• You cannot reply to this topic

Cambridge V Chesterfield

#141 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Chucking money at someone doesn’t mean they can score goals... iF town chucked the same money at you, could you score the goals we need?

As Theresa May would say - hypothetical! <_<

#142 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

View Postbifocart, on 21 October 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Alright youth, you choose that. I'm not sure what you're basing it on, but ok.

At least you're not scapegoating Anyon. He's not the problem. He's a bog standard lower division keeper, but while the current regime are in charge he's all we are going to attract. There's no point in having a go at him in the way many on here are doing.

Allen and Carson are the problem.

Jack, for all he's done for us on the pitch, has no management record to speak of. I asked for opinions on here, and I was happy to take on board the comments about his motivational skills and his work at Forest, but I thought his was an appointment designed to appease the fans for five minutes more than owt else and I still do.
I love the bloke and I'm not going to turn on him,but I think he's made a mistake in coming back. I just hope he has the nous to get out quick.

I hope I'm wrong, we both want Town to survive. I hope your new found faith is not misplaced.
Me, it's horrible, but I think we are going down.

I see a bit of National League; its not like the old days in Div 4 when you got voted out and were left to hang out to dry in the Northern Premier League. Most of the grounds are ok, and if you're new to it it'll be novel. But it's rare that anyone gets out straight away; look at Halifax, Barrow, Southport, Wrexham. And once the Non-league mentality gets into your bones, it doesnt go away; you're off the map. Plucky non-leaguers in the cup draw.
There'll still be good days out, and if people think the thing to do is keep turning up like good lads and lasses in the meantime then great.
But the only way supporters can change the way this club is run is to withdraw all support for Allen and his vandals.

Come On You Blues.

I reckon the players are at maximum effort and "productivity" - Jack won't get much more out of this lot. The team's been 'Caldwellised.'
Jack needs to realise and take a leaf out of Lincoln's book when we go down. Physicality, pace and power - otherwise we'l be in the abyss for ever.

This post has been edited by Steve Kendall 1982: 21 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

#143 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

As Theresa May would say - hypothetical! <_<

Could you? No, thought not.

Come on dennis, keep us on this league.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#144 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

And some said he’s better than Tommy.... mmmm

2 weeks ago tommy was said to be 2 weeks away, hopefully back for Saturday, also is reed now suspended for Saturday? always difficult to really comment on someones performance when only listening to the game but sounded like he gave the ball away quite a bit today

#145 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Could you? No, thought not.

Come on dennis, keep us on this league.

Mate, you can go on about Dennis - as good a finisher as he is - he won't be able to do it on his own. He's the only one who can score but that's not enough. atm.

#146 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Just got home & still feeling very frustrated. We played pretty well & I've seen us win playing worse many times. There were only 2 negatives for me. The first cost us the game & is called Joe Anyon. He got away with the ball going back into the danger zone from saves against Crawley but not this time. As far as I could see for the first he was deceived by the pace of the ball rather than the flight, the ball seemed easily reachable. Second negative was Reed who gives the ball away from over hit passes far, far too often & he's the same every game. Everyone else I thought did well especially Evatt, Hird & Flores. We SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST THAT GAME!!!

#147 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Mate, you can go on about Dennis - as good a finisher as he is - he won't be able to do it on his own. He's the only one who can score but that's not enough. atm.

Tbh. I agree with you. Dennis will score goals all day long in this league. Trouble is, we conceded more than he scores.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#148 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 21 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I'm not there tbh. But on t'radio they said Wiseman was surprised to be taken off. Though I may have misheard.

With Lee back and JBW on left and Wiseman the right I think we've got a good back defence. Just need em on the pitch.

Don't think you misheard as that's what I thought was said as well.

Wiseman sounded like he was dealing with the aerial threat and pace of Ikpeazu and Ibehre quite comfortably.

Jack is gonna make mistakes tactically, all managers do...as you said in your earlier post though mate, I also think this was Jack's first dropped hogwash and to me seems like a needless change (We do have the benefit of hindsight though which Jack didn't at the time)
Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#149 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I reckon the players are at maximum effort and "productivity" - Jack won't get much more out of this lot. The team's been 'Caldwellised.'
Jack needs to realise and take a leaf out of Lincoln's book when we go down. Physicality, pace and power - otherwise we'l be in the abyss for ever.

