• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CFSS Board members

#1 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:25 AM

Should they reveal their true identity when using the messageboard?

I think they should, unless of course they have something to hide and if they have, should they really be on the board of CFSS?

Lets encourage some transparency and maybe the will be more open.

#2 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

I don't know why anyone wants to use a false name to be honest. I mean, some who use a name that portrays their favourite band or sports personality etc. could still show that in their picture. However, most people will give their name when asked. You know who you are! It's the people who won't admit their identity that do my head in. The word 'coward' springs to mind....

#3 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

spireloz, on Jun 22 2005, 09:57 AM, said:

I don't know why anyone wants to use a false name to be honest. I mean, some who use a name that portrays their favourite band or sports personality etc. could still show that in their picture. However, most people will give their name when asked. You know who you are! It's the people who won't admit their identity that do my head in. The word 'coward' springs to mind....
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point of the post though is to bring some of the CFSS Board members who use the messageboard into the open, I cant understand why they feel the need to hide.

I am not too worried about other folks but these people are put there by members so why hide from them?

#4 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:07 AM

It's beyond me. Doubt very much you will get an answer or explanation though. Worth a try, but let's not hold our breath..

#5 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:37 PM

spireloz, on Jun 22 2005, 10:07 AM, said:

It's beyond me. Doubt very much you will get an answer or explanation though. Worth a try, but let's not hold our breath..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you 2 on this one - in my opinion there are 2 things to consider.

Firstly, if you are hiding behind an alias is this so that you can post things anonymously?

Secondly, if you are posting things anonymously (and sometimes making personal comments) then are you worthy of a position on the CFSS board.

I know of at least one poster on here who is a member of the CFSS board who uses an alias - I shalln't name him it is not my place to, it is their right to stay anonymous if they so wish, but when it comes to re-electing the CFSS board in the sping I wonder if they will come out of the woodwork? I fear not.

On a seperate note do people think that members of the CFSS board should have their identity revealed wether they like it or not - after all they are board members "working" on our behalf, shouldn't we all be able to see what they are posting?
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#6 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

I thought it was agreed (well over a year ago) that board members should only post under their real names, just to keep a sense of transparancy with regard to their statements.
I didn't realise that had changed.

#7 User is offline   manc_spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

dannypearson, on Jun 22 2005, 01:37 PM, said:

I know of at least one poster on here who is a member of the CFSS board who uses an alias
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is it that ptooley fella?
B)
i reckon it is.....

but then i'm posting anonymously as well......it could be me......doh!

but seriously, i don't have a problem with them remaining anonymous - primarily because this board, while being a forum for cfss & other cfc fans, doesn't have widespread access to fans of the club. as such, using it for annoucements seems:
a) self-limiting
B) divisive - in an 'us vs them' way

if board members (of cfss or cfc) wish to make annoucements then it should be done through the website, in combination with other forms of local media - links can then be placed here for all to see.
similarly, anyone with a question for cfss is aware of the various ways to get hold of them, and can do so - the response is then personal, if that person then decides to post it here then that's THEIR information to share
(course if cfss keep having to answer the same questions, then presumably they'd address it in the way they would any other announcements)

and loz, if you really want to know my name, you just have to ask :P

#8 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

manc_spire, on Jun 22 2005, 02:11 PM, said:

is it that ptooley fella?
B)
i reckon it is.....

but then i'm posting anonymously as well......it could be me......doh!

but seriously, i don't have a problem with them remaining anonymous - primarily because this board, while being a forum for cfss & other cfc fans, doesn't have widespread access to fans of the club. as such, using it for annoucements seems:
a) self-limiting
B) divisive - in an 'us vs them' way

if board members (of cfss or cfc) wish to make annoucements then it should be done through the website, in combination with other forms of local media - links can then be placed here for all to see.
similarly, anyone with a question for cfss is aware of the various ways to get hold of them, and can do so - the response is then personal, if that person then decides to post it here then that's THEIR information to share
(course if cfss keep having to answer the same questions, then presumably they'd address it in the way they would any other announcements)

and loz, if you really want to know my name, you just have to ask  B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol. What's your name manc-spire! :P

