Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Oxford & Chester - Why not a little closer to home? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oxford & Chester - Why not a little closer to home? Supporters get it in the pocket before the season starts

#1 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

Notts C
Forest
Sheff U
Sheff W
Leeds
Leicester

Anyone would think the Club didn't want supporters to turn up to pre season matches.......

#2 User is offline   skaw 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

Y cant we have some friendlies that might actually get us ready for the season?? Ok easy one to start with get confidence, then into some testing games where new players can be tested and tactics for the season set up.
Agree that a local derby i.e Sheff United would be a good test as well as being a good money runner.... esp with there promotion, good trainin game for them too.
On chester front, anyone know if they still in for partridge and if so y rnt we!

#3 User is offline   onlyonefinfolan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on May 26 2006, 08:02 PM, said:

Notts C
Forest
Sheff U
Sheff W
Leeds
Leicester
Anyone would think the Club didn't want supporters to turn up to pre season matches.......

Didn't use to see too many Spireites when we played regularly at Gresley or Frickley - neither too far away. And not many turn up at home when we play Derby or indeed Middlesbrough. I think for pre season games, it's more important to get fit rather than to get fans. Matlock is a great night and about the limit for most, pre season games just don't capture most folks imagination. I went to Cornwall the other year and will be at Oxford and Chester this year - I'm pleased to go somewhere different, Kassam Stadium offers that - I'm delighted. Bring on Darlo at the Reynolds Arena and Coventry at the Ricoh!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users