Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2301 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 August 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

I think this shows just how desperate cash wise we are - we are paying for chefs and bar staff it seems. Security ?

Or is this an attempt to put off fans who will say kick off a bit.

In my opinion, there's absolutely no need for the club to be offering food, etc and the cost / trouble associated with that. It will waste 30 minutes and detract from the main event.

#2302 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

Perhaps the club will donate all proceeds to a local charity.

Am I missing something here?
Why should the club donate the money to a charity. AC came on here, offered the chance of a meeting for anyone to attend yet people still moan.

I think the club does more than enough for charities although I was unhappy how the Moss family were treated, but that's in the past.
I have been asked on numerous occasions for signed match-balls and shirts for raffle and auction prizes and I have never had a problem from the club when I've asked for the donation for different contacts I have.

You have your grievances with CT, why not turn up and challenge him? I would gladly pay your £10 and buy you an extra drink.
For the record, the directors of CFC have often paid up into different charities through sponsor forms that circulate the rooms.

Let's give them a break until the meeting and then kick off again if we are not happy with their responses.

Z

View Postfreelander2, on 26 August 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

In my opinion, there's absolutely no need for the club to be offering food, etc and the cost / trouble associated with that. It will waste 30 minutes and detract from the main event.

Only if you let it ;)
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#2303 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Am I missing something here?
Why should the club donate the money to a charity. AC came on here, offered the chance of a meeting for anyone to attend yet people still moan.

I think the club does more than enough for charities although I was unhappy how the Moss family were treated, but that's in the past.
I have been asked on numerous occasions for signed match-balls and shirts for raffle and auction prizes and I have never had a problem from the club when I've asked for the donation for different contacts I have.

You have your grievances with CT, why not turn up and challenge him? I would gladly pay your £10 and buy you an extra drink.
For the record, the directors of CFC have often paid up into different charities through sponsor forms that circulate the rooms.

Let's give them a break until the meeting and then kick off again if we are not happy with their responses.

Z

Only if you let it ;)

I'm glad they have offered the meeting. Presumably you agree that £10 is reasonable. I suggested giving to charity so the club can show this is not a money making venture but an honest attempt to build bridges with the fan base. Go on then I'll come to the meeting put me down for a ticket. I'm a reasonable guy and will give Turner a chance to explain himself and how he intends to make sure relations with the fans can be positive. I'll pay the tenner reluctantly but will hold you to that drink!!!
#notapennymore

#2304 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I'm glad they have offered the meeting. Presumably you agree that £10 is reasonable. I suggested giving to charity so the club can show this is not a money making venture but an honest attempt to build bridges with the fan base. Go on then I'll come to the meeting put me down for a ticket. I'm a reasonable guy and will give Turner a chance to explain himself and how he intends to make sure relations with the fans can be positive. I'll pay the tenner reluctantly but will hold you to that drink!!!

That's great mate & thanks for the reply, I don't think it could be classed as a money making venture tbh, I would go as far as saying the club will lose money by opening the kitchen & bar. The drink is no problem.
We all have a chance of setting the record straight but as I have mentioned before, people have to make their own minds up regarding the answers that are given.

Z

#2305 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 26 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I think you are taking the thread off on a tangent when we should be talking about the discussion format.

See how gullible we all are - it's that easy.
God I hate this league.

#2306 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

So far we have 17 fans; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite

& myself

Rather than us all having a free for all, DIFH mentioned a format. I'm not saying we should have an agenda but it would help if we had a script so that all the questions can be asked that need bringing up and so we don't miss anything out or duplicate questions. Perhaps Spireitenag, Moondog or Freelander2 could collect the questions via PM so that they don't appear on view in the forum. This way the answers can't be pre-planned.

