• You cannot reply to this topic

Bromley Thread

#261 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:22 PM

View PostCrossStreet62, on 17 April 2021 - 03:17 PM, said:

Decided to walk the dog...have a pint...and go in the garden for half an hour before I made any comments from what I’ve just watched. Not listened to any comments from the manager but can only feel he must be concerned about the way we are playing both individually as a team. The new signings who have played both games since joining are finding their feet but both have not hit the ground running and lifted the team. Our injury crisis to key players may come to bite us in the backside as we are weaker at both ends of the pitch which is a massive worry. Our creativity has fallen and the handful of chances that we are creating in a game have not been taken.
The efforts to get to where we are may have taken their toll as we seem flat and our pressing game just wasn’t there today...in fact they were probably better at it than us today.z
These are around us and battling for the playoff and are a useful outfit and have hit a run of form at the right time when ours seems to be deserting us.
These last 10 games look very difficult and for us to get to minimum 70 points which is probably what we need minimum. 18 points from 30 is definitely doable but we need a lot of luck and run of the ball.

and referees who can see when our players are obviously taken out in the penalty area so much so that their assistant manager apparantly said the one on Carline in the second half was a penalty

#262 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:23 PM

View Postazul, on 17 April 2021 - 07:10 PM, said:

It is a bit early to right him off. He didn’t seem in too much distress but he did point to the back of heel immediately. It might just be a minor strain but how long will he be out - how long is a piece of string?

That's why I put not confirmed yet,.. if he is out, we've lost the spine of the team,.. the replacements are to inconsistent to fire us back up the table given our next few games... playoffs are gunna be struggle.. but hopefully, somehow we can still achieve them.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#263 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 17 April 2021 - 07:23 PM, said:

That's why I put not confirmed yet,.. if he is out, we've lost the spine of the team,.. the replacements are to inconsistent to fire us back up the table given our next few games... playoffs are gunna be struggle.. but hopefully, somehow we can still achieve them.

I was referring to the post that we had three out with career threatening injuries
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#264 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:29 PM

View PostHalf Full, on 17 April 2021 - 06:06 PM, said:

For a number of seasons I've assumed we will concede from opponents' corners but that we will never score from our own. I'm now confident we can defend them but still don't believe we offer much threat from our own. Is it just me or are our corners too predictable and easy to defend?

I am no longer confident that we can defend anything in the air. In todays side there was only one player who I would describe as being good in the air - Carline. Our two best headers of the ball at both ends of the pitch are long-term injured - Hollis and Denton . Denton was in fact our best defensive player in the air. Injuries have done us -7th would be a fantastic achievement where we have come from and the situation we are in now..

#265 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:37 PM

View Postazul, on 17 April 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

I was referring to the post that we had three out with career threatening injuries

And I assumed that the 3rd was weston, who is pressumed to have an achilles injury
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#266 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:39 PM

View Postwhittman, on 17 April 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

and referees who can see when our players are obviously taken out in the penalty area so much so that their assistant manager apparantly said the one on Carline in the second half was a penalty

If JR is getting uptight re the dodgy decisions that tend to go against us, all I can say is, if he'd carried out proper due diligence (something he holds in high esteem) on this subject and our history, he wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole.

Here's hoping for a change in fortune.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 17 April 2021 - 07:43 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#267 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:49 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 17 April 2021 - 04:44 PM, said:

Wow. You wouldn’t want some of you lot in the trenches with you!

Rowe has gone from being a breath of fresh air, a God-send for the club to a bloke whose team selection is awful and spouts off the same old football cliches, churning out football as bad as the darkest few years in our clubs history.

All in the space of a couple of weeks. After being unbeaten in, what was it, 6 or 7 games? Hardly conceding a goal.

Folk need to get a serious grip and stop jumping from camp to camp depending on the weather.

You raise a good point but it is nothing new. For some it's either 100 mph in one direction or 100 mph in the other, there's no middle ground.

Post on social media that you like James Rowe and offer no reasoning for doing so and it will be met with likes and shares, post that you think JR could have done better because of X, Y & Z and you will be marked down. Only last week I was reading a couple of posts on here where JR was being praised for his post match appraisal despite the two posters readily admitting that JR had lost them with his analysis!

It's time the cheerleaders managed their own expectations and disappointment a bit better.

This post has been edited by Blue5: 17 April 2021 - 07:51 PM

#268 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:58 PM

View PostBlue5, on 17 April 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

You raise a good point but it is nothing new. For some it's either 100 mph in one direction or 100 mph in the other, there's no middle ground.

