Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Managers We Don't Want - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Managers We Don't Want

#281 User is online   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 18 January 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Isn't Radford from where your knight takes his name a very seedy place in Nottingham which for its main industry relies upon what is known as "the oldest profession in the world". Oh hang on it all fits.

Now whilst I can't argue about Radford being a dump, it was however also home to the world famous variety club the most bizarrely entertaining Sunday lunchtime I have ever had.
Surely that place can't still be going??
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#282 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

Another thread ruined

My dad's bigger than your dad!

#283 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostWooly, on 17 January 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

From Romans link it shows that apart from the last 5 years your attendances haven't been anything to shout about either.

2010 3.849
2009 3.449
2008 4.103
2007 4.235
2006 4.772
2005 4.961
2004 4.331 (5,207)
2003 4.108 (4,887)
2002 4.391 (4,919)
2001 4.846
2000 2.935
1999 4.564
1998 4.756
1997 4.639
1996 4.884
1995 3.528
1994 3.188
1993 3.213
1992 3.437
1991 3.712
1990 4.181
1989 3.717
1988 2.662
1987 2.576

You can see that for 3 years between 2002-2005 you had lower average attendances than Mansfield. That was one of the better Stags sides including players such as Lawrence, Baptiste, Disley, and Williamson that went on to play at the top level. See it all comes down to what's happening on the pitch and it's as simple as that. You have a period of success and your crowds go up a few thousand (you), end up in the Conference lose a few thousand (us). But for all this posturing from Roman and a few others the clubs are practically identical in size. All this Bertie Big Spuds stuff just makes you look arrogant and foolish.

No one's saying our crowds have been 'anything to shout about', I merely presented figures proving your accusation of being 'perennial Div 4 strugglers' wrong whilst saying we only averaged 'two or three thousand' during our worst periods.

Infact for all your cherry picking and attempts to deny facts what you've posted here actually supports my point.

The three years you enjoyed larger crowds?

Well yeah, as I said, Billy Dearden delivered a young, exciting, promotion winning side playing in a new stadium whilst we were recovering from a near death experience. Y'know, the rape and pillage of someone who actually did time for his crimes rather than simply being blamed by self-pitying and self appointed martyrs. And hey, doesn't the fact Sir Keith actually oversaw success kinda blow all your 'decades of misery' victimhood away?

So, the history books are laughing at you, the league tables are laughing at you, the attendance numbers are laughing at you, clubs you've made supposed bids to are laughing at you and, of course, everyone on 'Bob's Board' is laughing at you.

Meaning all you have left is just the same old waffle about maybe, perhaps, possibly, at some vague and unspecified date in the future, somehow finishing above us.

Yet even you've so little confidence in your own trolling you run away from a charity bet.

'Woo-woo, choo-choo'.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#284 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

View Posth again, on 17 January 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

No they don't - they just have to draw the response he craves from people who can't help themselves. If you really believed we were that much better you wouldn't dignify him with an answer.

Are you trying to say he's 'running rings 'round' me?

#285 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 18 January 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Meaning all you have left is just the same old waffle about maybe, perhaps, possibly, at some vague and unspecified date in the future, somehow finishing above us.

It's quite funny how his religious thinking has infected his attempts at logical thinking too. Well, funny or pitiful. Someone else can choose which. Maybe both.

#286 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

h again said:

1484696990[/url]' post='1272137']

No they don't - they just have to draw the response he craves from people who can't help themselves

Damn, I couldn't help myself.

A new hope.

#287 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 18 January 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

No one's saying our crowds have been 'anything to shout about', I merely presented figures proving your accusation of being 'perennial Div 4 strugglers' wrong whilst saying we only averaged 'two or three thousand' during our worst periods.

Infact for all your cherry picking and attempts to deny facts what you've posted here actually supports my point.

The three years you enjoyed larger crowds?

Well yeah, as I said, Billy Dearden delivered a young, exciting, promotion winning side playing in a new stadium whilst we were recovering from a near death experience. Y'know, the rape and pillage of someone who actually did time for his crimes rather than simply being blamed by self-pitying and self appointed martyrs. And hey, doesn't the fact Sir Keith actually oversaw success kinda blow all your 'decades of misery' victimhood away?

