• You cannot reply to this topic

Allen Out

#61 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:22 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 03 November 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

16 dog and duck games and no wins. We deliberately slow the game down from minute one and make it a scrap due to a complete lack of ability. Everyone is rightly complaining, it’s pathetic to watch.

I respect your opinion even if I defenitely do not agree with it especially in the home matches

#62 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 03 November 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

16 dog and duck games and no wins. We deliberately slow the game down from minute one and make it a scrap due to a complete lack of ability. Everyone is rightly complaining, it’s pathetic to watch.

Were you there today, stb?

#63 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:24 PM

View Posthilly81, on 03 November 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Don’t have a dog mate. Got fish though.

We will go with the fish then. Couldn’t do much worse.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#64 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostMacSpire, on 03 November 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Shaw has been a disaster, as has Muggleton, as has Nelson, Reid, ad nauseum. Allen out.

Yep, Shaw has been a disappointment. He brought Muggs in for his long throw, I can understand that, he brought Nelson in because he was a mate and used to be a strong defender,

I can understand that, but why he brought Reid in lord only knows, and for me MAF isn't much better, another COG. I would move three out ASAP.

#65 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:30 PM

h again said:

1541276428[/url]' post='1428356']
If only. Try to slow it down in this league and you're flat on your back. The entire league revolves round closing down players as quickly and mob-handed as possible.

A BW player slid off the pitch following a tackle, walked back onto the pitch, then went down feigning injury. Played the ref perfectly.

A deliberate attempt to break play, slow things to a stop. And it worked a treat.

Even by your pitiful standards your post is utter b@llox
A new hope.

#66 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 03 November 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yep, Shaw has been a disappointment. He brought Muggs in for his long throw, I can understand that, he brought Nelson in because he was a mate and used to be a strong defender,

I can understand that, but why he brought Reid in lord only knows, and for me MAF isn't much better, another COG. I would move three out ASAP.

I thought Muggleton was one of our better players today. He was often left defending against Muldoon on his own when Maguire and Hollis went up for corners/free kicks etc and he didn't get anywhere. He made some good tackles too, he seems to be growing into the full back position.

#67 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

View Postdtp, on 03 November 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Were you there today, stb?

Yep. Regretting it.

#68 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

View Posth again, on 03 November 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

If only. Try to slow it down in this league and you're flat on your back. The entire league revolves round closing down players as quickly and mob-handed as possible.

Everything is pedestrian in what we do right from the off. Having your left back take throws down the right just sets the tempo for us. Just one of the reasons why we struggle week in week out. We have no athletes to press teams so constantly on the back foot when it comes to defending a lead as we pack everyone behind the ball and leave an immobile big unit on his own up top to bang it to. It’s only ever coming back. Teams set up to play properly are winning more than they lose in this league. We must average sod all shots on target with these tactics compared to the rest of the league.

#69 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 03 November 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

You’re trying to deflect and are being evasive. What’s the point of talking about players who are above this standard. Answer my question: do you think you would make a successful manager at this level? That’s all I’m asking.

Oh my god, you're serious...

In that case, I better play along.
Yes, teams I have coached conceded goals from corners. And free kicks. And penalties. And in open play. Just like every other coach/manager around. Am I different to them, be they Fergie, Pep or this joker we have in charge? No. So what's your point?

Answer my question? Are you really demanding an answer to that? What will be the outcome if I say yes or no? Wind your neck in, pal.

#70 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 03 November 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Everything is pedestrian in what we do right from the off. Having your left back take throws down the right just sets the tempo for us. Just one of the reasons why we struggle week in week out. We have no athletes to press teams so constantly on the back foot when it comes to defending a lead as we pack everyone behind the ball and leave an immobile big unit on his own up top to bang it to. It’s only ever coming back. Teams set up to play properly are winning more than they lose in this league. We must average sod all shots on target with these tactics compared to the rest of the league.

A very good question to put to MA on Tuesday night.

#71 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 03 November 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Oh my god, you're serious...

In that case, I better play along.
Yes, teams I have coached conceded goals from corners. And free kicks. And penalties. And in open play. Just like every other coach/manager around. Am I different to them, be they Fergie, Pep or this joker we have in charge? No. So what's your point?

Answer my question? Are you really demanding an answer to that? What will be the outcome if I say yes or no? Wind your neck in, pal.

Ok you’re not going to answer. That’s fair enough. Stick to the theory. Fear of failure can be inhibiting.

#72 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostDEATH, on 03 November 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

A BW player slid off the pitch following a tackle, walked back onto the pitch, then went down feigning injury. Played the ref perfectly.

A deliberate attempt to break play, slow things to a stop. And it worked a treat.

Even by your pitiful standards your post is utter b@llox

You could save yourself the time by cutting straight to the abuse. The rest of the post is totally irrelevant to what I posted.
Why you keep trotting the stuff out after it's had no effect in 10 years beats me, but I suppose you must get some kind of satisfaction from it.

#73 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 03 November 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Ok you’re not going to answer. That’s fair enough. Stick to the theory. Fear of failure can be inhibiting.

I guess someone like you who doesn't even do the theory, is completely paralysed by fear of failure. Just like the useless kid who's always running their mouth at those that can and do. Actually, it's wise of you to stay in your lane.

Nice try, but you need bigger bait and a bigger boat.

#74 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 03 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

We will go with the fish then. Couldn’t do much worse.

They'd probably get tanked :glare:
#notapennymore

#75 User is online   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 03 November 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

I thought Muggleton was one of our better players today. He was often left defending against Muldoon on his own when Maguire and Hollis went up for corners/free kicks etc and he didn't get anywhere. He made some good tackles too, he seems to be growing into the full back position.

agreed.
lindave

#76 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

h again said:

1541278942[/url]' post='1428389']
You could save yourself the time by cutting straight to the abuse.

Fair enough. Your a prick.
A new hope.

#77 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 03 November 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

Surely when the CH's went up for free kicks and corners it wasn't left as one on one at the back?

View PostDEATH, on 03 November 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

You're

#78 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

Valley Blues said:

1541281489[/url]' post='1428403']
You're

Lol.
A new hope.

#79 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

View PostDEATH, on 03 November 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Worth a Green un.
East stand second class citizen.

#80 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:23 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 03 November 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Have you any idea what players we have? What are you on about re Robinson Morsy Ryan? We can’t afford them. The effort from the players today was first class and they were gutted at the end. Hence why they received an ovation. We defended several corners and I assume that even a team coached by you may just once have conceded a goal from a corner?
Straight question: do you think that you could manage a Conference team better that Martin Allen?

I'm not 100% sure he could)!

Who cares about 100% effort when we are in the bottom few of the bleeding conference- it's a win we need.
An ovation for effort? Good grief it's not year 6 sports day

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users