and with a few tweaks and additions L1 might be sooner than we think!
East stand second class citizen.

#55 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:05 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 28 March 2024 - 08:36 PM, said:

What a fantastic interview, completely overcame any preconceptions I had about him. Let’s hope we can keep the whole management team, coaching staff and squad together for as long as possible and with a few tweaks and additions L1 might be sooner than we think!

I listened earlier too and was also very impressed with him. Well done to PT and Ellie for making it work so well.

#56 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:31 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 28 March 2024 - 08:36 PM, said:

It set me thinking that Harley Curtis should be given a chance on the basis that if KD says he can play, he can play. Maybe not as a sole striker but off the striker - not summat we've done this season.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#57 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2024 - 03:35 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 28 March 2024 - 04:32 PM, said:

Apologies again,never thought of the connection with Kev Davies.For clarification,my link to last Friday's Weekend Warm Up is regarding Kieron Dyer,not Kevin Davies!! :wacko:

Coincidentally the BBC have put up a 2 minute slot and video on their football home page of the Dyer v Bowyer (team mates) fight. As referenced in the interview.
Can’t post a link as I’ve accessed it through the BBC Sports app.

#58 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2024 - 04:25 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 March 2024 - 09:31 PM, said:

It set me thinking that Harley Curtis should be given a chance on the basis that if KD says he can play, he can play. Maybe not as a sole striker but off the striker - not summat we've done this season.

He certainly got well and truly stuck in when he came on in one of the friendlies. Impressively a bit KD esque.

#59 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 03 April 2024 - 07:01 PM

I would be inclined to agree but his time at King Lynn this season and his previous loan spell at Braintree whilst with Ipswich he didnt set the worls on fire
My limited viewings of him hardly suggest otherwise either
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#60 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2024 - 07:22 PM

Only seen the lad once, and that was in the six-one hammering of Southport.

Did quite well, too. Has a real turn of pace.

Question is - are folk happy to see us continue fielding squad players? Regardless of results?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users