Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sitting Where We Like - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sitting Where We Like Behind the Goal

#1 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

I hope that we will not be forced by some automated ticketing scheme to sit in pre-allocated seats BEHIND THE GOAL. We should be free to position ourselves (sit) where we like. I've watched town for years on the kop just to the RIGHT of the goal half-way up and want to continue to do so.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT BEHIND THE GOAL WE SIT WHERE WE WANT TO. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. THAT WAY MATES CAN STAY TOGETHER!

REACTIONS PLEASE!

#2 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:03 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on May 24 2006, 07:01 PM, said:

I hope that we will not be forced by some automated ticketing scheme to sit in pre-allocated seats BEHIND THE GOAL. We should be free to position ourselves (sit) where we like. I've watched town for years on the kop just to the RIGHT of the goal half-way up and want to continue to do so.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT BEHIND THE GOAL WE SIT WHERE WE WANT TO. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. THAT WAY MATES CAN STAY TOGETHER!

REACTIONS PLEASE!

i'd agree even for season ticket holders

#3 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

REACTIONS PLEASE!

So the club havent got planning permission yet and you want to pick your seat?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#4 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:46 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on May 24 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

i'd agree even for season ticket holders

Happens a lot at away games with no bother so why not? Also, presumably most people wanting to sit behind the goal will be current attenders on the kop and they are used to the first come first served principle.

#5 User is offline   BOBBY 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc<br />family/pets<br />scuba diving<br />cfc (again)

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

View Postforevablue, on May 24 2006, 08:46 PM, said:

Happens a lot at away games with no bother so why not? Also, presumably most people wanting to sit behind the goal will be current attenders on the kop and they are used to the first come first served principle.

pay the extra costs and reward us long-term kopites who DO NOT want to sit down- seems a waste of a seat, some of us won't sit down anyhow, cheap plastic chair or not
rico's barmy army

#6 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

REACTIONS PLEASE!

Having your own seat which you chose your self is the whole point of people buying a season ticket,if i chose to buy a season ticket for the new stadium i will be fully expected to chose where i want to sit,its all well and good you saying first come first served,if i buy that season ticket then i will always come first,why should i have to move for you,you might pick your games or you will be unavailable on some match days,you will not be sat there then will you,i might just buy that seat you want,i used to stand half way up to the right of the goal too,don't forget Frear first come first served :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on May 24 2006, 09:02 PM, said:

Having your own seat which you chose your self is the whole point of people buying a season ticket,if i chose to buy a season ticket for the new stadium i will be fully expected to chose where i want to sit,its all well and good you saying first come first served,if i buy that season ticket then i will always come first,why should i have to move for you,you might pick your games or you will be unavailable on some match days,you will not be sat there then will you,i might just buy that seat you want,i used to stand half way up to the right of the goal too,don't forget Frear first come first served :rolleyes:

I think that goes against the spirit of watching the game from the kop. I think all Kopites will have to agree that there is an unspoken code that CLAIMING a seat on the kop just because there is a seat number on your season ticket is against the general principle i.e. that mates who want to stay together must be allowed to do so.

Your reaction in wanting to claim the seat - indeed have a right to that seat - that bears the number on your season ticket will scupper that principle in one swoop. How unfortunate when you go to a game with your mates/wife/girlfriend and you find yourself sitting two rows and ten seats away from them.

It should be interesting. My view is stick to numbered seat in three sides of the ground but sit where you like or be prepared to give way on the kop should the occasion demand.

#8 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:43 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on May 24 2006, 09:29 PM, said:

I think that goes against the spirit of watching the game from the kop. I think all Kopites will have to agree that there is an unspoken code that CLAIMING a seat on the kop just because there is a seat number on your season ticket is against the general principle i.e. that mates who want to stay together must be allowed to do so.

Your reaction in wanting to claim the seat - indeed have a right to that seat - that bears the number on your season ticket will scupper that principle in one swoop. How unfortunate when you go to a game with your mates/wife/girlfriend and you find yourself sitting two rows and ten seats away from them.

It should be interesting. My view is stick to numbered seat in three sides of the ground but sit where you like or be prepared to give way on the kop should the occasion demand.

That is also my view. If you want a specific seat there are six-thousand to chose from in the east and west stands. I would expect the east stand to house the family element.
Peter Whiteley

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on May 24 2006, 09:29 PM, said:

Too be honest i don't want a season ticket on the kop,i would suggest that the club didn't operate season tickets for that particular part of the new stadium as Pete says there will be 6000 seats to chose from,i will be aiming for more or less where i am sat now in relation to the Dema Stadium,either East or West,i take it Sheffield Road will be the West Stand (Pete ?).
To be honest i don't know how they will do it,maybe you should make your views clear at the proposed open day whenever that maybe.

#10 User is offline   InkySpireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

Just sell tickets for the KOP with no numbers on. Sit where you want then, won't get any idiot coming up acting the big 'I am' and this is my seat balls you get at away games sometimes.
Spireite till I die...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users