Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chesterfield V Gateshead - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chesterfield V Gateshead

#241 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 23 September 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

The new Smith didn't strike me as a player who will grab midfield by the scruff of the neck. First impressions are another duff signing by Allen. He must be stopped from signing dross before it's too late.

It must have been his first full competitive match for sometime but I think needs must yesterday so he was pitched in from the start

The jury must be out till he has played two or three matches surely

#242 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

Fair enough but fitness to one side he didn't look like the type to hold the ball

#243 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 September 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

One thing I'm certain of is that Drew is man, professional, and honest enough to face the music again if asked and assuming he's not injured. So he'd be first on my sheet. Second on my sheet would be Weir who for all his failings knows how to play defensive midfielder. Hollis was caught out of position with two goals but he's got pace, so he's in. Reid committed the cardinal sin of losing the ball by trying something daft and paid the price but in general he is a good player, so he's in...…..

Jalal

Drew, Nelson, Hollis, JBW

Smith, Weir

Rowley, Carter, Reid

Denton.

#244 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

Reid can’t last the full 90 neither can weir, jerome Binno is not a full back . If we play Denton we have to go for a Lincoln style long ball game. The pieces don’t fit together

#245 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

No place for both Denton and Fortune in the starting lineup imo.

A penalty and a tap in you'd have scored. Fortune isn’t the man to play up top with Denton in my view. Hines, someone like that maybe.

Love to be proven wrong - If he goes with this and it works (we win games), then I’d hold my hands up.

I'd have Hines before MAF but in case it has escaped your notice he will be missing 3 games
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#246 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

View Postazul, on 23 September 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'd have Hines before MAF but in case it has escaped your notice he will be missing 3 games

It’s not escaped me. Denton and Fortune up top is not for me.

I’d rather go Denton up top alone and three behind.

Rowley Carter Kayode

Denton

Something like the above anyway...

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 06:03 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#247 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

It’s not escaped me. Denton and Fortune up top is not for me.

I’d rather go Denton up top alone and three behind.

Rowley Carter Kayode

Denton

Something like the above anyway...

Oh yes didn't think of that, Denton running the channels just like Doyle did
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#248 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

View Postazul, on 23 September 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Oh yes didn't think of that, Denton running the channels just like Doyle did

No, not at all. You can have a forward in that position who doesn’t run the channels. The midfielders do that and not Denton. Like the Chelsea (Giroud) and Arsenal (Lacazette) forward today in their games.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#249 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

You're also the bloke who's spent three seasons saying everything was the fault of a Hird/Evatt pairing that should be replaced with 'big, slow cloggers who hope to win by physical force'.

But hey, I don't expect you to 'acknowledge this any time soon'...

A new low even for you. Hird and Evatt should certainly have been replaced, you got that right.

The rest is pure fantasy, so nothing new there.

#250 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:55 PM

View Postdtp, on 23 September 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Drew seemed to have the wrong studs in yesterday as he struggled to stay on his feet. He's been a useful player for us but I don't think he has had a good 90 minutes this season. There are those who disagree, I know, but he like most of the other outfield players, yesterday, needs to show a 100% improvement immediately or they can pick up their cards on Friday as far as I am concerned - they all looked like they'd been on the ale the night before and were scared of facing the Mrs. Mind you, if any of their partners were watching I'd like to think they had banned them to the spare bedroom in order to remind them what they need to do to continue to earn a wage from their chosen profession and to earn a return to the communal bed - improve their performance!!!

Drew had a bad one yesterday, but no worse than the others. We tend to notice his mistakes more because we know how good he can be - the others I guess we're becoming resigned to.
I keep my fingers crossed that a long history of injury isn't catching up with him.

#251 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

View Posth again, on 23 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

A new low even for you. Hird and Evatt should certainly have been replaced, you got that right.

What are your reflections, looking back, on your assertion that you were the only one asking where the money had gone?

Do you perhaps consider it a little crass when a well respected businessmen, BB contributor and season ticket holder had been threatened by heavies protecting the interests of those leeching from our club?

A waffle-free answer would be appreciated.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 23 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

#252 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

h again said:

1537734646[/url]' post='1419886']

Found the money yet?
A new hope.

#253 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

View Posth again, on 23 September 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Drew had a bad one yesterday, but no worse than the others. We tend to notice his mistakes more because we know how good he can be - the others I guess we're becoming resigned to.
I keep my fingers crossed that a long history of injury isn't catching up with him.

