• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gerrard

#261 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:42 PM

Is anyone really surprise by the result of the procedure,.. I doubt there was ever any sort of investigation, it probably went summat like, what went off anto, oh some nob on twitter giving it the big un, I told him I got injured rifling his mum, both then laffed, OK we put out an apology tomoz, keep off twitter for a day or 2 OK....
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#262 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

View Postazul, on 17 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

He’ll probably have a long wait - Gerrard will still be in bed

Or railing the guys mum whilst he's stood at the stadium.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#263 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostBlue5, on 15 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

On 7th January 2019, Graham Bean and the club issued a tariff in respect to supporter conduct. One category covers malicious communication and reads:

Banning Order: Five years.
Inciting hatred and/or making malicious communications to the detriment of the club.

I am sure Graham will agree that club discipline has to be consistent across all stakeholder groups and I will let him decide on how many points the following tweets qualify:

"Anthony Gerrard

@antgerrard86
Replying to
@Matty_Singo
Oh and to answer your original question, pulled my hammy last Saturday night while I was rifling your mother, hope that clears that up

7:00 PM · Sep 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone"

"Anthony Gerrard

@antgerrard86
Replying to
@RobCFC88
@Matty_Singo
and
@ianevatt23
Lies and more lies! Your hero absolutely soiled it when I stuck it on him for the 1st time, and the other week again in front of all his players. Don’t believe me? There was at least 9/10 people who witnessed this.

8:54 PM · Sep 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone"

Clearly not consistent across all groups!

#264 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Stick a FOI request in to see Gerard's contract and it will show his terms of rules and responsibilities.

Club bottled it.

#265 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Not sure an FOI request stretches to someone else’s personal terms
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#266 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

You've lost it now CPS. Can I do a FOI request on your PIN number for your bank card?

#267 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 17 September 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Is anyone really surprise by the result of the procedure,.. I doubt there was ever any sort of investigation, it probably went summat like, what went off anto, oh some nob on twitter giving it the big un, I told him I got injured rifling his mum, both then laffed, OK we put out an apology tomoz, keep off twitter for a day or 2 OK....

haha, im laughing at how accurate this is.

#268 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Punishment probably fits the crime, few people blowing it out of proportion cos he tweeted nasty things about Lester and Evatt (which were factually correct, at least the relegation parts anyway)

Gerrard is obviously an idiot, but there was no way they were gonna sack him for that

If he’d been any good this season, no one would have even contemplated calling for him to be let go

His performances and fitness bother me a lot more than him arguing with a fan on twitter!

#269 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 17 September 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

So. The "supporter" not only goes on the attack over social media but he wants to carry on any grievance face to face. This "supporter" could have just left it alone but couldn't.

The supporter should now be held to account for what he is doing.

I sent a message on FB to the fan when he announced that he had gone to the ground at 9am this morning to face the big man full on. I told him not to go acting like a billy big man (or words to that effect). as he could be looked on as the trouble causer. No matter how unprofessional Gerrard had acted. If he had met the big man in the car park the fan could not win as there would be cctv footage. I advised him to let it rest, most fans agree that although probably provoked on twitter, Gerrard should not have responded in the way he did, even bringing Evo and Jack into the equasion. Personally, I don't believe he should be club captain or in the starting eleven until he gets himself fitter. To me his attitude to the fans, particularly at away games, stinks, he hardly ever acknowledges the fans. If he's not in the team, the fans should forget him and leave him alone on social media. If he gets back into the team, God forbid, he is going to get a hell of a lot of grief from a lot of fans as he will have lost their respect. Weston was targeted at Bromley, but bounced back brilliantly to win motm, will Gerrard be able to achieve the same. Fans and players should be as one, if we are, we have a good chance of pushing for promotion. We all have to give 100% to the Blue shirt.
lindave

#270 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 September 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

It will be dealt with internally and we won't hear a bean, sorry, but no way he'll be sacked.

Told ya!
East stand second class citizen.

#271 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Only CPS seemed to think he'd be sacked. He was convinced. I'm just sorry we missed the opportunity to lose someone who seems to be a football issue due to his apparent disregard for his own fitness.

#272 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 17 September 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Why? Gerrard inviting him to ‘come to the ground on Tuesday and voice your opinion while your (sic) standing in front of me, rather than acting brave behind your phone’.

There’s really no need for the “supporter” business too.

So. It's Saturday night and Gerrard's sat watching tele with a can (possibly). His phone pings with a twitter message that asks why "Fatboy" wasn't playing. Just like I've mentioned numerous times before he was stupid to rise to it but he has given as good as he got with his replies which included the 9am comment.
But instead of it ending there, the supporter has decided to carry on the feud by turning up outside the club and tweeting a picture of himself to show the world that Gerrard is a coward who doesn't turn up. So not only has he started the feud on the phone he's wanting to carry it on face to face. And your saying that it's Gerrard that's at fault for it all when he didn't start it or didn't turn up to carry it on.

And the reason why I put the "supporter" like I did is because this club has a loyal following of supporters and do we all want to start arguments with the players over social media and then want to carry it on in person?
I cannot be the only person that thinks, that this kind of behaviour is irrational surely?