Post on social media that you like James Rowe and offer no reasoning for doing so and it will be met with likes and shares, post that you think JR could have done better because of X, Y & Z and you will be marked down. Only last week I was reading a couple of posts on here where JR was being praised for his post match appraisal despite the two posters readily admitting that JR had lost them with his analysis!

It's time the cheerleaders managed their own expectations and disappointment a bit better.

And you can guarantee those most outraged at the slightest and/or constructive criticism will be the most vitriolic against him if it all goes wrong

This post has been edited by azul: 17 April 2021 - 07:59 PM

#269 User is offline   The Whistler 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:39 PM

View PostDEATH, on 17 April 2021 - 06:22 PM, said:

So three key players out for a year with career threatening injuries.

Not good

Twelve world-class players who rediscovered their form after suffering an ACL injury
1. Virgil van Dijk
2. Roy Keane
3. Radamel Falcao
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
5. Alan Shearer
6. Marco Reus
7. Roberto Baggio
8. Ruud van Nistelrooy
9. Alessandro Del Piero
10. Xavi
11. Francesco Totti
12. Robert Pires

All of the above have comeback stronger. It is not a career threatening injury. Between 6 -9 months recovery.

The remaining forwards have to step upto the plate and perform. Not just about scoring goals Its there all round game.
The problem is none of the forwards we have are near to Akwasi's all round game.
If I was picking the forward line I would play with one up top and put and extra midfielder in.
Anyway Akwasi is being positive about it and cannot wait to get back, for next season.

#270 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:04 PM

View PostThe Whistler, on 17 April 2021 - 08:39 PM, said:

Twelve world-class players who rediscovered their form after suffering an ACL injury
1. Virgil van Dijk
2. Roy Keane
3. Radamel Falcao
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
5. Alan Shearer
6. Marco Reus
7. Roberto Baggio
8. Ruud van Nistelrooy
9. Alessandro Del Piero
10. Xavi
11. Francesco Totti
12. Robert Pires

All of the above have comeback stronger. It is not a career threatening injury. Between 6 -9 months recovery.

It can definitely be career threatening- you make it sound appealing-lol
I worked on the rehab on one of those players and he said it was the hardest most soul destroying time of his life- he almost quit but a lot of work with the psychologist helped.

6 months no- 9 possible but 12 better.
A lot depends on the quality of the surgery, resources and motivation of course.

Van Dijk not quite back yet -can’t see him being back until next session?

#271 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:14 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 17 April 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

Mate at work said season was over as soon as Hollis was ruled out, his injury has kind of put paid to any game plan, and since then all the goals have dried up, compiled with Asantes injury.

Coincides with Gunning and Carline completely dropping out of any sort of form, when a month back they were world beaters.
Carline? He's probably been our best player v Borehamwood and today.

View Postgordon_brittas, on 17 April 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

Last two games have been worst 2 performances under Rowe. If we turn up like that against Halifax and Wrexham you’re looking at zero points. I think we have a right to be disappointed as we have been on a B****Y good run.

Maidenhead, Stockport and Borehamwood (all the away games) were far worse. Imho
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#272 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:22 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 April 2021 - 04:20 PM, said:

Made a point of watching Oyeleke today. He made runs and always seemed to offer himself in a way others didn't. Nor did he lose or misspass the ball as often.

Wonder if it's a case of him being on a higher wavelength than a few around him.

Rowe gets an extended honeymoon period this season. A deserved one given our phenomenal improvement. However he's been very well backed - including the contract extension that was somehow manufactured - so next season there're no excuses...
That was the most sensible post of the day.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#273 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:54 PM

View PostThe Whistler, on 17 April 2021 - 08:39 PM, said:

1. Virgil van Dijk
2. Roy Keane
3. Radamel Falcao
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
5. Alan Shearer
6. Marco Reus
7. Roberto Baggio
8. Ruud van Nistelrooy
9. Alessandro Del Piero
10. Xavi
11. Francesco Totti
12. Robert Pires

The remaining forwards have to step upto the plate and perform. Not just about scoring goals Its there all round game.
The problem is none of the forwards we have are near to Akwasi's all round game.
If I was picking the forward line I would play with one up top and put and extra midfielder in.
Anyway Akwasi is being positive about it and cannot wait to get back, for next season.

Two of the 3 have ruptured Achilles- most definitely a career threatening injury, and first report in the times said Asante had also done his Achilles .

An ACL can be a career threatening injury - Jamie Lowry interviewed on legends of the spire recently. It doesn’t have to end a career, but it can certainly threaten a players career.

Remember, i didn’t say career ending. I said career threatening.
A new hope.