I agree up to a point SK1982 but Caldwell's influence can be overstated.
The team are the visible expression of the way the club is being run.
Yes, physicality, pace and power are desirable. But we will not attract people with those qualities under the current regime. Jack may be a lure to some degree, but while the club's reputation is in the gutter to this extent we will continue attract short-termers and last-chancers.

#150 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

Just on train home now. We will be relegated if anyon continues in goal. Its not just that he is a poor keeper its the fact the defense has no confidence in him and it affects their play. No way in the world we should have lost today
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#151 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

View Postbifocart, on 21 October 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

I agree up to a point SK1982 but Caldwell's influence can be overstated.
The team are the visible expression of the way the club is being run.
Yes, physicality, pace and power are desirable. But we will not attract people with those qualities under the current regime. Jack may be a lure to some degree, but while the club's reputation is in the gutter to this extent we will continue attract short-termers and last-chancers.

I would think though that there were better players available in the summer than some of those we brought in for the alledged budget

#152 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

As for wiseman i thought he looked very much the right back he is playing left back. Briggs looked more natural there and was a threat.

#153 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 21 October 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Just on train home now. We will be relegated if anyon continues in goal. Its not just that he is a poor keeper its the fact the defense has no confidence in him and it affects their play. No way in the world we should have lost today

Could the defence stop the ball getting to him then if they have no confidence in him?

#154 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 21 October 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I would think though that there were better players available in the summer than some of those we brought in for the alledged budget

If so, then the question is why wouldnt they sign? Because the club's reputation is rock bottom due to mismanagement.

#155 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Could the defence stop the ball getting to him then if they have no confidence in him?

They did until a bloke kicked it onto the goal from the touchline.

#156 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Coming out of managing in non league with Gatehead and Halifax it looks as though Aspin has got Port Vale playing his way with 3 wins on the bounce with players more physically suited to this league

Jack however looks as though he is hampered on getting us to play a style more suited to climbing this league because the majority of our players were signed to play total passing from the back football by you know who and Carsons facebook mate

I think he let this slip in his interview tonight with his comment We are working at the moment with what we have got to improve our position or words to that effect

Best of luck Jack but ANOTHER vital match coming up next week against Carlisle

After Roche for Morcambe watch Liddle come and have us saying why did we let him go after that display next week

#157 User is offline   JuniorMcDougald 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

Didn't go. What was up with O Grady.

#158 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

View Postbifocart, on 21 October 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

If so, then the question is why wouldnt they sign? Because the club's reputation is rock bottom due to mismanagement.

no idea, its old ground again maybe we signed the players we wanted to but it was just poor judgement on what was needed. jack has said several times about how many centre mids we have, ok none of them are particularly any good but squad totally unbalanced. keeper was signed very early on in the window which suggests he was the keeper we wanted. there was the donal mcdermot saga but then we never went after any other wingers, chris o'grady thing went on for a while so it would seem we really wanted him and reports suggest we threw a lot of money at him to ensure this signing, I just think you look at the squad and it was poorly assembled.

#159 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostJuniorMcDougald, on 21 October 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Didn't go. What was up with O Grady.

Injured

#160 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

View Postwhittman, on 21 October 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Coming out of managing in non league with Gatehead and Halifax it looks as though Aspin has got Port Vale playing his way with 3 wins on the bounce with players more physically suited to this league

Jack however looks as though he is hampered on getting us to play a style more suited to climbing this league because the majority of our players were signed to play total passing from the back football by you know who and Carsons facebook mate

I think he let this slip in his interview tonight with his comment We are working at the moment with what we have got to improve our position or words to that effect

Best of luck Jack but ANOTHER vital match coming up next week against Carlisle

After Roche for Morcambe watch Liddle come and have us saying why did we let him go after that display next week

Aspin and his number 2 at Gateshead were on my wishlist before and after Caldwell. There was probably an element of the need to appease the fans in Vales signing him, but he also had a proven record of working from the ground up. If he keeps them up, I'll be saying Told You So to a lot of people.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users