Right. Now I don't think for a second that Gerrard is right in what he did, but I do think that there was a definite over reaction to his comments. Simply because it's Anthony Gerrard.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#273 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:23 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 17 September 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

So. It's Saturday night and Gerrard's sat watching tele with a can (possibly). His phone pings with a twitter message that asks why "Fatboy" wasn't playing. Just like I've mentioned numerous times before he was stupid to rise to it but he has given as good as he got with his replies which included the 9am comment.
But instead of it ending there, the supporter has decided to carry on the feud by turning up outside the club and tweeting a picture of himself to show the world that Gerrard is a coward who doesn't turn up. So not only has he started the feud on the phone he's wanting to carry it on face to face. And your saying that it's Gerrard that's at fault for it all when he didn't start it or didn't turn up to carry it on.

And the reason why I put the "supporter" like I did is because this club has a loyal following of supporters and do we all want to start arguments with the players over social media and then want to carry it on in person?
I cannot be the only person that thinks, that this kind of behaviour is irrational surely?

Right. Now I don't think for a second that Gerrard is right in what he did, but I do think that there was a definite over reaction to his comments. Simply because it's Anthony Gerrard.

They have both behaved like Dicks.

Two Dicks don't make a right, or something like that.

#274 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

View Posthilly81, on 17 September 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

They have both behaved like Dicks.

Two Dicks don't make a right, or something like that.

I think Liverpool signed Mark Wright for 2.85m and Dicks for 2.25m, making Wright about one and a third of a Dicks.
These go to eleven.

#275 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:33 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 17 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Stick a FOI request in to see Gerard's contract and it will show his terms of rules and responsibilities.

Club bottled it.

So when did Chesterfield Football Club become a public body?

#276 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

View PostJonB, on 17 September 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

If you have a look at the tweets of the "fan" who seemed to start it then you can see tweets at Gerrard along similar lines the week before and even as far back as the end of July. Throw in some charming responses to the guy who has replaced Graham covering CFC for the DT recently as well and he seems to be very happy to throw some utter crap around on social media. Whilst Gerrard shouldnt really have responded as he did it seems as though this weekend was the one that he'd finally had enough of the comments.

Then why brag about confronting Ian Evatt?

And what was Gerrard's excuse at Oldham?

But anyway, the Club's response surprises no one. Nor do the dividing lines on here.

The current CFC deserve Gerrard whilst those tolerating such episodes deserve the current CFC...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#277 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 17 September 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Only CPS seemed to think he'd be sacked. He was convinced. I'm just sorry we missed the opportunity to lose someone who seems to be a football issue due to his apparent disregard for his own fitness.

I was being sarcastic - of course he wasn't going to be sacked by the club who signed CHED was he ?

#278 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

This thread has probably just about run it’s course now, but I’m still amazed how some folk are not quite grasping the issue here.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Gerrard started this particular social media dispute ( other than it was born out of the fact that he is grossly overweight for a professional footballer ).

I don’t think anyone is denying that the fan who shot his mouth off, so to speak, was acting like a bit of a tool in that he appeared to be seeking a reaction from Gerrard.

The issue is quite clearly that Gerrard is not a paying punter but an employee of the club. The captain, nonetheless.

His reaction was totally unacceptable and not fitting of a professional sportsman in his position. It is embarrassing for himself, or should be, and is embarrassing for the club.

The club has attempted to bring their paying supporters to task on previous occasions and it’s about time they took responsibility for their own and got their house in order.

Or am I misreading things?

#279 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

I have not commented on this matter 'til now as I don't know in detail exactly what has been said on Twitter or whatever. I don't understand the mindset of a lot of today's generation when commonsense, respect, and decency don't come into play. It seems, though, that some idiot thought it clever to provoke a less than bright footballer into a reaction when we all know it would be better to have just ignored such provocation. But, then, how many of us would just walk away from provocation in the local pub or wherever?

The person subjected to the original provocation has faced a disciplinary meeting - quite correctly for his part in the matter - but, what will happen to the person who initiated the provocation? There are those who appear to know who this person is - what are they going to do about it? If nothing is done then he will think it's ok to behave in this uncivilised way and so might continue to do so.

#280 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 17 September 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

This thread has probably just about run it’s course now, but I’m still amazed how some folk are not quite grasping the issue here.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Gerrard started this particular social media dispute ( other than it was born out of the fact that he is grossly overweight for a professional footballer ).

I don’t think anyone is denying that the fan who shot his mouth off, so to speak, was acting like a bit of a tool in that he appeared to be seeking a reaction from Gerrard.

The issue is quite clearly that Gerrard is not a paying punter but an employee of the club. The captain, nonetheless.

His reaction was totally unacceptable and not fitting of a professional sportsman in his position. It is embarrassing for himself, or should be, and is embarrassing for the club.

The club has attempted to bring their paying supporters to task on previous occasions and it’s about time they took responsibility for their own and got their house in order.

Or am I misreading things?

Not for me, I think the club have played it right on this occasion, apart from he seemingly remains club captain

Share this topic:

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users