• You cannot reply to this topic

Matchday Tickets Buying on the day

#101 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 20 January 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Can someone just walk up and buy a ticket without giving any personal info whatsoever, similarly to buying something at your local co-op?
If not what is the least bit of info that they need to show or inform the ticket office?
Edit, apologise for not emailing you but due to previous events I'm not sure my email address would be private.

Minimum will be postcode and surname. It’s going to take the back office team a few games to get in to the swing of things and hopefully with the extended online options we will see an increase in that channel. We will see how it goes but if it’s not suitable for our fans buying habits / times we will revisit the project.

No I appreciate that and if you don’t know me well enough it’s easy to question the confidentiality.

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Should we be warning away fans?

Away clubs will be notified as part of the pre match briefing.

#102 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Is it optional?

If people wanting to purchase tickets refuse to impart the requested information is a ‘sorry, you can’t buy tickets’?

Also if someone is purchasing multiple tickets is the request made for information about all intended ticket users?

#103 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Is it optional?

If people wanting to purchase tickets refuse to impart the requested information is a ‘sorry, you can’t buy tickets’?

Also if someone is purchasing multiple tickets is the request made for information about all intended ticket users?

No one will be refused tickets if they don’t wish to give the minimum info. They will be given a form to consider the request at a later date.

No individual information won’t be required. Just the lead purchaser regardless of how many tickets.

#104 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 20 January 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

No one will be refused tickets if they don’t wish to give the minimum info. They will be given a form to consider the request at a later date.

No individual information won’t be required. Just the lead purchaser regardless of how many tickets.

Under the newly amended Data Protection Act 2018, people have the right to choose who holds information on them and can also request to see what information a company holds on them and can ask for it to be destroyed.
Any business that retains customer information must be registered with the ICO, I hope CFC are registered.
Have passport will travel

#105 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 20 January 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

Thank you,

#106 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 20 January 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

If anyone has any genuine questions / queries / concerns you are welcome to email me at lesleybrentnall@chesterfield-fc.co.uk or privately on Facebook.

I am open to discussing anything with anyone but I won’t be party to conversations that rip fellow town fans to shreds, make knee jerk judgements or jibes about personal appearances. You can attempt open dialogue but as this thread has proved it’s just not possible on this forum at this time.

Mr Mercury - I am the one with advanced knowledge / training in GDPR. All of the new process satisfy the legal basis / legitimate interest and have been thoroughly checked. Contact details above if you require anything further.

Hold on a minute Lesley - you chose to involve yourself on this thread then tried to deflect by naming others when questions became awkward.

Wasn't that a 'knee jerk reaction'? And who's been 'ripped to shreds'? Where has anyone made a jibe about personal appearance?

Maybe you can explain what 'open dialogue not possible on this forum at this time' means, too.

PS: can you tell those of us who also have experience with GDPR how your training or knowledge is somehow 'advanced'? Sorry to appear doubtful mi' duck, but given the discrepancies between what you claim to've said at the AGM and what others remember...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#107 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 20 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hold on a minute Lesley - you chose to involve yourself on this thread then tried to deflect by naming others when questions became awkward.

Wasn't that a 'knee jerk reaction'? And who's been 'ripped to shreds'? Where has anyone made a jibe about personal appearance?

Maybe you can explain what 'open dialogue not possible on this forum at this time' means, too.

PS: can you tell those of us who also have experience with GDPR how your training or knowledge is somehow 'advanced'? Sorry to appear doubtful mi' duck, but given the discrepancies between what you claim to've said at the AGM and what others remember...

Tbf to Lesley, there is on line proof of what was said at the agm, Karen Johnson tweeted what she said. @editgirl1

#108 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 20 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

For heaven's sake, don't you ever leave off? The lass came on here to try to clear up a few queries and next thing she's treated as if she's involved in the biggest scam since Watergate.
She's trying to help the club, as opposed to drag it down at every opportunity. Cut her a bit of slack, and if you've got a problem speak to her privately, instead of joining the other paranoids on this thread.