So, the history books are laughing at you, the league tables are laughing at you, the attendance numbers are laughing at you, clubs you've made supposed bids to are laughing at you and, of course, everyone on 'Bob's Board' is laughing at you.

Yet even you've so little confidence in your own trolling you run away from a charity bet.

'Woo-woo, choo-choo'.

You're deluding yourself Roma. From your own link it shows that 2,3, and 4 thousand gates have been the average you've had every year between 1982 and 2012. i.e the vast majority of the last THIRTY YEARS.
You go on to say "yeah but you only got better crowds than us for 3 years because Billy Dearden had a succesful team and you had a new ground" HALLO why do you think your crowds improved?
You mention Brown but even under him you were still inexplicably allowed to get promoted meaning your proven cheating crimes went largely unpunished. We had 15 years of asset stripping and 5 years in the Conference.
Finally nobody outside of this board is laughing at little old me, sunshine. However the way CFC is being run has become a nationwide joke. Face it fella, you know it and I know it, the whole of this messageboard knows it. CFC is a club in crisis, it's undeniable. You've never had it so bad.

♬♪♫♪"We're coming for you, We're coming for yoooooou, Chesterfield, We're coming for you."♪♫♪♬

Toot Toot!

p.s It's against my religion to gamble.

This post has been edited by Wooly: 18 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Choo Choo

#288 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostWooly, on 18 January 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

You're deluding yourself Roma. From your own link it shows that 2,3, and 4 thousand gates have been the average you've had every year between 1982 and 2012. i.e the vast majority of the last THIRTY YEARS.
You go on to say "yeah but you only got better crowds than us for 3 years because Billy Dearden had a succesful team and you had a new ground" HALLO why do you think your crowds improved?
You mention Brown but even under him you were still inexplicably allowed to get promoted meaning your proven cheating crimes went largely unpunished. We had 15 years of asset stripping and 5 years in the Conference.
Finally nobody outside of this board is laughing at little old me, sunshine. However the way CFC is being run has become a nationwide joke. Face it fella, you know it and I know it, the whole of this messageboard knows it. CFC is a club in crisis, it's undeniable. You've never had it so bad.

♬♪♫♪"We're coming for you, We're coming for yoooooou, Chesterfield, We're coming for you."♪♫♪♬

Toot Toot!

Are you related to Luke?
Non league refs WOW

#289 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

Toot Toot!

Give up. You're becoming more embarrassing than that club you support an epitome of your town
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#290 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Toot Toot!

Is it against your religion to be duplicitous?

Y'see I notice you've conveniently added a '4' when referring to our crowd averages, which once again confirms what I've been saying all along. Sure we witnessed two and three thousand averages during our worst seasons but, as you've finally accepted, many more were four-plus. I notice there're no more false claims of us being 'perennial Div 4 strugglers', either.

Hey, I had faith you'd get there in the end.

Then I can see it still kills you that the season featuring your hilarious four-nil humiliation at Saltergate followed by our virtual annexation of Mansfield and occupation of three sides of Field Mill ended in our promotion. Overcoming penalties twice decided upon by an independent panel, by the way. Strange, isn't it; we suffer at the hands of a fraudster subsequently jailed for his behaviour and it's the same old bitter spite. Yet despite never even being charged with any football related crimes you still bleat about the twenty years of misery Sir Keith supposedly inflicted. The same Sir Keith who delivered a new stadium - summat your small band of followers were happy to brag about when we were at Saltergate, two play offs and a promotion. And haven't you enjoyed a 'dream come true' FL return funded by a multi-millionaire so-called 'lifelong fan' since then? A Wembley visit, too? Huh, so much for two decades of torture.

Or is it just more of the duplicity I spoke of.

As for 'never had it so bad', we were left within hours of possible extinction by Brown. That was pretty 'bad'. However the entire Chesterfield community rallied 'round to save their local outfit. Indeed I seem to remember one of our clubs returning to being a 'perennial Div 4 struggler' whilst the other stayed up despite everything. Guess which.

But then to misquote our friends 'The Human League', our worst usually has been better than your best.