Let's hope so because he can still put in some outstanding performances. As he gets older Ernie x3 will be proved right - eventually :)

#254 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

View Posth again, on 23 September 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Fantasy?

From the bloke who recently said Talbot had done well in central midfield for Pompey? Then went strangely quiet when asked for a snippet or two of evidence, of course.

But anyway, a couple of minutes in your archive (a couple of minutes being all I could stand) reveals loads of this: 'We need someone unlike him (Hird) who can win headers, react quickly to threats and not be bullied off the ball... play big blokes and get the ball into the opposition penalty area first time...it isn't pretty football, this isn't a pretty league, but it's effective...if under pressure find the opposition penalty area with a big bloke and a poacher in it...you certainly need a level of physical presence, big blokes who can't be leaned on... lacking a style we're suited to why not adopt the one that seems to work for most of the others - big bloke up front and get into the opposition penalty area as quickly and as often as possible...'.

Another quick lesson in social interaction - when you've made a hypocrite of yourself don't add liar to the list too...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#255 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 September 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Fantasy?

From the bloke who recently said Talbot had done well in central midfield for Pompey? Then went strangely quiet when asked for a snippet or two of evidence, of course.

But anyway, a couple of minutes in your archive (a couple of minutes being all I could stand) reveals loads of this: 'We need someone unlike him (Hird) who can win headers, react quickly to threats and not be bullied off the ball... play big blokes and get the ball into the opposition penalty area first time...it isn't pretty football, this isn't a pretty league, but it's effective...if under pressure find the opposition penalty area with a big bloke and a poacher in it...you certainly need a level of physical presence, big blokes who can't be leaned on... lacking a style we're suited to why not adopt the one that seems to work for most of the others - big bloke up front and get into the opposition penalty area as quickly and as often as possible...'.

Another quick lesson in social interaction - when you've made a hypocrite of yourself don't add liar to the list too...

Rumbled
East stand second class citizen.

#256 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 24 September 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

Let's hope so because he can still put in some outstanding performances. As he gets older Ernie x3 will be proved right - eventually :)

I don’t mind putting my neck on the line FG. I don’t think we should have had him back that’s my opinion. He had a fe good games after that but this season he’s been very poor and the mistakes he is making aren’t about fitness, he just looks a poor player nowadays.

#257 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

Leek Town
Spennymoor United
Bishop Auckland
Bury
Hartlepool United
Norwich City
Scunthorpe United
Kilmarnock
Bradford City
Hibernian
Cambridge United
Barnet

None of these are Sunday League sides. Michael Nelson played for them all.

Being very old I played Sunday League in the days when several of the teams fielded players who on Saturdays were part-time pro's. I once played in a Midland Sunday Cup match in which nine of the opposition had played for a Worcester City side doing well in the Southern League the day before.

Even then a select eleven wouldn't have lived with Chesterfield ...... and I don't think we'd have lived with the current side either. If you want to see the difference, search out a recording of Saturday's match between Lymington, from the Wessex Senior I think, and Torquay United. It was two different planets.

I'm not pro-Nelson. I'd be selecting Evans and Maguire and sticking to them, because switching centre backs every week seems like a way to concede goals and make mistakes. BUT, let's be realistic, to be capable of playing at this level at all at 38 Nelson isn't pants, however he chooses to wear his pants. People on here also expressed the view that Gozie Ugwu was Chesterfield's worst-ever player ..... but when we listed him, clubs at our level queued to express an interest. What was it Paul Shane who said, "There's no comedy without reality."? We kinda need a touch of reality too when assessing the standard of our players. Nelson would put a Sunday League centre forward in his pocket and bed him down nicely with the rest of his equipment.

#258 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

h again said:

1537734646[/url]' post='1419886']

A new low? Don’t be silly, that’s not even close.

The current low point on this message board is the arrogant, socially inept individual so lacking self awareness the he posted =

“I’m the only one asking where the money has gone”

When in actual fact he hadn’t asked anyone at all where the money had gone.

Meanwhile a bloke who really had been asking where the money had gone had hired goons sent to his workplace and threaten him and his nearest with physical violence.

No that post by Chris wasn’t a new low, you hold that particular “honour”, by quite a considerable distance.
A new hope.

#259 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Fantasy?

He's still putting his response together to my question.

I'm sure he'll respond any moment now.

#260 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Fantasy?

Putting the Hird nonsense to one side I think a fair few of us, me included, expected NL sides to be littered with donkeys...worryingly MA too it seems.. but we are the team with the most donkeys!

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users