Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Matlock Away Causeway Lane - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matlock Away Causeway Lane

#61 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:02 PM

Cartman, on 16 July 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Looked decent a few times going forward, but of pace in the side, Spyrou looks decent enough, I like Wedgebury

The Greatest fixture we have just about survived Shezza’s team selection.

In fact I’d rather watch some of them in an equal contest than a few of our regulars against lump-it NL teams
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#62 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:09 PM

TheMatlockFan, on 16 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

If our groundsman gets tapped up then I know who to come and have a chat with 😂

Looking at the state of the mowing of the pitch I doubt that will happen!
East stand second class citizen.

#63 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

60s 70s Spireite, on 16 July 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

I hope we weren't sheet

#64 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

The teamsheet had Jack Holmes down but Jarad Wild played (youth team centre-back, is he?).
Shoddy defending allowed Matlock's new star and current Northern Premier League Division One East Young Player of the Year Piteu Crouz an easy goal.
After that we (seems odd typing 'we' when I'd barely seen any of them play for Town before) probably shaded it. Spyrou looked quick, sharp and strong but blazed a good chance he'd made over into Firs Parade. Wild looked too sluggish to react on occasion (or too laid-back- the result is the same). Scrivens didn't do enough to suggest he is worth a contract though he had some decent moments, and Wakefield was neat, tidy and involved in the middle.
These go to eleven.

#65 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:43 PM

Wakefield looks as though he may threaten the bench, Spyrou and Mckay appeared to be getting an understanding, but perhaps consideration should be given to the ability of the opposition missing their best defender (Yates) Keeper looked OK. Wedgbury similar and organised well. But has as been the case for years the highlight being "guess the gate"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#66 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:43 PM

Siberian Spireite, on 16 July 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

The teamsheet had Jack Holmes down but Jarad Wild played (youth team centre-back, is he?).
Shoddy defending allowed Matlock's new star and current Northern Premier League Division One East Young Player of the Year Piteu Crouz an easy goal.
After that we (seems odd typing 'we' when I'd barely seen any of them play for Town before) probably shaded it. Spyrou looked quick, sharp and strong but blazed a good chance he'd made over into Firs Parade. Wild looked too sluggish to react on occasion (or too laid-back- the result is the same). Scrivens didn't do enough to suggest he is worth a contract though he had some decent moments, and Wakefield was neat, tidy and involved in the middle.

I was quite impressed with Wakefield, had some nice touches. On the whole though i’d say the development squad is going to need some serious developing.

#67 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM

TheMatlockFan, on 16 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

If our groundsman gets tapped up then I know who to come and have a chat with 😂

East stand second class citizen.

#68 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:08 PM

Mr Mercury, on 16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

I find that reply rather...........cutting 👀

#69 User is offline   TheMatlockFan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:12 PM

I just wanted to take the time to come and thank those who attended this evenings game with a huge turnout of 1474. It's always fantastic for us to host these matches and your fans were tremendous and well behaved. It was great to meet some Bob's boards members and everybody at Matlock Town FC wishes you all the best for the upcoming season.

James Griffiths
MTFC Social Media Manager

#70 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

Lovely venue and a lovely welcome, the game was nothing special at all but still a nice evening out. Thanks to Matlock FC

#71 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

Typical pre season friendly especially as town fielded a side where with the exception of Wedgebury, who cantered through the game, you cant see any of the players really being around the starting XI against Dover. Wakefield did really well next to Wedgebury and was one of the few on the pitch who looked capable of putting his foot on the ball. Of the triallists Spyrou looked mobile and capable (talk behind me was the trial was with a view to a loan deal from Norwich?), the full back from Sheff Utd both did pretty well taking his goal very well and Sheridans lad looked composed on the ball but lacking a bit physically and not sure left back is his position. Keeper did everything he needed to comfortably.

Plenty of effort from the rest but lacking a bit of composure, early on every time they attacked near Wyld it looked threatening.

Biggest player on the pitch was their keeper...absolute unit and could certainly kick a ball with his sideways volley kick out of his hands particually effective.

#72 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:55 AM

I reckon we'll snap that Bennett up cos we need a natural RB

#73 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:17 AM

Goku, on 17 July 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

I reckon we'll snap that Bennett up cos we need a natural RB

Not convinced by him on the basis of that - Sheridan at left back the better of the two but even he will be lucky to make the bench.
Best player - Wedgebury. Best potential - Wakefield by a mile. Norwich lad worth a go maybe. Not much else to cause Sheridan senior selection headaches.

#74 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

Yeah we definitely need a natural RB but I hope it's not Bennett, wasn't remotely impressed.

Thought Scrivens and Spyrou both deserve a go against better opposition. Spyrou obviously has class, just needs developing. I liked Scrivens drive and the fact he actually wasn't afraid to run at a player and have a go, reminded me of DG.

Wedgbury and Shaw probably stood out as the first teamers that they are, especially Wedge.

Charlie Wakefield imo best player on the pitch, really hope he kicks on and develops into a first team player.

No.16 CB one of the worst performances I've seen from anyone, don't hold much hope for the kid.

#75 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:43 AM

Strange how folk see things, i thought Bennett looked pretty decent. Kept their left winger who was one of their best players pretty quiet to the point he started drifting in field to get away from Bennett. Was fairly decent on the ball as shown by how he took the goal and got up and down the wing very well.

Scrivens was involved and did well first half but didnt see a lot of the ball second half. He was direct, running at defenders and looked pretty comfortable on the ball. As already said probably worth a closer look and potentially worth a go if he's not too expensive. He looked keen to make an impression.

#76 User is offline   Tall Faces 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:History, music, cricket and the Spireites

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

Chatted to a few who had been to previous friendlies. Not complimentary about first half side’s performance against Hallam. Here’s the sanitised version. Not impressed with Gerrard (out of shape and slow) and Buchanan (slow) who was easily beaten by their nippy winger. Think Graham Smyth used the term “rusty”. Liked the look of Mandeville though. They thought we would have difficulties keeping the score down against Rotherham, Sheffield United and Burton and that the potential first eleven should have featured more in friendlies to get game time as a unit. Presumably the first team squad will play the next three friendlies.

#77 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Tall Faces, on 17 July 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Chatted to a few who had been to previous friendlies. Not complimentary about first half side’s performance against Hallam. Here’s the sanitised version. Not impressed with Gerrard (out of shape and slow) and Buchanan (slow) who was easily beaten by their nippy winger. Think Graham Smyth used the term “rusty”. Liked the look of Mandeville though. They thought we would have difficulties keeping the score down against Rotherham, Sheffield United and Burton and that the potential first eleven should have featured more in friendlies to get game time as a unit. Presumably the first team squad will play the next three friendlies.

Opposition players are equally rusty, its a bad sign if a lower level winger can leave Buchanan for dead because there will be plenty of fit young NL players who can do the same. And Gerrard slow too. Not pleased we have signed 2 slow old players, it's like MA mistakes are being repeated.

Plus we've got Weir and Weston, more slow oldies

#78 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Spire-Power, on 17 July 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Opposition players are equally rusty, its a bad sign if a lower level winger can leave Buchanan for dead because there will be plenty of fit young NL players who can do the same. And Gerrard slow too. Not pleased we have signed 2 slow old players, it's like MA mistakes are being repeated.

Plus we've got Weir and Weston, more slow oldies

we are overrun with thirty somethings. More 23-28 yr olds needed please.

#79 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Norwich monitoring how Spyrou is getting on, looks capable enough for me

https://www.pinkun.c...trial-1-6164851

#80 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

moondog, on 17 July 2019 - 03:08 PM, said: