• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kidderminster Match Day Thread

#241 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:39 PM

It is not an excuse for a very poor display today overall but the first and third Kidderminster goals came directly from long throws which were definitely
foul throws
The leading foot of the thrower for both goals was clearly over the touchline but the referees assistant failed to spot the fact not surprising really because especially for the first throw in which was close to him he was not looking at the thrower but for some reason he was looking where the throw was going
Seeing how you cannot be offside directly from a throw in I was lead to believe that the referees assistant watched for any possible infringements by the thrower before following the flight of the ball whilst the referee keeps watching the ball at all times
For the throw in which led to the third goal the official was looking directly down the line and if I could see from my position in the west stand that the throwers foot was well over the touchline surely he could see it
Makes one think did he the ***** to put his flag up or did he want a quieter life?

#242 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:46 PM

Garbage today. It’s okay saying ‘league is won, games don’t matter’ but when 8000+ home fans turn up they deserve better than that.

#243 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:47 PM

View PostSpireRam, on 01 April 2024 - 08:29 PM, said:

Agree with this. He ran games early in the campaign and for the last month maybe six weeks he’s just looked like a run of the mill NL midfielder. In fairness to him, other than Grimes, he’s the only player who has never been rotated. If anyone needs a rest it’s him and I’m very surprised he hasn’t been given one in the last couple of months.

Naylor looked shattered by January and needed a break. He has looked a shadow of the player up until Christmas

#244 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:54 PM

No one's mentioned my earlier post with cookie wasted up in the stands I thought Webby was our assistant manager not Gary Roberts,as Roberts was at helm not webby

#245 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2024 - 10:13 PM

The problem for me is the confidence that is seeping out of the side when most of the team is contracted for league2.

We will need a bigger stronger and quicker squad for next season all over the pitch.

#246 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 April 2024 - 10:59 PM

View Postwhittman, on 01 April 2024 - 09:39 PM, said:

It is not an excuse for a very poor display today overall but the first and third Kidderminster goals came directly from long throws which were definitely
foul throws
The leading foot of the thrower for both goals was clearly over the touchline but the referees assistant failed to spot the fact not surprising really because especially for the first throw in which was close to him he was not looking at the thrower but for some reason he was looking where the throw was going
Seeing how you cannot be offside directly from a throw in I was lead to believe that the referees assistant watched for any possible infringements by the thrower before following the flight of the ball whilst the referee keeps watching the ball at all times
For the throw in which led to the third goal the official was looking directly down the line and if I could see from my position in the west stand that the throwers foot was well over the touchline surely he could see it
Makes one think did he the ***** to put his flag up or did he want a quieter life?

highlights up now. Not sure if the pictures depict foul throws or not.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#247 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 04:28 AM

After watching, a very poor display from my league two bound team, I'm glad I have the whole season to judge the squad by. On yesterday's performance you wouldn't want to keep any of those who played any part in the 90+ minutes we endured, but those same players ripped this league apart. We need to stand back and think what they've achieved over the season and especially those scenes after the Boredom Crud match. Some players will come in and a few will leave but we'll do okay in league 2

#248 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 April 2024 - 06:22 AM

View Postdim view, on 01 April 2024 - 10:59 PM, said:

highlights up now. Not sure if the pictures depict foul throws or not.

What it does show is the illegal yardage gained for the first one The thrower looks to take it at the o of the Stats Sport hoarding and actually throws it from the emblem of Vanarama, a gain of about 15 yards.

#249 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 02 April 2024 - 06:42 AM

On reflection the best description after winning the league in such a manner is anticlimax.

One would have liked to see them finish in style but having put in so much effort without anyone pushing them it is possibly understandable that they have relaxed.

In truth the season finished against Boredom

#250 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 07:05 AM

View PostBrookie, on 02 April 2024 - 06:42 AM, said:

On reflection the best description after winning the league in such a manner is anticlimax.

One would have liked to see them finish in style but having put in so much effort without anyone pushing them it is possibly understandable that they have relaxed.

In truth the season finished against Boredom

Even though they are pro’s, I think it’s very difficult for players in this position not to ’check out’ a little bit. Maybe you don’t go into that 50/50 and risk getting hurt, maybe you’re starting to feel that niggle you’ve had for several weeks, maybe you don’t run quite as hard as you did 6 weeks ago?

As I’ve said, it’s a bit like pre season mode where you maybe don’t go in to the games with quite the intensity. Actually maybe it’s more like an extended warm down for the last few games of the season.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#251 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 02 April 2024 - 08:15 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 02 April 2024 - 06:22 AM, said:

What it does show is the illegal yardage gained for the first one The thrower looks to take it at the o of the Stats Sport hoarding and actually throws it from the emblem of Vanarama, a gain of about 15 yards.

