Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Peak Fm Interviews - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Peak Fm Interviews The latest interviews from Chesterfield FC by Peak FM

#641 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 27 August 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I remember those peak fm phone ins when I said forget the conference it’s the North conference we are heading. Poor joe couldn’t believe it. I got ridiculed but I firmly believe it. 4 teams going down opens the door.

I’ve learnt my lesson from last time and dismissed what you said. Anything can happen and you may be right. My only advice is cut down the number of threads pal.

I am seriously worried about our Goals for column.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 27 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#642 User is offline   Peak FM reporter 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:18 AM

Hi,

I'm afraid Joe has moved on to his new job from today.. He's been a pleasure to work alongside over these last 18 months and I'm sure many of you will join me in wishing him well for the future! In the meantime I'll be taking over interview duties for a bit... here's the interview with Martin Allen ahead of tomorrow's game:

https://www.peakfm.c...o-orient-clash/

Cheers, Josh.

#643 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

Good luck at Sky Joe. All the best.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#644 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:43 AM

Nothing in that interview that inspires me. I don't think that he will last out the season, i will of course be happy if he proves me wrong and gets us up.

#645 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostRudeboy spireite, on 31 August 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Nothing in that interview that inspires me. I don't think that he will last out the season, i will of course be happy if he proves me wrong and gets us up.

it would be utter madness to get rid of MA. He has all the attributes we require & I'm positive whether its this season or next, he will make us better & get us firing. Of course its frustrating at the moment but its time to stick rather than twist as there really is no one better out there.

#646 User is offline   Peak FM reporter 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

Here's the interview with Martin ahead of Gateshead on Saturday.. We discuss all the recent in-comings and departures, among a few other bits...

https://www.peakfm.c...-i-will-get-it/

Cheers, Josh.

#647 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Carter getting 10 minutes in the closed door game doesn’t sound very promising and cortisone injections for Zavon (how long can he have these until ithings gonwrong?)
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#648 User is offline   Peak FM reporter 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

View Postazul, on 20 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Carter getting 10 minutes in the closed door game doesn’t sound very promising and cortisone injections for Zavon (how long can he have these until ithings gonwrong?)

It is certainly a worry... While Carter has been out, Zavon has seemed to be one of the only players capable of providing any creative influence

#649 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostPeak FM reporter, on 20 September 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

It is certainly a worry... While Carter has been out, Zavon has seemed to be one of the only players capable of providing any creative influence

All teams have injuries that take their top players out. Rising above it is the key to how our season goes, at this level there won't be depth but it also doesn't have transfer windows the team created by Martin Allen proves not good enough after 11 games that's the worry
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#650 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

I don't know the squad numbers for each club but imo a professional football club should have cover for every position

#651 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 20 September 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I don't know the squad numbers for each club but imo a professional football club should have cover for every position

Martin Allen said he wanted about 18 players originally so how would that work ?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#652 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 21 September 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Martin Allen said he wanted about 18 players originally so how would that work ?

You can do that with a few utility players, e.g. Talbot can easily cover th LB position, Hines can play wide ot in an attacking two, McGuire can play CB or LB.

Has MA ever just 18, perhaps that’s because he hasn’t got enough flexibility in his squad or it’s due to injury. He did also mentioned the loan market in the case of injuries (which has happened). People take 18 too literally as 18 quickly becomes 20 if you have two long term injuries.

#653 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

View Postazul, on 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

You can do that with a few utility players, e.g. Talbot can easily cover th LB position, Hines can play wide ot in an attacking two, McGuire can play CB or LB.

Has MA ever just 18, perhaps that’s because he hasn’t got enough flexibility in his squad or it’s due to injury. He did also mentioned the loan market in the case of injuries (which has happened). People take 18 too literally as 18 quickly becomes 20 if you have two long term injuries.

We currently have 23 players under contract. 5 of those are out on loan. We have 4 players in on loan. We have 1 player out for the season injured. Out of the 23 players that are actually at the club, there are another 2 players available for transfer and as such probably won't play for us. So we actually have 19 players available to chose from to our matchday squad of 16.

#654 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

I suppose the extra one is the keeper. He said we could manage with one.

#655 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 21 September 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

We currently have 23 players under contract. 5 of those are out on loan. We have 4 players in on loan. We have 1 player out for the season injured. Out of the 23 players that are actually at the club, there are another 2 players available for transfer and as such probably won't play for us. So we actually have 19 players available to chose from to our matchday squad of 16.

Players on the transfer list are definitely part of the squad and so are the long term injuries. Anyon isn’t likely to feature but Weir could be very close to being in the squad.

Anyway, l wouldn’t be amazed if there was another signing without another departure

#656 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

View Postazul, on 21 September 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Anyway, l wouldn’t be amazed if there was another signing without another departure

I'm left wondering now what we'll do if Denton gets injured. Either a very young 'un or a change of style or another signing.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#657 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

View Postdim view, on 21 September 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'm left wondering now what we'll do if Denton gets injured. Either a very young 'un or a change of style or another signing.

If Denton got injured medium/long term, I’d expect another replacement sharpish. Looks like MA has settled on his style of play and that involves a big presence up front and I’m not.sure he’d rely on a kid

#658 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

View Postazul, on 20 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Having gone through a few series of cortisone injections, I can tell you that too much over a short period of time, and it actually begins to weaken the tissues it should be providing pain relief from.

#659 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

View Postazul, on 21 September 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

McGuire can't play LB adequately but at least Drew can

#660 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

View Postazul, on 21 September 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

If Denton got injured medium/long term, I’d expect another replacement sharpish. Looks like MA has settled on his style of play and that involves a big presence up front and I’m not.sure he’d rely on a kid

If Denton gets injured there should be a replacement within the squad. That's what squads are for. Ugwu gone so I suppose it's the kid Levi. Madness to keep having to look for loans if someone gets injured. Getting a decent sized squad is better.

Share this topic:

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users