#274 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:03 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 17 April 2021 - 04:44 PM, said:

Wow. You wouldn’t want some of you lot in the trenches with you!

Rowe has gone from being a breath of fresh air, a God-send for the club to a bloke whose team selection is awful and spouts off the same old football cliches, churning out football as bad as the darkest few years in our clubs history.

All in the space of a couple of weeks. After being unbeaten in, what was it, 6 or 7 games? Hardly conceding a goal.

Folk need to get a serious grip and stop jumping from camp to camp depending on the weather.

If the cliches bit is aimed at me, I did make a similar comment when we were winning, so not knee jerk, just an opinion. I think most of his interviews are too measured and lack any personal character.

#275 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

hollis, weston and asante big part of our spine, gunning too but seems he will be a 50% player for the run in, will this force a rethink in terms of system and style of play? you can't always just sign your way out of problems big test now for rowe how he responds to some major set backs

#276 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:51 AM

Rowe looked intense and emotional in the Bromley Post Match interview. Never seen him as animated as he was after yesterdays game. Shows he has great passion and has truly put his heart into the club and getting us success. Fair play to him, he cares about the Team, Club, Fans and all connected. You could see yesterdays circumstances really affected him. Think positive and positive things will happen,... whatever happens in the remainder of this season it has been a remarkable transition and achievement from 4 or 5 months ago.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#277 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:12 AM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 18 April 2021 - 06:51 AM, said:

Rowe looked intense and emotional in the Bromley Post Match interview. Never seen him as animated as he was after yesterdays game. Shows he has great passion and has truly put his heart into the club and getting us success. Fair play to him, he cares about the Team, Club, Fans and all connected. You could see yesterdays circumstances really affected him. Think positive and positive things will happen,... whatever happens in the remainder of this season it has been a remarkable transition and achievement from 4 or 5 months ago.

He'd every right to look tense and emotional. Our performance was not as bad as some think although Bromley performed well against our injury weakened side. Their's was a classic away performance. Ours was, yet again, a case of missed chances and poor refereeing. I'm sure ref after ref don't mean to be bias but some of their performances and decision making seem to suggest they see far more in favour of the opposition. I hope yesterday's men in black watch a replay of the key decisions they missed and are duly proud of themselves because, quite simply, they were not good enough.

As supporters we need to keep behind JR and the lads. They have done us proud to drag us out of the doldrums to the height of expectation. A bit of luck, some better refereeing, and we might still realise the dream. But, come the end of the season JR will be able to clear out a large number of players and bring in others that I believe may well have been already identified. The shame is that he will have to effectively replace key players who will not be featuring for a large part of next season and he can't have planned for that.

#278 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:16 AM

View Postdtp, on 18 April 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

He'd every right to look tense and emotional. Our performance was not as bad as some think although Bromley performed well against our injury weakened side. Their's was a classic away performance. Ours was, yet again, a case of missed chances and poor refereeing. I'm sure ref after ref don't mean to be bias but some of their performances and decision making seem to suggest they see far more in favour of the opposition. I hope yesterday's men in black watch a replay of the key decisions they missed and are duly proud of themselves because, quite simply, they were not good enough.

As supporters we need to keep behind JR and the lads. They have done us proud to drag us out of the doldrums to the height of expectation. A bit of luck, some better refereeing, and we might still realise the dream. But, come the end of the season JR will be able to clear out a large number of players and bring in others that I believe may well have been already identified. The shame is that he will have to effectively replace key players who will not be featuring for a large part of next season and he can't have planned for that.

spot on. i think the shape of the squad next year will be very interesting and i'd suggest very exciting too.

#279 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:41 AM

View PostDEATH, on 17 April 2021 - 09:54 PM, said:

Two of the 3 have ruptured Achilles- most definitely a career threatening injury, and first report in the times said Asante had also done his Achilles .

An ACL can be a career threatening injury - Jamie Lowry interviewed on legends of the spire recently. It doesn’t have to end a career, but it can certainly threaten a players career.

Remember, i didn’t say career ending. I said career threatening.

Weston has an sore Achilles which isn’t necessary the same as Achilles rupture. It could be anything from needling a bit physio to an operation. The problem is even if he has minor tear, that is not going away quickly and that could lead to a complete failure and so it may sideline him for a while, operation or not.

Rowe in his post match interview described it as ‘sore’ and the we’ll see in the ‘24 hours’. So it probably best to wait and see.

This post has been edited by azul: 18 April 2021 - 09:47 AM

#280 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:36 PM

View Postdtp, on 18 April 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

Some teams exploit the poor standard of refereeing at this level than others.

Our last 2 opponents are masters at it.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users