This post has been edited by h again: 20 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

#109 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:48 PM

View Posth again, on 20 January 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

For heaven's sake, don't you ever leave off? The lass came on here to try to clear up a few queries and next thing she's treated as if she's involved in the biggest scam since Watergate.
She's trying to help the club, as opposed to drag it down at every opportunity. Cut her a bit of slack, and if you've got a problem speak to her privately, instead of joining the other paranoids on this thread.

You're discredited when it comes to the vast majority of off-field CFC matters. The list of those people you've repeatedly defended would be utterly hair-raising.

As a result your posts have to be of a very high level to deserve any respect.

This one fell some way short I'm afraid.

#110 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

You're discredited when it comes to the vast majority of off-field CFC matters. The list of those people you've repeatedly defended would be utterly hair-raising.

Very fairly put.

#111 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 18 January 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

Lesley has said on Facebook that there will be 1 window open until kickoff. Personally I feel that everyone needing ID to buy a ticket is major overkill. Having people's names wouldn't have helped prevent the pitch invasions, nor would it have made it easier to identify anyone as they weren't in their seats!!!

So although the club says tickets will not be available after 14.45 it will be OK because Lesley says on Facebook they are till 15.00 which is it and perhaps Lesley can get the club to clarify this

#112 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

View Postoldgoat, on 20 January 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

So although the club says tickets will not be available after 14.45 it will be OK because Lesley says on Facebook they are till 15.00 which is it and perhaps Lesley can get the club to clarify this

Lesley who is on the ticket window, she is an associate director, so yes I believe what Lesley says on facebook

#113 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

So, to summarise this is where we appear to be with this.

Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.

Only if you want them to be.

•You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.

You may be, but are under no obligation to provide it to purchase tickets.

•Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility.

As they are now?

Ticket office windows will close 15 minutes before kick-off.

Untrue.

There will be ticket checks at turnstiles on matchdays.

As there can be now.

I’m glad that the club got this right with that statement or we’d have nothing to talk about on a Sunday evening.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 20 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

#114 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

He's also discredited when advising anyone to meet privately, he's the epitomy of a keyboard warrior. Like you say completely discredited on here.
East stand second class citizen.

#115 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 20 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

He's also discredited when advising anyone to meet privately, he's the epitomy of a keyboard warrior. Like you say completely discredited on here.

I have no issue with him wanting to maintain his privacy. If I posted the amount of garbage* he has down the years I would want to too in case someone with a long memory came and tapped me on the shoulder.

*I'm not suggesting I haven't occasionally.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 20 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

#116 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.

•You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.

•Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility.

As they are now?

Untrue.

As there can be now.

I’m glad that the club got this right with that statement or we’d have nothing to talk about on a Sunday evening.

haha, brilliant. glad we got things straightened out

#117 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:09 PM

"I am open to discussing anything with anyone but I won’t be party to conversations that rip fellow town fans to shreds, make knee jerk judgements"

this forum uncovered rafflegate also the acadamy scandal to name but two. (Which colmanated in a board member on here getting threats at his place of work)

Knee jerk judgements? Forgive some of us for being slightly suspicious of the clubs motives.

Lesley I think you seriously under estimate the gap between many fans and the current ownership, its like youre living in some kind of bubble.

This post has been edited by claycross spireite: 20 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

#118 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Lol brilliant post Westbars! The web that is CFC gets more tangled as times go by. Why would anybody who is a town want to be associated with this shower of dog poo. Answer lesley after clearing with Ashley what no longer runs the club day to day
#notapennymore

#119 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

I'm a bit confused to what the club will achieve even if I give my details how do they identify me from that ? If I was daft enough to invade the pitch or misbehave how does the club having my details stop that. I must state that I won't be running onto the pitch anytime soon in fact I won't be running anywhere.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#120 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

As they are now?

Untrue.

As there can be now.

Online ticket sales ceased at 11am for afternoon kickoffs and 4pm for evening kickoffs so this bit is at least a positive move
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users