This is in no way, defending such a languid performance. However I do like a touch of irony,2 small instances in the last 2 games if reversed could have made so much difference to the two games. Yesterday Dobra broke free when the lino a full half a pitch away and had the bottle to flag for a handball by Dobs (was it Dobs or the defender couldn't tell from my angle) if it had been the defender and in the area, would he have flagged or left it to the ref? (I'll go for leave it to the ref, potentially to much hassle).
Then we have York, clear hand ball lino probably 3-4 yards further away but having a clear site and does nowt. Another clear game changer but you could argue a double game changer, because after the none pen award it was obvious that such a crap decision would lead to Cooky getting cautioned, as the majority of his cautions follow crap decisions. I don't believe for one minute had Cook been patrolling the technical area we would have had to endure such a languid performance. I guess Robbo is used to playing 'good cop' in their duo but doesn't appear to adapt to 'bad cop' to well, which was clearly required yesterday.

The throws didn't spot the 1st, it was pointed out by a mate. Afterwards watching from afar in cricketing parlance they looked like "no balls".
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#252 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 08:53 AM

Footballs about momentum, confidence and form and if you lose that it can be difficult to get it going again

We should be finishing the season on a high, big crowds, big atmospheres and big results so everyone buys a ST, we finish the season with 4/5 wins against the bottom 8 and everyone looks forward to next year and remembers what a great season we’ve had and we feel like we can hit the ground running next season

There’s a danger we lose a bit of that finishing the season like this, the ground is a bit flat, away followings diminish, negativity creeps in a little and it’s all ends a bit flat, which given the amazing season we’ve had would be a real disappointment in my opinion.

You see the bounce clubs have following promotion - your Lincolns, Luton’s, Leicesters, Southamptons, Wrexhams etc who have had back to back promotions in recent years. That’s what we should be aspiring too, we’ve got our best crowds and positivity in decades and we should be covering ever base on and off the pitch to ensure we keep them here

This post has been edited by CFC91: 02 April 2024 - 08:54 AM

#253 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 09:02 AM

View PostDMU Blue, on 01 April 2024 - 03:50 PM, said:

Are we really going to get upset about this.

It was a chance to look at players in prep for next season.

Loads of the players on the pitch won’t be anywhere near it.

King, Clements, Freckleton, Hobson, Curtis, Quigley, Boot. I make that more than half who will be lucky to make the bench next season.

Poor performance, shaky at the back, nothing up top.

Some folk on here can’t wait to bash the club. Next season they’ll be suicidal if we aren’t 10 points clear by Christmas

Very disappointing result.but the players you mentioned are fringe players and most probably won't be at club next season. maybe only Quigley . when you look at that lineup cook was just giving them a final chance before making his mind up . Kidderminster shouldn't get to carried away as they beat a second string team really. big miss Grigg and Colclough as well . should still have had enough though to beat these. let's play strongest team selection possible for last 3 games and try get them 100 points plus. and not have season ended in a anti climax.

#254 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 02 April 2024 - 09:17 AM

View PostCFC91, on 02 April 2024 - 08:53 AM, said:

Footballs about momentum, confidence and form and if you lose that it can be difficult to get it going again

We should be finishing the season on a high, big crowds, big atmospheres and big results so everyone buys a ST, we finish the season with 4/5 wins against the bottom 8 and everyone looks forward to next year and remembers what a great season we’ve had and we feel like we can hit the ground running next season

There’s a danger we lose a bit of that finishing the season like this, the ground is a bit flat, away followings diminish, negativity creeps in a little and it’s all ends a bit flat, which given the amazing season we’ve had would be a real disappointment in my opinion.

You see the bounce clubs have following promotion - your Lincolns, Luton’s, Leicesters, Southamptons, Wrexhams etc who have had back to back promotions in recent years. That’s what we should be aspiring too, we’ve got our best crowds and positivity in decades and we should be covering ever base on and off the pitch to ensure we keep them here

When did Wrexham have back to back promotions?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#255 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 09:56 AM

View Postfishini, on 02 April 2024 - 09:17 AM, said:

Will reply in a couple of weeks

#256 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 12:27 PM

Web wasn’t on the touch line because he’s the 4th best coach.

You’ve essentially got an assistant manager who’s been relegated to set pieces who doesn’t take any training sessions.

Webb’s basically become a PR manager for the press but if Byrne stays could see Webb going.

#257 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 02 April 2024 - 12:38 PM

View PostRogerwillis, on 02 April 2024 - 12:27 PM, said:

You’ve essentially got an assistant manager who’s been relegated to set pieces who doesn’t take any training sessions.

Webb’s basically become a PR manager for the press but if Byrne stays could see Webb going.

Webb was on the touchline yesterday , several times he was giving instructions and he was also the one wired up to Cookie upstairs.

#258 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 02 April 2024 - 01:01 PM

View PostRogerwillis, on 02 April 2024 - 12:27 PM, said:

What a strange and inaccurate perception.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#259 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2024 - 01:09 PM

View Postfishini, on 02 April 2024 - 09:17 AM, said:

Certainly not in recent years having spent an age in the NL.

However, thanks to the Hollywood input they could achieve it this year.

I hope they do because I don’t want another season in the same league as them being the media darlings.

#260 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 02 April 2024 - 01:20 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 02 April 2024 - 01:01 PM, said:

What a strange and inaccurate perception.

I’m certainly am not clear on his status apart from the PR bit.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users