• You cannot reply to this topic

Footy Scran

#21 User is online   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:21 PM

View PostDoreets, on 16 July 2023 - 07:17 PM, said:

Completely unrelated but whats the hospitality snap like?

It's good to be fair . Just enough on the 3 courses to say it is adequate and good quality
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#22 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:24 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 16 July 2023 - 07:13 PM, said:

Ain’t had any decent grub at the ground since they sacked off the Jackson’s pies.

They haven’t sacked off Jackson’s pies.

#23 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:28 PM

View PostCFC91, on 16 July 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

I did it. Think it was brought up in the first one maybe, obviously in one ear out the other…

And was debated and put to the board. Ultimately the club decide. The forum represents opinions of fans but can’t make decisions.

The forum vote was open to all. Did you apply?

Watch this space.

And yes I presented a problem but also a range of solutions.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#24 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 10:46 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 16 July 2023 - 07:32 PM, said:

Better than that burger that’s for sure.

Used to be good value in hospitality when we first moved to the ground but gone slowly downhill over the years..

It was full of away fans last time I went in and I never got my complimentary Buck’s Fizz either 🤨

1866 lounge was good last season. £7.00 for a served up buffet . Usually potato wedges with pie , mushy peas and gravy. I think we had a lasagne once or twice.

#25 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:22 AM

Yes the quality and pricing in the concourses need scrutiny. Has anyone done a comparison of other clubs ? and how we can improve both ?

#26 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:24 AM

Takes about 20 minutes to get served at HT anyway, absolute farce

#27 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:35 AM

We’ve had this topic before…the concourse food offering is embarrassing…they need to switch it up a lot or the food will run dry!

#28 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:39 AM

View PostGoku, on 17 July 2023 - 05:24 AM, said:

They need to put barriers in parallel to the serving area so it creates an organised queue because it’s just chaos getting served.
It will only be worse this season, I’d anticipate our highest average gayes this season so we’ll see regular 7-8k crowds

#29 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 06:21 AM

View PostGoku, on 17 July 2023 - 05:24 AM, said:

Bring back the corner pie kiosk from the saltergate kop where you could still watch the footy live while queueing up and not on a TV.

#30 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2023 - 06:27 AM

View PostCfc4me, on 17 July 2023 - 06:21 AM, said:

Bring back the corner pie kiosk from the saltergate kop where you could still watch the footy live while queueing up and not on a TV.

Although missed the odd late first half goal queueing at the kiosk under the end of the West Stand (accessed from the Kop) because of the overlapping wall which blocked any view of the pitch.

#31 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 06:45 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 July 2023 - 06:27 AM, said:

Although missed the odd late first half goal queueing at the kiosk under the end of the West Stand (accessed from the Kop) because of the overlapping wall which blocked any view of the pitch.

Forgot about that one down there. Remember it now though, the queue always moved sideways if it sounded like we were on the attack. The one right in the top corner was a great view.

#32 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 17 July 2023 - 06:54 AM

View PostDoreets, on 16 July 2023 - 07:17 PM, said:

Completely unrelated but whats the hospitality snap like?

I did hospitality at the Sheff Wed game. Not sure if that was a one off due to Drew, but I’ve never seen so many people in that lounge. They’d crammed a load more tables in including tables for 2 and 4 people down the side. Maybe this is the Kirk’s maximising the revenue stream, fair enough. The snap was very good as usual, and plenty of staff on. Only 2 courses, no welcoming drink, and I’m sure car parking used to be included?? As I say, if this was a one off cos it was cheap at £50, then no probs. But I get a feeling this may be a victim of some cost cutting…..can anyone compare it with the Sheff yoo game?

#33 User is offline   TheCraftyBugger 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers, Xbox 360, Xbox One and the Mighty Spireites!

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:08 AM

View Posterniemossity, on 17 July 2023 - 06:54 AM, said:

I did hospitality at the Sheff Wed game. Not sure if that was a one off due to Drew, but I’ve never seen so many people in that lounge. They’d crammed a load more tables in including tables for 2 and 4 people down the side. Maybe this is the Kirk’s maximising the revenue stream, fair enough. The snap was very good as usual, and plenty of staff on. Only 2 courses, no welcoming drink, and I’m sure car parking used to be included?? As I say, if this was a one off cos it was cheap at £50, then no probs. But I get a feeling this may be a victim of some cost cutting…..can anyone compare it with the Sheff yoo game?