Z

#2307 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

So far we have 17 fans; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite

& myself

Rather than us all having a free for all, DIFH mentioned a format. I'm not saying we should have an agenda but it would help if we had a script so that all the questions can be asked that need bringing up and so we don't miss anything out or duplicate questions. Perhaps Spireitenag, Moondog or Freelander2 could collect the questions via PM so that they don't appear on view in the forum. This way the answers can't be pre-planned.

Z

Can I just say something and thank you for the invite, I'm selfish and I'm going for my own purpose no I don't want to give anyone my questions at all before to some of them names mentioned above, I can get my own conclusions from listening and observing and if I want to ask a question I will politely. I respectively don't believe some of the names mentioned above so that's my right surely !! It was an invite you asked for names so why is an agenda now being proposed ? Certain people on here think they speak for the collective and I can honestly say they don't. I am just intrigued (worried maybe) but as I say it's for a selfish reason and then from this meeting if I think it's worthwhile there won't only be 2 investors putting money in thinking its a good cause. By the way forever a spire this way you don't have to Pm me with the rubbish you did you can come and say it face to face over the pie and peas you can even have my pint because I will be driving back to Rochdale. One thing I will be intrigued about is putting faces to names that spout of on here and which ones do have the nuts they think they have to challenge without a keyboard under their fingers.

#2308 User is online   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:41 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 26 August 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Can I just say something and thank you for the invite, I'm selfish and I'm going for my own purpose no I don't want to give anyone my questions at all before to some of them names mentioned above, I can get my own conclusions from listening and observing and if I want to ask a question I will politely. I respectively don't believe some of the names mentioned above so that's my right surely !! It was an invite you asked for names so why is an agenda now being proposed ? Certain people on here think they speak for the collective and I can honestly say they don't. I am just intrigued (worried maybe) but as I say it's for a selfish reason and then from this meeting if I think it's worthwhile there won't only be 2 investors putting money in thinking its a good cause. By the way forever a spire this way you don't have to Pm me with the rubbish you did you can come and say it face to face over the pie and peas you can even have my pint because I will be driving back to Rochdale. One thing I will be intrigued about is putting faces to names that spout of on here and which ones do have the nuts they think they have to challenge without a keyboard under their fingers.

I'm more than happy to introduce myself to you, I will be the middle aged plump bald man with glasses
Have passport will travel

#2309 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

I'm a potential. Date dependant.

No particular questions though as of yet, more of sit quietly and observe.
Every need got an ego to feed

#2310 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostHeavy_Soul, on 26 August 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

When is it?
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#2311 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 26 August 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

When is it?

Not sure.
Every need got an ego to feed

#2312 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 26 August 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

When is it?

Why do you care? Never struck me as someone who liked their ago stroked
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#2313 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

Well you'll be a really valuable addition :rolleyes:
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#2314 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

You're not still after that pint are you?
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#2315 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 26 August 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

That's fine mate and no problem, I was just trying to put some organisation into the night.

Rob

#2316 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

View Postazul, on 26 August 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Why do you care? Never struck me as someone who liked their ago stroked

Regarding ego stroking I'm certainly not in it for that. My views on CT are well documented on here. I just thought if I post what I have regarding him and various happenings then I at least ought to have the decency to front up to it.
East stand second class citizen.

#2317 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 26 August 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

I'm more than happy to introduce myself to you, I will be the middle aged plump bald man with glasses

Finally this thread has a factful post 😯
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#2318 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 August 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Regarding ego stroking I'm certainly not in it for that. My views on CT are well documented on here. I just thought if I post what I have regarding him and various happenings then I at least ought to have the decency to front up to it.

Exactly my point Mr M

#2319 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

That's fine mate and no problem, I was just trying to put some organisation into the night.

Rob

Rob,

Apologies my reply came to one of your posts but I can assure you that you wasn't one I was insinuating against, it just feels as though an invite is now turning into a witch hunt with potential of someone being sued if they say something wrong (which they should in my opinion)

They have opened the door so why not just accept the invite.

#2320 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 26 August 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Are you a law of averages man though and classing middle as aged 29-39 ?

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users