• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre Season

#221 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

As for players food AC says

"During the season the players pay a monthly fee each and in turn they are provided with Breakfast and Full lunch.

This is all set out for healthy eating.

I suspect that we have not started this process yet. Also not all players are all together all the time. Some have been travelling up to Leeds Uni for other testing this week"

#222 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 22 June 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Belper Town have just announced their pre-season friendlies and Chesterfield are visiting on Tuesday 1st August. No mention of it on the CFC website, which leads me to suspect the Chapman deal clause is still in effect and that a minibus full of 15-year-olds will be sent southwards with a bag full of Town kit to take a ceremonial tonking, a tradition dating back to the early days of Dean Saunders and his school of minimal-effort management.

http://www.belpertow...es-1848018.html

It's the youth team as mentioned yesterday

https://www.chesterf...ing-pre-season/

#223 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 June 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

"During the season the players pay a monthly fee each and in turn they are provided with Breakfast and Full lunch.

I suspect that we have not started this process yet. Also not all players are all together all the time. Some have been travelling up to Leeds Uni for other testing this week"

2 BACON SARNIES AND A COD AND CHIPS DINNER

#224 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 June 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

It's not about your feelings towards Carson, my point is the inference I'm "his mouthpiece" am "starry eyed" a "sycophant" or whatever other insult you want to throw my way for giving information out

You were a little bit up his backside when the club signed CHED

Why the heck are they going to Leeds Uni?

#225 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

I thought it was a good deal and think I gave credit to where it was due i.e. Danny Wilson

I expect it's closer for some players than coming down here

#226 User is offline   spireite0312 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, football and maybe more football

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Piper mentions it in his interview. It's something to do with body fat testing and other bit and bobs. Someone he knows is doing a PhD up there I think.

#227 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Back to the pre-season games in Spain & Portugal it's written into the contract for the Saturday game that we can't announce until the oppostion agree but a €10 admission has been proposed.

I can announce the Tuesday game though on 11 July, this will be at the training base near Huelva (Spain) and will be an 8pm kick off local time (1 hour ahead of UK & Portugal) against Benfica B, who finished 4th in the Portuguese 2nd division last season, admission free

#228 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

The fee is £150 per month.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#229 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 June 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

I expect it's closer for some players than coming down here

It's not to do with location of where the players live.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#230 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Back to the pre-season games in Spain & Portugal it's written into the contract for the Saturday game that we can't announce until the oppostion agree but a €10 admission has been proposed.

I can announce the Tuesday game though on 11 July, this will be at the training base near Huelva (Spain) and will be an 8pm kick off local time (1 hour ahead of UK & Portugal) against Benfica B, who finished 5th in the Portuguese 2nd division last season, admission free

Great. So why can't this be announced, in a professional way, by the club.
Or maybe it's the new business model? Maybe I'll stop e-mailing or phoning staff and people with a vested interest with information. I'll just get a mate to do it for me via an online forum.
That is my issue, Moondog - the amateurish approach, which is what's got us in the mess we're now in.

#231 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 22 June 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Great. So why can't this be announced, in a professional way, by the club.
Or maybe it's the new business model? Maybe I'll stop e-mailing or phoning staff and people with a vested interest with information. I'll just get a mate to do it for me via an online forum.
That is my issue, Moondog - the amateurish approach, which is what's got us in the mess we're now in.

Because there are agreements in place to mutually agree the announcements. We are getting it unofficially because I've made the point to AC that fans want to know as they need to plan if going, whilst others doubt the matches are taking place when the opposition hasn't been announced

#232 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Postspireite0312, on 22 June 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Piper mentions it in his interview. It's something to do with body fat testing and other bit and bobs. Someone he knows is doing a PhD up there I think.

Someone he knows..,
So they have to go up to Leeds rather than do it in house?

Professional club we are....

#233 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 22 June 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

It's not to do with location of where the players live.

I've received an explanation

AC knows a former physio now lecturer at Leeds Uni, who has made his departments equipment available for us at no cost. We have been able to carry out a full range of player measurements etc using the latest kit.

#234 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Someone he knows..,

How much would the equipment cost to do it in house ?

#235 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

View Postmoondog, on 22 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

How much would the equipment cost to do it in house ?

Depends on which tests but not a lot. The testing should be done at least 3 times a season.
I think the club has always tested in previous seasons. May have been Shinners and MP's own kit tough I guess?
My kit came in at probably 3-4 grand.

#236 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Someone he knows..,

Have you signed some form of contract which means you have to be negative about anything and everything to do with fitness at the club? You claim to have offered your own services to the club and then you call that side of the club from a pig to a poke. One it's hardly surprising they don't get in touch and two is it professional? lol

#237 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Depends on which tests but not a lot. The testing should be done at least 3 times a season.
I think the club has always tested in previous seasons. May have been Shinners and MP's own kit tough I guess?
My kit came in at probably 3-4 grand.

Not unreasonable then for the club to use the latest equipment free of charge, save perhaps for player travel expenses ?

#238 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 22 June 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Have you signed some form of contract which means you have to be negative about anything and everything to do with fitness at the club? You claim to have offered your own services to the club and then you call that side of the club from a pig to a poke. One it's hardly surprising they don't get in touch and two is it professional? lol

Bruv, I'm not - only certain things that I have some sort of insight (expertise even if I'm being a big headed idiot).
I'm questioning some things yes- that's to be expected isn't it?
I think you will agree that the club has been woeful in the last couple of years in recruiting the wrong staff, the wrong management and the wrong players. Apologies if in wrong in that statement. But finishing bottom of the league with a terrible injury record says otherwise.

I'm not criticising the new guy- I hope he is good. I was very positive about MP when he was here (as his reputation was excellent).
Certainly love the fact a new guy ha been appointed -I was apprehensive when they axed the position in March- that was stupidity of the highest order- anyone can concede that surely?
I'm glad pre season has started early and also heartened they have started testing in the first week- good practice.
I think you will find approximately 96% of the posts on this board are negative- maybe yours are'nt- good for you.

Do you want me to only comment on things I have an informed opinion on or am I allowed like everyone else to chip in on other things now and again?
What's your expertise in- genuine query as it may lead to some excellent informed posts in future ;-)

#239 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Bruv, I'm not - only certain things that I have some sort of insight (expertise even if I'm being a big headed idiot).
I think you will agree that the club has been woeful in the last couple of years in recruiting the wrong staff, the wrong management and the wrong players. Apologies if in wrong in that statement. But finishing bottom of the league with a terrible injury record says otherwise.

I'm not criticising the new guy- I hope he is good. I was very positive about MP when he was here (as his reputation was excellent).
Certainly love the fact a new guy ha been appointed -I was apprehensive when they axed the position in March- that was stupidity of the highest order- anyone can concede that surely?
I'm glad pre season has started early and also heartened they have started testing in the first week- good practice.
I think you will find approximately 96% of the posts on this board are negative- maybe yours are'nt- good for you.

Do you want me to only comment on things I have an informed opinion on or am I allowed like everyone else to chip in on other things now and again?
What's your expertise in- genuine query as it may lead to some excellent informed posts in future ;-)

Debt collection

#240 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

I have it on good authority that the new Physio should be starting at the club next Monday

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users