Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Seriously Thinking Of Chucking It While They Really Here - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seriously Thinking Of Chucking It While They Really Here

#1 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Put town first for nearly 50 yrs seriously thinking of calling it a day they've cleaned us out mates leaving at half time made me realise

#2 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

Sadly that's the conclusion I came to a while back buddy. It's really had to start with, though I'm not missing it at all now. That's how bad things have become :(

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 25 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

#notapennymore

#3 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

I'm finding it tough with an 8 year old who is footy mad and loves town but his interest is being tested massively. Not in football, he just cannot understand what's happening to our club one bit. He was introduced to the Cook play-off season and I know he was spoilt. He is a town fan and proud of it but they are making it very, very hard to keep him interested.

#4 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

I will be back; don't know when mind.

#5 User is online   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 25 March 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Put town first for nearly 50 yrs seriously thinking of calling it a day they've cleaned us out mates leaving at half time made me realise

the mafia have ripped the heart out of many dedicated Spireites.
i will not stop supporting Chesterfield, but next season may well be doing this watching sky sports news and waiting to hear how many we have lost by
Have passport will travel

#6 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Today was the fourth consecutive home league game I've missed and I won't be going again this season.

Before my self-imposed exile I can't think of an occasion in the last fourteen years I've not been to a game unless I've been either playing cricket or on holiday.

I don't get any particular pleasure out of it but it's the only small protest I can make to show my displeasure at what is happening.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 25 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

#7 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 March 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Today was the fourth consecutive home league game I've missed and I won't be going again this season.

Before my self-imposed exile I can't think of an occasion in the last fourteen years I've not been to a game unless I've been either playing cricket or on holiday.

I don't get any particular pleasure out of it but it's the only small protest I can make to show my displeasure at what is happening.

I dread to think what the crowds will be next season if Comical Carson, The Pigeon Fancier and Gary Boredwell are still here...
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#8 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

It reminds me of the simpsons episode where poochie gets added to the itchy and scratchy show. Every body loses interest and does something else and seems happier. I can imagine most of bobs board painting fences and helping their neighbours on a saturday while cfc play in front of a bunch of empty seats.
Here we go again!

#9 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Said in another thread, it's been playing on my mind for a while but today has confirmed it; I will not be buying a season ticket next year and will go and watch Matlock for a season or until new owners are found. This is hard to comprehend however I can't think of any other way to shown the owners how thoroughly annoyed I am with their running of the club. thanks town but I won't be back after April for a long time. Looking at the spaces around me in the east stand that were full of season ticket holders a couple of years ago it is clear I'm not the only one.

As for the bloke who gave me a rollicking with the words 'don't come then' after their third went in, well there you go.

#10 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 25 March 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Said in another thread, it's been playing on my mind for a while but today has confirmed it; I will not be buying a season ticket next year and will go and watch Matlock for a season or until new owners are found. This is hard to comprehend however I can't think of any other way to shown the owners how thoroughly annoyed I am with their running of the club. thanks town but I won't be back after April for a long time. Looking at the spaces around me in the east stand that were full of season ticket holders a couple of years ago it is clear I'm not the only one.

As for the bloke who gave me a rollicking with the words 'don't come then' after their third went in, well there you go.

I know how you feel.

This really sickens me to say, but next season I can get a season ticket at £100 off because I will be over 65, but I wont be renewing.

Why, because I cannot see a team worth watching next season , if it's true that budgets cut and no new players/investment in the team.

Compare that with the great times and brilliant football of Cookes tenure.

Sad , sad times for CFC.

#11 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 25 March 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Buggar, I hoped you had put yourself forward to chief scout/head of recruitment position at CFC

You go to all our games and cover the rest of the British Isles and we'll need a few big lads next year

Now it appears your heart isn't in it
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#12 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 25 March 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I know how you feel.

This really sickens me to say, but next season I can get a season ticket at £100 off because I will be over 65, but I wont be renewing.

Why, because I cannot see a team worth watching next season , if it's true that budgets cut and no new players/investment in the team.

Compare that with the great times and brilliant football of Cookes tenure.

Sad , sad times for CFC.

I think we really should have gone for someone who can slum it and get a few grafters in - a modern John Duncan ? Caldwell - who knows what we/he can do - who knows???

#13 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 25 March 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Really?

There're still folk so pompous, pious and self righteous they'll come out with that?

I had some pretty strong disagreements with the old 'If you don't like it then don't bother coming' brigade back at Saltergate. Daft thing is, though, that many of those have become so disillusioned by the current crew I'm still turning up whilst they aren't.

Not that I disrespect them for doing so, mind, infact credit where credit's due for maintaining a friendly relationship despite our earlier differences.

I guess there'll always be those who either can't, don't or worst of all won't get the bigger picture.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#14 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

View PostTrigger, on 25 March 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

It reminds me of the simpsons episode where poochie gets added to the itchy and scratchy show. Every body loses interest and does something else and seems happier. I can imagine most of bobs board painting fences and helping their neighbours on a saturday while cfc play in front of a bunch of empty seats.

You're thinking of the episode we're Marge gets itchy and scratchy banned from the Krusty show.
East stand second class citizen.

#15 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

[quote name='Elton John

Caldwell - who knows what we/he can do - who knows???
[/quote]
He can take us down, that's for sure

#16 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 March 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

You're thinking of the episode we're Marge gets itchy and scratchy banned from the Krusty show.

I am! It's the same episode. It gets banned unless they quit the violence thus poochies introduction.
Here we go again!

#17 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

View PostTrigger, on 25 March 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

I am! It's the same episode. It gets banned unless they quit the violence thus poochies introduction.

Maybe , I thought the poochie episode was different.
East stand second class citizen.

#18 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 March 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Maybe , I thought the poochie episode was different.

My apologies, your correct. Though they're all very similar to me now
Here we go again!

#19 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 25 March 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Really?

There're still folk so pompous, pious and self righteous they'll come out with that?

I had some pretty strong disagreements with the old 'If you don't like it then don't bother coming' brigade back at Saltergate. Daft thing is, though, that many of those have become so disillusioned by the current crew I'm still turning up whilst they aren't.

Not that I disrespect them for doing so, mind, infact credit where credit's due for maintaining a friendly relationship despite our earlier differences.

I guess there'll always be those who either can't, don't or worst of all won't get the bigger picture.

Oh yes. He told me several times to clear off even when I asked him if he was happy with the way the club was being run, in fact he told me to shut up several times.... all because I rather loudly questioned the sanity of paying £365 for a season ticket :)

#20 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

warfey is a spireite said:

1490472910[/url]' post='1291746']

Know what u mean I been a supporter for over 60 yr thro thick and thinIn fact years ago I give u a lift when u was thumbing You had some silver trainers on lolThis year is trying my loyalty Saturday s now is a chore not an afternoon out !!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users