• This topic is locked

Protest Ideas

#81 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 25 October 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

I'd suggest if you're serious about doing something, don't organise it on here.

It's already been referred to by Les on Facebook

I can easily imagine a scenario where efforts being made to stop any visible protests

Let them, they can't gag us.

It's not MI5 stuff, our stewards ain'the going to be too enthusiastic are they.

This post has been edited by Dave In Footie Heaven: 25 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

God I hate this league.

#82 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 25 October 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Totally agree tedspireite, staying away will have no impact on the powers that be for this televised game. Banners, chants and car park protests will.

I disagree. I'm only boycotting this game. A sparse home crowd will hit Allen in the pocket for this game. It might show him how things could turn out unless he sacks Turnipe and gets somebody in who will run the club properly. I don't care if me and my lad are the only ones boycotting. I'll feel I'm making a point and the ticket money will not be there for Turnipe to fritter away. To do nothing isn't an option anymore. Boycotting may not be the right way to do it but I'm going to do it for the blades game.
#notapennymore

#83 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Maybe a closed social media group e.g facebook, where club officials cant see whats being posted, or see whos in it?

#84 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 October 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

The issue with any protest mid game will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on the players.

Pre match/Pre Kick off/Half Time/Post match would surely be better?

Gosh, it can't get more adverse than it is now - might do 'em some good!!

#85 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 25 October 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

I disagree. I'm only boycotting this game. A sparse home crowd will hit Allen in the pocket for this game. It might show him how things could turn out unless he sacks Turnipe and gets somebody in who will run the club properly. I don't care if me and my lad are the only ones boycotting. I'll feel I'm making a point and the ticket money will not be there for Turnipe to fritter away. To do nothing isn't an option anymore. Boycotting may not be the right way to do it but I'm going to do it for the blades game.

It's not just Turner though, thought this was interesting from the other thread

http://www.espnfc.co...nal-day-protest

#86 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

Not just you mate, i no it gets said alot, but our group of around 5-6 have stopped going, ive been to one this season, i even went to watch stavely last week, £5 to get in, £2.70 a pint of larger, £1.50 a pie! And the standard of football is not that different either .

#87 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Turner and allen.allen will just employ another clown.

#88 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

The crowd won't be that sparse even with a boycott, if people do boycott I predict they'll still be more there than at any other home game this season and we'll be getting a bit of tv money as well, it's not gonna hit his pocket that hard. Think it needs to be more of a vocal protest at this one. If people want to boycott then use a different game. I don't agree with a boycott anyway, we will be playing right into his hands, he's laughably tried to blame attendances anyway even when they've been excellent pretty much since we moved to the new stadium so it'll just give him more ammo to fire at us.

#89 User is offline   BLUE SINCE 62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

Perhaps a online advert advertising the club for sale might arouse some world wide interest ?
Or at least cause a stir in the press.

#90 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

How should I set up a private messaging system? Should I use a private facebook group or does anybody have any other suggestions?

This post has been edited by Angel Is A Spireite: 25 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

#91 User is offline   Douggie spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

View PostBluekent, on 25 October 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

The crowd won't be that sparse even with a boycott, if people do boycott I predict they'll still be more there than at any other home game this season and we'll be getting a bit of tv money as well, it's not gonna hit his pocket that hard. Think it needs to be more of a vocal protest at this one. If people want to boycott then use a different game. I don't agree with a boycott anyway, we will be playing right into his hands, he's laughably tried to blame attendances anyway even when they've been excellent pretty much since we moved to the new stadium so it'll just give him more ammo to fire at us.

We won't get TV money, ALIEN WILL. Get real

#92 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostDouggie spireite, on 25 October 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

ET?

#93 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

How about at the blunts game we all stand snd turn our backs on the game at a pre determined time
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#94 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

I'm not willing to miss any Town game and I know those around me wont either, I'd be cutting my own throat. I've supported them 50yrs through thick and thin and like the song says I'll always be a "Spireite till I die". I never want to experience anything like the dark Darren Brown days when 0n that terrible judgement day we only lost 9pts,and not our beloved club.
I'd be prepared to peacefully march through Town with banners but not in the ground (how would this help us to win such a massive game against the deedahs?).
lindave

#95 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostDouggie spireite, on 25 October 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Exactly my point you helmet. It's not going to hit HIS pocket.

#96 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

View Postlindave, on 25 October 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

I'm not willing to miss any Town game and I know those around me wont either, I'd be cutting my own throat. I've supported them 50yrs through thick and thin and like the song says I'll always be a "Spireite till I die". I never want to experience anything like the dark Darren Brown days when 0n that terrible judgement day we only lost 9pts,and not our beloved club.
I'd be prepared to peacefully march through Town with banners but not in the ground (how would this help us to win such a massive game against the deedahs?).

Sorry to upset you Dave, but this is probably going to end much, much worse than the last time around.

No, we aren't stupid in the fact we know there's probably no buyer out there with the best part of ten mill, but what are we supposed to do... Sit back and watch whilst it seems we are being taken to the cleaners?? And whilst that's happening our debt keeps spiraling even more so.

Yes, let's all sit back enjoy the football and clap at the end of the match; come on mate get real! Let's face it, either way we are in a right mess and it could well mean us starting all over again like several league clubs have before (shame Saltergates no more), but lets at least go down fighting mate!

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 25 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

#notapennymore

#97 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 October 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think Chris's idea is the best one. Get behind the team, enjoy the football if possible, but boycott concourse, 50-50 draw, and club shop purchases, and all club organised functions.

We've been doing this since Sammy Spireite was sacked

#98 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostAngel Is A Spireite, on 25 October 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Maybe a closed social media group e.g facebook, where club officials cant see whats being posted, or see whos in it?

Agree

#99 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 25 October 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Needs to be people just behind the dug outs......

It needs to be everyone

#100 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

View Postlindave, on 25 October 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Red card protest?

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users