Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Efl Reinstate Saturday 3Pm Blackout - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Efl Reinstate Saturday 3Pm Blackout

#1 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:36 PM

Assume that the National League will follow suit.

STREAMING

In respect of domestic streaming, the EFL will return to the position as was prior to the pandemic when the live broadcast or streaming of any match in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is prohibited between the hours of 2:45pm-5:15pm on Saturday afternoons.

EFL Clubs will have the right to live-stream midweek matches on iFollow or Club equivalent service, with Sky Sports also able to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their Red Button interactive and digital services.

https://www.efl.com/...-season-202122/

#2 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 August 2021 - 05:51 PM

No shock to be honest and fans in stadiums are even more vital for non league clubs due to list food/drink sales as well as corporate/hospitality

#3 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:07 AM

valemadness, on 03 August 2021 - 02:36 PM, said:

Assume that the National League will follow suit.

STREAMING

In respect of domestic streaming, the EFL will return to the position as was prior to the pandemic when the live broadcast or streaming of any match in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is prohibited between the hours of 2:45pm-5:15pm on Saturday afternoons.

EFL Clubs will have the right to live-stream midweek matches on iFollow or Club equivalent service, with Sky Sports also able to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their Red Button interactive and digital services.

Does this imply then that all NL midweek fixtures can be live streamed at the discretion of the home club? Whilst it will never be worthwhile for CFC to do it, we might get to see a few away matches.

Another question I'd have is.....What is the earliest time that a full away match recording can be shown? There seems to me that there might be a market for this, with folk willing to pay to watch either at home or at a suitable venue such as the CFC hospitality lounge/new social club.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#4 User is offline   Surrey Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:11 AM

No quibbles with it, though for the exiles like myself it was handy

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:47 AM

dim view, on 04 August 2021 - 07:07 AM, said:

Does this imply then that all NL midweek fixtures can be live streamed at the discretion of the home club? Whilst it will never be worthwhile for CFC to do it, we might get to see a few away matches.

Another question I'd have is.....What is the earliest time that a full away match recording can be shown? There seems to me that there might be a market for this, with folk willing to pay to watch either at home or at a suitable venue such as the CFC hospitality lounge/new social club.

I suspect they'd come under the same rules as the club highlights that normally cannot be released until the end of Sunday for Saturday games. Seem to remember the club making a big deal of releasing the Barnet highlights late Sunday night for people to watch.

The EFL midweek streams are part of the iFollow\Sky TV deal which is different to the rules for National League so i wouldnt get your hopes up about any midweek streams for our games.

#6 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:50 AM

In other news the club are announcing the details of their new digital platform later today that they've been teasing on social media. Suspect that covers live commentary of games etc.

#7 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:13 AM

JonB, on 04 August 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

In other news the club are announcing the details of their new digital platform later today that they've been teasing on social media. Suspect that covers live commentary of games etc.

1866 SPORT or 1866 SPIRE by the look of it

Hopefully it'll have some exclusive content during the week, and not just match comms etc.

#8 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

Sammy Spireite, on 04 August 2021 - 08:13 AM, said:

1866 SPORT or 1866 SPIRE by the look of it

Hopefully it'll have some exclusive content during the week, and not just match comms etc.

Our very own media empire. I wonder where the funding is coming from? I'm sure it will all become clear.

#9 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:48 AM

Quaker, on 04 August 2021 - 09:40 AM, said:

Our very own media empire. I wonder where the funding is coming from? I'm sure it will all become clear.

I suspect in theory a lot of the kit is in place. We have all the stuff for videoing games from last seasons streaming and the infrastructure is in place for everything as live commentary is done for most games anyway its just we are doing it ourselves not outsourcing it to one of the local radio stations. I see it more of rebranding of it all under one name more than starting anything new and big.

#10 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:50 AM

JonB, on 04 August 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

I suspect in theory a lot of the kit is in place. We have all the stuff for videoing games from last seasons streaming and the infrastructure is in place for everything as live commentary is done for most games anyway its just we are doing it ourselves not outsourcing it to one of the local radio stations. I see it more of rebranding of it all under one name more than starting anything new and big.

Plus as/when we do go up, we'll fall back under what ever blanket agreement the EFL have in place at the time and will have to relinquish control of the platform.

#11 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:20 AM

Dont think iFollow is a given, plenty dont bother...from here - https://www.efl.com/ifollow/

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2021/22 season who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest, Plymouth Argyle, QPR, Reading, Salford City, Sheffield United, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

Links to the streaming solutions these clubs provide are included above for supporters to get information on their streaming services.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users