• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rommy Boco Video

#1 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Found this 10 minute video of highlights from boco's season!
What a cracking little player he looks and proves it wasnt a one off where he ran show against us!
Would be very happy if he signs for us

#2 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Never mind Boco, who's their number 4? Would love a player like this that is always available to receive the ball, keeps the ball moving and plays it simple. No matter how good Boco is, we haven't got a foil like that to allow Boco or whoever the freedom to attack, by offering cover and a backwards outlet to retain possession when they get closed down. Would love the pair of um.
#notapennymore

#3 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Never mind Boco, who's their number 4? Would love a player like this that is always available to receive the ball, keeps the ball moving and plays it simple. No matter how good Boco is, we haven't got a foil like that to allow Boco or whoever the freedom to attack, by offering cover and a backwards outlet to retain possession when they get closed down. Would love the pair of um.

It's luke joyce, and ive heard hes absoulutely terrible haha

#4 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostCFC 96, on 01 May 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Lol, shows that you can't trust the compilation videos. The best one I've ever seen is Dean Morgan's for us. Now that bloke did look good :lol:

Edit: And why was there more footage against us at the Proact then against anybody else I wonder :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 01 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

#notapennymore

#5 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Lol, shows that you can't trust the compilation videos. The best one I've ever seen is Dean Morgan's for us. Now that bloke did look good :lol:

Edit: And why was there more footage against us at the Proact then against anybody else I wonder :rolleyes:

Tbf i thought there was more at burton, seemed to go on forever that did

#6 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

We've all been fooled by "best bit" videos before, but bocco is a good player and I hope we sign him.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#7 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostCFC 96, on 01 May 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Second thoughts after just reading the Randall thread I hope we don't sign a player like this as our fans don't appreciate what an asset to the side a player like their No.4 in the video can be to a team. Many fans never took to Allot and that tells me everything :rolleyes: Get some headless chicken in that charges around a lot and wades in with tackles, that'll please most.
#notapennymore

#8 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Second thoughts after just reading the Randall thread I hope we don't sign a player like this as our fans don't appreciate what an asset to the side a player like their No.4 in the video can be to a team. Many fans never took to Allot and that tells me everything :rolleyes: Get some headless chicken in that charges around a lot and wades in with tackles, that'll please most.

People don't appreciate Randall because he has no heart, everyone appreciates his ball ability
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#9 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

mabe you should take some of your own advice cos you do the same to other mr

#10 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

he also lacks the aptitude to use his "talent" 90% of the time, only Mark Randall is holding Mark Randall back.... One of these seasons it may sink in.

View Postlindo-spireite, on 01 May 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

People don't appreciate Randall because he has no heart, everyone appreciates his ball ability

#11 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

It's not that he doesn't have a heart. He's not a physical type of player (nothing wrong with that), so why do fans want him to be? Also he's not one of those players that is going to shine when we are a poor side (which we have mostly been over the last couple of seasons). When we look good, Mark looks good... Coincidence?

The header thing really gets me too. He’s not physical, so naturally he’s going to use his nous to let the ball bounce rather than compete and probably fail in the air. The one I’m thinking of where he neshed out of a header he did just that and won the ball on the ground (that’s where he plays).
Mark Allot was poor in the air also, but I didn’t hear folks moan at him for not winning headers.
There’s nothing wrong with a deep lying ball player either. The sort of midfield that backs off to find space and play the ball out from there, but everyone wants Randall to charge down field and assist and score (again, not his game).
Personally I don’t see much wrong with Randall other than his achilles heal in getting caught out too often and putting pressure on our back four, cut this out and we’ve got a very good deep lying midfielder. His tackling isn’t as bad as some make out either, though it’s obvious that’s not the strong part of his game.
#notapennymore

#12 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Exactly mate, his ability isn't and never has been in question !
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#13 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

hadnt realised that Boco signed four times for Paul Cook is there to be a fifth?
http://m.bbc.co.uk/s...otball/19443178

This post has been edited by martatcross: 01 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#14 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

It's not that he doesn't have a heart. He's not a physical type of player (nothing wrong with that), so why do fans want him to be? Also he's not one of those players that is going to shine when we are a poor side (which we have mostly been over the last couple of seasons). When we look good, Mark looks good... Coincidence?

The header thing really gets me too. He’s not physical, so naturally he’s going to use his nous to let the ball bounce rather than compete and probably fail in the air. The one I’m thinking of where he neshed out of a header he did just that and won the ball on the ground (that’s where he plays).
Mark Allot was poor in the air also, but I didn’t hear folks moan at him for not winning headers.
There’s nothing wrong with a deep lying ball player either. The sort of midfield that backs off to find space and play the ball out from there, but everyone wants Randall to charge down field and assist and score (again, not his game).
Personally I don’t see much wrong with Randall other than his achilles heal in getting caught out too often and putting pressure on our back four, cut this out and we’ve got a very good deep lying midfielder. His tackling isn’t as bad as some make out either, though it’s obvious that’s not the strong part of his game.

So to sum up then, Mark Randall isn't physical, he's no good when we are struggling, he's not very good at heading, he can't drive us forward and break into the box, he gets caught out too often and for a 'deep lying' midfielder his tackling 'isn't as bad as some make out' and you are saying you appreciate him?

Last player I remember us having who could use a ball like Randall was Marcus Ebdon, and there is really no comparison Ebdon was a far far superior player. Like others have said most people appreciate what Randall can do, but most people are hacked off with watching him watse two years worth of contracts and only start bothering in April.

By the way I like Boco and think he would be a good signing.

This post has been edited by firedodger: 01 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#15 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

you can see from this he would be a welcome signing

#16 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think apart from his on pitch ability, the fact that he's teetotal and speaks French helps emmensly ;)

#17 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 01 May 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I think apart from his on pitch ability, the fact that he's teetotal and speaks French helps emmensly ;)

I thought our interest in Boco had cooled and Linganzi was the new target?

#18 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 01 May 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

mabe you should take some of your own advice cos you do the same to other mr

I've had nothing but praise for Richards in the last few weeks if you've not noticed ;)

My gripe has always has been that what he's costing us we need much more as he probably only ranks around half way IF everyone was to list their players of the season from all our main players.. Something that isn't good enough when he's costing two or three times what most of our players are costing.
On his last few showings however he's been a totally different player and more like the player that we need for that sort of money. IF he carries on like this and we can get shut of Hird we can hopefully just about afford to bring in the players we need to get us promoted. If he goes back to how he was he's hindering our progress by only playing average at best and costing us another two players.
On the other hand Mark Randall isn't costing the earth and we are trying to get him to resign on reduced terms; and we've already lost Talbot because of the high earners. It's all too easy to have player splits with the wage scale the way it is.
It will also be interesting to see if Richards gets offered a new deal next summer, especially if he has a good season and we don't get promoted again.
#notapennymore

#19 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Linganzi would be a brilliant signing for us.
If only....

#20 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Boco here for medical tomorrow

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users