Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Lester Factor! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Lester Factor!

#41 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 September 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

IF Jack does get the job (and its still a massive IF) then its genuinely going to hurt me not going, but my stance is not against the team/squad or performances on the pitch (albeit they have made it much easier this season!) but against the organ grinder and his monkey.

Until they have gone, I won't be sponsoring their current business strategy by buying a ticket, but I genuinely wish the new manager, whoever it is, nothing but the very best.

You can do some away games laddie.😚
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 21 September 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

You can do some away games laddie.😚

I know, and will do some home games too when freebies present themselves just not prepared to help fund the current regime.

#43 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 21 September 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

I know what your saying but the last sentence doesn't fit. It isn't helping any incoming manager by restricting income, however little of your ticket money you feel he would get

I know it's not helping any incoming manager, but my 'protest' (and I use that term because I can t think of another more suitable) goes far beyond the manager, the team or the product on the pitch.

#44 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

View Postazul, on 21 September 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

If Lester took the job and got us to lower mid table from rock bottom he'd be a hero. So from that angle we'd would be a tempting prospect. The issue would be subsequent seasons

Get Lester and Brazil in. I guess most fans are by now hoping/ expecting Lester to get the job. Will Carson disappoint them?

#45 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 September 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

I know it's not helping any incoming manager, but my 'protest' (and I use that term because I can t think of another more suitable) goes far beyond the manager, the team or the product on the pitch.

Why have you kept this under wraps until now?

#46 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 September 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Hard hitting opinion piece :lol:

Always thought knew he was a plank.

sorted it for you

#47 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 21 September 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Get Lester and Brazil in. I guess most fans are by now hoping/ expecting Lester to get the job. Will Carson disappoint them?

I think the club needs some experience at the helm, but what the club needs more than anything, is a lift, a bit of a buzz, get Jack in for the Cheltenham game, a game we should win, get the crowd singing his name and get back to winning ways.

One Jack Lester, there's only one....

the experience can come from whoever helps in.

Come on Ashley stop messing about and get him in

#48 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Agree with this. Lester assisted by Brazil or Redfearn or even Page or any experienced guy you care to mention who isn't a disaster and doesn't cost a bundle.

#49 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostDave Wallers, on 21 September 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Disagree with most of the above :)

" 'he was a legend', 'he was the best player we've had', 'he's confident', 'he loves the club' are not reasons to appoint a football manager."

Agree entirely with the above. :)
Elsewhere we've had "he knows the club and the fans" as a reason. I don't even know what that means! He knows 5000 people? He knows where the ground is? Even at its worst, the club he played for was not the shambling craphouse of today.
We need a manager not a lucky charm.
And if Jack really knows the fans he knows that like all fans, we can turn like milk in the sun. I dont want to hear Town fans turn against Jack Lester, and nothing in his record since retirement suggests to me that he has the experience to help turn this club around.
We dont need a sentimental appointment. We dont need Allen and Carson chucking Jack at us like a bone to keep us quiet while they continue to suck the club dry.
Pre-Caldwell I suggested looking at Non League, its still a good option but at this time of the year anyone any good at that level is looking to build on what they have where they have it .
The choices are limited. At least lets go for someone with some knowledge of team building on a budget.
Just saw the Ravenelli rumour. Honestly, its come to this???

#50 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

Ravvers, jeez we'd end up with a side of Seria B loanees

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 22 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

JRID

#51 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

It has to be Lester the club needs a big lift a almost empty soulless ground will not help. I for one would come back to support the great man and really what does he need to do this season to be a success finish one place higher than we are now ?

#52 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostDuckys Moved, on 22 September 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

It has to be Lester the club needs a big lift a almost empty soulless ground will not help. I for one would come back to support the great man and really what does he need to do this season to be a success finish one place higher than we are now ?

I wouldn't come back until the ownership changes and I'd be highly suspicious of the board making such an appointment at this time.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#53 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 22 September 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I wouldn't come back until the ownership changes and I'd be highly suspicious of the board making such an appointment at this time.

I can understand your point Phil but if he is appointed I would go back simply to support him.

#54 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostCFC91, on 21 September 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Still don't want Lester here when the clubs in the pits, the ground will be empty, half the fanbase are gone and it just isn't the right time for me. I'd want him back when he'd have the backing of good crowds, a good board and a reasonable side. We have neither anymore, as much as i'd like to think he's bring back the stayaways, I doubt it would as most still have the excuse of Allen and Carson as a reason to stay away, even if Lester is bigger than both of those combined x100000

Half the fan base haven’t gone. There were over 4000 Home fans against Accy on Saturday. We’ve never averaged 8000 plus Home fans at any time since being at the Proact.

#55 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 22 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Half the fan base haven’t gone. There were over 4000 Home fans against Accy on Saturday. We’ve never averaged 8000 plus Home fans at any time since being at the Proact.

Ok, if you're being pedantic, there was only 3700 home fans v Coventry. Which I think is the lowest home attendance for a league game at the Proact!

#56 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 22 September 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Ok, if you're being pedantic, there was only 3700 home fans v Coventry. Which I think is the lowest home attendance for a league game at the Proact!

Coventry was also at peak summer holiday time, games at that time of year are always down attendance wise.
I’m not saying crowds aren’t down, football fans are extremely fickle. They come out in numbers when their teams doing well and stay away when they’re not, has always been the case. To say the fan base has halved is simply an exaggeration.

#57 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I know, and will do some home games too when freebies present themselves just not prepared to help fund the current regime.

I would like to know how people obtain these "freebies" that seem to be so readily available, presumably at a cost that impacts on the finances of the club. I advised the club professionally for quite a period several years ago and I never expected, and never received, a freebie. Time for them to stop under a new administrative regime!

#58 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 21 September 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Agree with this. Lester assisted by Brazil or Redfearn or even Page or any experienced guy you care to mention who isn't a disaster and doesn't cost a bundle.

That rules Page out

#59 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 22 September 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

How many of the stay-aways would trickle back if results picked up and we found ourselves in and around the play offs? I'd guess at a majority of those currently choosing to boycott the home games.
I respect the decision of those taking a stance against the regime, however I'm sceptical as to how many are genuinely doing this and not simply staying away because the football is garbage and we are doing so poorly.
Whether we had our lot in charge or the bloke running Burton so brilliantly, I'd think the home support would currently be at its lowest since moving to the Proact due to our current league standing.

#60 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 22 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Half the fan base haven't gone. There were over 4000 Home fans against Accy on Saturday. We've never averaged 8000 plus Home fans at any time since being at the Proact.

Actually 3,723 taking out the no shows but including the estimated 300-400 who took advantage of the emergency/armed services promotion in the North Stand, times are bleak...

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users