• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Voices We have been so quiet!

#1 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm sure there are many who would agree with me that at recent away games and many home games, our vocal support has been DIRE. We can do so much better with the number of fans we take to most away games!

From the away games i have been to recently, there haven't been a great deal of vocal support coming from our fans. This must change! This is a rallying call to all Spireites heading to Bradford tomorrow night... If someone starts a song, don't be shy and keep quiet. Sing your heart out for the lads! Wouldn't it be nice if at the end of the game, Bradford fans came out of the ground thinking 'Those Chesterfield fans were noisy!'. I doubt very much that there have been any fans at away games this season who have said that!

We have the numbers! Now sing up and lets show PC and our team that Saturday really did give us a lift! Surely theres nothing better for our squad than knowing that we are right behind them every step of the way spurring them on!

So tomorrow night, remember to sing your heart out and make an atmosphere! PCs barmy army!
Twitter: Bodie0402

#2 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

BodieUK, on 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I'm sure there are many who would agree with me that at recent away games and many home games, our vocal support has been DIRE. We can do so much better with the number of fans we take to most away games!

From the away games i have been to recently, there haven't been a great deal of vocal support coming from our fans. This must change! This is a rallying call to all Spireites heading to Bradford tomorrow night... If someone starts a song, don't be shy and keep quiet. Sing your heart out for the lads! Wouldn't it be nice if at the end of the game, Bradford fans came out of the ground thinking 'Those Chesterfield fans were noisy!'. I doubt very much that there have been any fans at away games this season who have said that!

We have the numbers! Now sing up and lets show PC and our team that Saturday really did give us a lift! Surely theres nothing better for our squad than knowing that we are right behind them every step of the way spurring them on!

So tomorrow night, remember to sing your heart out and make an atmosphere! PCs barmy army!

:unsure: With the way we have played it's no wonder fans have been a bit nervous and quiet with their support.Saturdays performance and result has given everybody a lift and a bit of belief will have returned to the players and fans.Think we'll see,and hear,improved support for the team,so long as the standard is maintained. :wacko:
Many a good tune

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I remember being pretty quiet at Bradford when we were top of league and won there. It was one of about seven away games in about three weeks from memory.

#4 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

It's endemic through the English game though unless your team is doing well. More and more stadiums becoming all seated which saps the atmosphere if your not doing well, stewards getting more over zealous each season if you try make noise or jump around etc etc. There's loads of people in our Kop who shout you down or threaten to call stewards over if you make too much noise. I'd love to be part of one of following of the clubs who come over here from abroad, like Poznan for example or I think it was Wisla Krakow when they played Fulham, who just come over here and don't shut up for the full 90 minutes, there bouncing around all over the place and continually singing even during half time. Its a shame you don't really get that here anymore

This post has been edited by SpireiteFitzy: 05 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#5 User is offline   cfcblues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

our own stewards aren't much better

#6 User is offline   Sir Jack Lester 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

SpireiteFitzy, on 05 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

It's endemic through the English game though unless your team is doing well. More and more stadiums becoming all seated which saps the atmosphere if your not doing well, stewards getting more over zealous each season if you try make noise or jump around etc etc. There's loads of people in our Kop who shout you down or threaten to call stewards over if you make too much noise. I'd love to be part of one of following of the clubs who come over here from abroad, like Poznan for example or I think it was Wisla Krakow when they played Fulham, who just come over here and don't shut up for the full 90 minutes, there bouncing around all over the place and continually singing even during half time. Its a shame you don't really get that here anymore

#7 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Given what happened there the season before, its hardly surprising the stewards are/were over-zealous with our fans.

#8 User is offline   Sir Jack Lester 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

cfcblues, on 05 November 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

our own stewards aren't much better

I had an argument with a steward at the barnet game after my ticket didnt work and another town fan let me use his spare season ticket so i didnt have to go back to the ticket office and sort it out like this steward said i'd have to. This steward pulled me to one side at half time and said next time i tell you to do something, do it! Then when i tried getting my point across he just kept saying "end of conversation." His attitude was appalling.

#9 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sir Jack Lester, on 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

I had an argument with a steward at the barnet game after my ticket didnt work and another town fan let me use his spare season ticket so i didnt have to go back to the ticket office and sort it out like this steward said i'd have to. This steward pulled me to one side at half time and said next time i tell you to do something, do it! Then when i tried getting my point across he just kept saying "end of conversation." His attitude was appalling.

Lol. South stand by any chance?

The majority of stewards in that stand are embarrassing, low lifes on an ego boost.

This post has been edited by lindo-spireite: 06 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#10 User is offline   Sir Jack Lester 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah south stand.

#11 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything blue

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Sir Jack Lester, on 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

You should have dropped him then said "now its end of conversation"

This post has been edited by luke_younger: 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Never put a Scab in your mouth, Its just dirty

#12 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

luke_younger, on 06 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

You should have dropped him then said "now its end of conversation"

:lol:

#13 User is offline   Sir Jack Lester 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Haha Dropping him would have made me feel better. He were a lot larger than me tho! I did find him after half time and told him what I thought and asked him who the **** he thought he were talking to.

#14 User is offline   cfcblues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Should have told him to b***** like I did the prat on Saturday; never saw them again

#15 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

They are idiots. But atmosphere is dire at games, sat in south stand last 3 games and it has been awful, nodoy gets behind side at all, yet are B****Y quick to have a pop at Whittaker, Westcarr, Talbot etc when something goes wrong. Home games in particular have been poor. Hopefully this will turn around and atmosphere will actually return to games starting in Bristol on Sat!! Come on town fans, get behind em!

#16 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Let's turn up the volume, although the last Home game was Brilliant with just over 3,000 fans there. The Score Helped

#17 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

KevoBMMD, on 07 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Let's turn up the volume, although the last Home game was Brilliant with just over 3,000 fans there. The Score Helped

Whatever happened to that Alex Green that was always on here and at all away games etc. He always used to do a lot of singing and shouting? Not seen him at a game for ages or seen any posts on here for a while

#18 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Atmosphere was decent at the Hartlepool game, best or a while.

#19 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 07 November 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Whatever happened to that Alex Green that was always on here and at all away games etc. He always used to do a lot of singing and shouting? Not seen him at a game for ages or seen any posts on here for a while

Sticky situation

#20 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

lindo-spireite, on 07 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Sticky situation

?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)