#9 User is offline   manc_spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

spireloz, on Jun 22 2005, 03:48 PM, said:

Lol. What's your name manc-spire!  B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, i can't say HERE obviously.....course if you PM me..... :P

#10 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

manc_spire, on Jun 22 2005, 02:50 PM, said:

well, i can't say HERE obviously.....course if you PM me..... :P
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not? Are you shy? B)

#11 User is offline   manc_spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

spireloz, on Jun 22 2005, 03:53 PM, said:

Why not? Are you shy?  :P
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aye, that's me, shy & retiring B)

#12 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Andy,

You stick to your guns, don't tell her!

#13 User is offline   manc_spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

Denny, on Jun 22 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

Andy,

You stick to your guns, don't tell her!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*shakes fist in silent rage*

#14 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

Mark Jones, on Jun 22 2005, 09:00 AM, said:

The point of the post though is to bring some of the CFSS Board members who use the messageboard  into the open, I cant understand why they feel the need to hide.

I am not too worried about other folks but these people are put there by members so why hide from them?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello again. Can I clarify a few things for people?.
1. the elections are in the autumn.
2. Although it's not really worth it now, there are already plenty of spaces on the Board, so unless anyone's being especially vindictive, there's no need to get rid of anybody.
3. Board policy on anonimity for Board members is that it should not be used to discuss privileged (ie non published) information.

The problem Mark is of course with policing your suggestion. There are some Board members like me who think that a pet name is useful. I think it's useful because it should keep postings impersonal and hopefully cut out some of the vitriol. I enjoy changing it when I'm forced to re-register, but don't give a monkeys if people know who it really is. There are some Board members who post using their own names when it suits, but also have a top secret name or names.

So Mark, how would you tell whether a CFC or CFSS Board member was working under an alias?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#15 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

dim view, on Jun 22 2005, 10:25 PM, said:

2. Although it's not really worth it now, there are already plenty of spaces on the Board, so unless anyone's being especially vindictive, there's no need to get rid of anybody.
3. Board policy on anonimity for Board members is that it should not be used to discuss privileged (ie non published) information.

The problem Mark is of course with policing your suggestion. There are some Board members like me who think that a pet name is useful. I think it's useful because it should keep postings impersonal and hopefully cut out some of the vitriol. I enjoy changing it when I'm forced to re-register, but don't give a monkeys if people know who it really is.   There are some Board members who post using their own names when it suits, but also have a top secret name or names.  

So Mark, how would you tell whether a CFC or CFSS Board member was working under an alias?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we would like to think we could trust the respective people

#16 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I don't know Dave you tell me
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#17 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:31 PM

dim view, on Jun 22 2005, 10:25 PM, said:

The problem Mark is of course with policing your suggestion. There are some Board members like me who think that a pet name is useful. I think it's useful because it should keep postings impersonal and hopefully cut out some of the vitriol. I enjoy changing it when I'm forced to re-register, but don't give a monkeys if people know who it really is.  There are some Board members who post using their own names when it suits, but also have a top secret name or names. 
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that saying that you would post privileged information under an alias, if not please explain (for the hard of thinking - ie me) why that is a relevant answer?

Are you also suggesting that some CFC /CFSS board members have 2 user names, so that they can post under one name what they want to and hide behind another name when it suits them. That is quite an accusation to make if you have no proof, you are suggesting that they do not want people to know it is them that is posting, and in my opinion if they want to be secretive (or more devious as you are implying) they do not deserve the role of represting us.

#18 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:33 PM

And here's me thinking this was a message board, sounds more like the SS. Think i'll leave you all to it and come back as a man in disguise. Throw a bit of mud, accusations, lies. Under a false name of course. This is ridiculous. You're all welcome to it. Goodbye.

#19 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

[quote name='Webster' date='Jun 22 2005, 09:29 PM']
[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]
I don't know Dave you tell me
[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]

lol
very witty. It did occur to me that you might be able to tell. Well, cough up. Tell Mark who they all are.
You should post more often, (or maybe you already do).
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#20 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

any reason why you chose not to answer my question dim?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users