Was only 2 courses at the Sheff U game but if I remember right, cup games and friendlies usually are 2 courses and from what I saw regarding tables and people was about standard for a normal match day certainly not cramped. I've got a season ticket in hospitality this season and it came with car parking.

#34 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:19 AM

Our concourse food is really poor, certainly not value for money. Anyone who buys a dry burger for £5 needs their head looking at. I very really use the concourse now, I buy a costa coffee and a panini to take in if I want something to eat, its far cheaper and loads better quality. I actually had a pie at the Wednesday game, it was absolutely rank. Do we not do Jacksons pies anymore or have they gone downhill?

#35 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:27 AM

View PostQuaker, on 17 July 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

Our concourse food is really poor, certainly not value for money. Anyone who buys a dry burger for £5 needs their head looking at. I very really use the concourse now, I buy a costa coffee and a panini to take in if I want something to eat, its far cheaper and loads better quality. I actually had a pie at the Wednesday game, it was absolutely rank. Do we not do Jacksons pies anymore or have they gone downhill?

There are loads of ways to improve the concourse / food & drink experience. It's wether the club can be bothered to put the idea into practice.

#36 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:38 AM

There are teams in the 4th/5th/6th tier of non league that offer better quality and better value food than we do. It just needs some looking into. Don’t we have a commercial team?

#37 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:43 AM

View PostLondonBlue, on 17 July 2023 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are teams in the 4th/5th/6th tier of non league that offer better quality and better value food than we do. It just needs some looking into. Don’t we have a commercial team?

They've been crap just about every away game I've been to, often just a shed with one or two serving.

#38 User is offline   jamie_bolsover 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town n That, Rock Music, Punk, Folk Music, Ale, Whisky.

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:48 AM

I support the club as much as I can but I draw the line at food within the stadium, its not so much the price, its how dire it is and it is absolutely dire, the wooden shacks of Saltergate delivered better. I used to get the odd pie when we first moved when (as someone else stated) Jackson's provided but now I really cannot remember the last time I had food in the ground.
"one day, we shall return"

#39 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:59 AM

View Postdanblue, on 17 July 2023 - 07:27 AM, said:

There are loads of ways to improve the concourse / food & drink experience. It's wether the club can be bothered to put the idea into practice.

There are plans to change the way food and drink is served. Drink only queues etc.

What are your suggestions? I’ll save you the effort and copy and paste the forum on this occasion.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#40 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2023 - 08:15 AM

View Posts42blue, on 17 July 2023 - 07:59 AM, said:

There are plans to change the way food and drink is served. Drink only queues etc.

What are your suggestions? I’ll save you the effort and copy and paste the forum on this occasion.

It would be a really big shift in how we set up but I’d like to see us offer more variety on food

There’s plenty of options we could serve in a box like others have done - when I emailed the forum i citied Stockport, Bradford and Grimsby as examples of sides doing this - loaded fries, curry/rice, noodles etc as things they were knocking out alongside the more traditional offerings + pizza

To do a lot of this I know we’d need to prepare elsewhere in the kitchens or offsite and being in to sell on the concourses but I’m sure a local business could support for a cut.

Sausage rolls being the same price as pies is scandalous as well, value wise they should be at least £1 cheaper.

Halifax in our league, and I think Wealdstone perhaps have outsourced their catering by the looks of it but provide decent food that’s again a bit different.

On drinks - the obvious things to do are either drinks only queues, or start selling bottled beer for lager / cider and keep the draught to things like Golden Bud etc

We used to pre pour pints and have them all lined up before HT at about 2/3rds full and just top them up and knock them out quicker. No reason why we can’t do that. I actually had a Madri in the ground on Saturday and thought it wasn’t bad, certainly no worse than any other pint in a plastic glass generally. It’s £5 though so would expect a degree of quality about it

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users