'Toot-toot'.

PS: Evans had any of those bids you were so desperate to tell us about accepted, yet? You'll learn...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 18 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

#291 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 18 January 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Is it against your religion to be duplicitous?

Y'see I notice you've conveniently added a '4' when referring to our crowd averages, which once again confirms what I've been saying all along. Sure we witnessed two and three thousand averages during our worst seasons but, as you've finally accepted, many more were four-plus. I notice there're no more false claims of us being 'perennial Div 4 strugglers', either.

Hey, I had faith you'd get there in the end.

Then I can see it still kills you that the season featuring your hilarious four-nil humiliation at Saltergate followed by our virtual annexation of Mansfield and occupation of three sides of Field Mill ended in our promotion. Overcoming penalties twice decided upon by an independent panel, by the way. Strange, isn't it; we suffer at the hands of a fraudster subsequently jailed for his behaviour and it's the same old bitter spite. Yet despite never even being charged with any football related crimes you still bleat about the twenty years of misery Sir Keith supposedly inflicted. The same Sir Keith who delivered a new stadium - summat your small band of followers were happy to brag about when we were at Saltergate, two play offs and a promotion. And haven't you enjoyed a 'dream come true' FL return funded by a multi-millionaire so-called 'lifelong fan' since then? A Wembley visit, too? Huh, so much for two decades of torture.

Or is it just more of the duplicity I spoke of.

As for 'never had it so bad', we were left within hours of possible extinction by Brown. That was pretty 'bad'. However the entire Chesterfield community rallied 'round to save their local outfit. Indeed I seem to remember one of our clubs returning to being a 'perennial Div 4 struggler' whilst the other stayed up despite everything. Guess which.

But then to misquote our friends 'The Human League', our worst usually has been better than your best.

'Toot-toot'.

PS: Evans had any of those bids you were so desperate to tell us about accepted, yet? You'll learn...

heyup ode lad

I have confession to make. This is the first time I've ever not bothered to read what you've posted.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#292 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

The lifelong fan who still dreams to own Doncaster Rovers! 😉

#293 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 18 January 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

The lifelong fan who still dreams to own Doncaster Rovers! 😉

This is correct,there is a picture of him in a Rovers shirt but can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.

#294 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 18 January 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Yeah Roma we've just signed Shaquile Coulthirst from Peterboro' until end of the season. That's 6 so far this January. How's it going over there?
Choo Choo

#295 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostWooly, on 19 January 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yeah Roma we've just signed Shaquile Coulthirst from Peterboro' until end of the season. That's 6 so far this January. How's it going over there?

Is he any good?

#296 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 19 January 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Is he any good?

The gaffer knows what he's doing Gimpy. Have you heard owt over there about any signings?
Choo Choo

#297 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostWooly, on 19 January 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hardly surprising with the fat bloke in charge....he manages teams like a 10yr old on Football Manager!!

#298 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostJonB, on 19 January 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hardly surprising with the fat bloke in charge....he manages teams like a 10yr old on Football Manager!!

Just thought the exact same thing haha. The unpleasant vision of him sat at home in his under pants and a stained vest eating a pie, scouting players for Mansfield off Football manager. The guys a prick.

#299 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Interesting one that, just talking to my Rotherham fan season ticket holding mate at work, he mentioned Evans and said the eventual issue at Rotherham was his playing staff turn over and the fact it had become unsustainable because he just bought shed loads of players in on the basis that he would get one good one for every 5 he brought in, wage wise it became unsustainable.

He also scaled down the youth team policy at Rotherham because he didn't believe in it and just wanted to sign players. Now Rotherham have no youth policy and have no young players to bring through but Barnsley who have focused on youth policy are holding their own and bringing lads through.

We will sign three players before the deadline, and next year we will be in League One and Mansfield will be in League Two. Simple.

This post has been edited by Tips M'Gee: 19 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#300 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostBigBlue, on 19 January 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Just thought the exact same thing haha. The unpleasant vision of him sat at home in his under pants and a stained vest eating a pie, scouting players for Mansfield off Football manager. The guys a prick.

Him and Wooly,a marriage made in heaven.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users